Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Melo's 50 Points vs Heat

Melo
    2nd best player in the league behind the black mamba

Hope we get to see a Knicks vs Heat ECF...

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Melo
    2nd best player in the league behind the black mamba

Hope we get to see a Knicks vs Heat ECF...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    If they met in Playoffs it would be more like 50% of the time with Lebron on him the other 50
    Potentially but Lebron guarding Melo doesn't = less points for Melo = better for heat.

It means more fouls on Lebron and him having to sit for extended periods if he guards Melo for longer.

The Heat have an excellent safety net around Lebron (with Battier guarding the tougher defensive assignment for most of the game) which enables Lebron to conserve his energy for offense and stay out of foul trouble.

I usually hit open layups went_worth's Avatar

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I had to LOL when Melo was 6-6 shooting and then he took that 3-pointer from half court almost and missed bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Potentially but Lebron guarding Melo doesn't = less points for Melo = better for heat.

It means more fouls on Lebron and him having to sit for extended periods if he guards Melo for longer.

The Heat have an excellent safety net around Lebron (with Battier guarding the tougher defensive assignment for most of the game) which enables Lebron to conserve his energy for offense and stay out of foul trouble.
    lol your bias is nuts. Melo is a whole tier below LeBron. He has no chance whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    lol your bias is nuts. Melo is a whole tier below LeBron. He has no chance whatsoever.
    I know your probably posting on a shaky internet connection in a gang riddled favela in the scummiest part of the world. But at which point did I say Melo was better than Lebron?

I simply pointed out that Lebron guarding Melo would end up with Lebron having more fouls. I also indicated Melo would score less with Lebron guarding him.

Now go back to you and your sisters kids and forage through the dump so they can eat tonight.
    Last edited by Trentknicks; 04-03-2013 at 06:21 AM.

In your probably posting on a shaky internet connection in a gang riddled favela in the scummiest part of the world. But at which point did I say Melo was better than Lebron.

I simply pointed out that Lebron guarding Melo would end up with him having more fouls. I also indicated Melo would score less with Lebron guarding him.

Now go back to you and your sisters kids and forage through the dump so they can eat tonight.
    Give MElo LEbron's body and unlike Lebron he actually would have a shot at the GOAT.

Give Lebron Melo's body and he would be a scrub.

I know your probably posting on a shaky internet connection in a gang riddled favela in the scummiest part of the world. But at which point did I say Melo was better than Lebron?

I simply pointed out that Lebron guarding Melo would end up with Lebron having more fouls. I also indicated Melo would score less with Lebron guarding him.

The first part is actually true. I have a really shaky mobile internet xD. The next is not, favelas only exist in Brazil, don't use things you don't know about, you look like a dumb ignorant trying to be a superior fat-capitalist guy shiting on his golden toilet and probably being something like 400 pounds with farts that can set hairs on fire.

And no, LeBron is not used to foul people, he's a pretty clean defender, he's bigger, faster and stronger than Carmelo. He's gonna make him work for every shot and in the offensive side he's still gonna outplay anyone in front of him. The Knicks have ZERO chance at even competing with the Heat. Miami is wishing to see the Knicks in the ECF to have a clean pass to the finals without sweating.

Banned

The first part is actually true. I have a really shaky mobile internet xD. The next is not, favelas only exist in Brazil, don't use things you don't know about, you look like a dumb ignorant trying to be a superior fat-capitalist guy shiting on his golden toilet and probably being something like 400 pounds with farts that can set hairs on fire.

And no, LeBron is not used to foul people, he's a pretty clean defender, he's bigger, faster and stronger than Carmelo. He's gonna make him work for every shot and in the offensive side he's still gonna outplay anyone in front of him. The Knicks have ZERO chance at even competing with the Heat. Miami is wishing to see the Knicks in the ECF to have a clean pass to the finals without sweating.
    Just as well i'm a 192 pound natural body builder sitting at 8% BF

I never said the Knicks were going to beat the Heat either so stop reaching and going off subject. It's a weak strategy to winning a debate.

Just as well i'm a 192 pound natural body builder sitting at 8% BF

I never said the Knicks were going to beat the Heat either so stop reaching and going off subject. It's a weak strategy to winning a debate.
    I don't want to win anything. It's just funny that Knick fans always think their Star player is better than he actually is. Carmelo is not a great player, he is a great scorer (and not so great in the playoffs since he has like 24 ppg in 20 FGA which is NUTS considering he doesn't play any defense) he's like a T-mac, a good showman who can't be a franchise player at this level.

And no, LeBron is not used to foul people, he's a pretty clean defender, he's bigger, faster and stronger than Carmelo. He's gonna make him work for every shot and in the offensive side he's still gonna outplay anyone in front of him.
    The head-to-head stats are very even: Carmelo vs. Lebron

17 regular season games:
    Melo: 23.9 ppg
    LBJ: 25.2 ppg

5 playoff games:
    Melo: 27.8 ppg
    LBJ: 27.8 ppg

Some people are selling Melo way short. No one thinks he's as good as LBJ, but he won't be shut down by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    The head-to-head stats are very even: Carmelo vs. Lebron

17 regular season games:
    Melo: 23.9 ppg
    LBJ: 25.2 ppg

5 playoff games:
    Melo: 27.8 ppg
    LBJ: 27.8 ppg

Some people are selling Melo way short. No one thinks he's as good as LBJ, but he won't be shut down by anyone.
    Yes, LeBron with 18 shots per game and Carmelo with 24.8 that's like, a 34% more of shots and scoring the same amount of points. You have to understand this, the new fever about FG% has a reason. Being effective means scoring more points in less posesions which means having a BETTER CHANCE AT WINNING THE GAME.

Players like Carmelo who shot like crazy in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock doesn't understand this fact and at the end of the day are not too worried about improving or being a winner.

Banned

I don't want to win anything. It's just funny that Knick fans always think their Star player is better than he actually is. Carmelo is not a great player, he is a great scorer (and not so great in the playoffs since he has like 24 ppg in 20 FGA which is NUTS considering he doesn't play any defense) he's like a T-mac, a good showman who can't be a franchise player at this level.
    What's so hard to understand about Lebron fouling more often if he is guarding Melo instead of Battier for extended periods?

You've done nothing to refute my point other than change the subject.

Lebron averages 2 fouls a game against Carmelo. His career average? 1.9