Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default MLB 2K11 / MLB 11 The Show Thread

Both set to drop March 8th. Any of you guys gonna get either? I liked last years version of both games a lot. Don't know how you guys feel about baseball games but i'm looking forward to playing these.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Default Re: MLB 2K11 / MLB 11 The Show Thread

Is that Mauer again? I never played MLB 2k10, but The Show 10 was probably the best sports game I've ever played. I loved Road to the Show. I might not get it for a while though until I see what all changes from '10 to '11.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I might not get it for a while though until I see what all changes from '10 to '11.
    Same. Unless there are enough of us on here to maybe start an online league, then I'm buying for sure. Other than one game destroying bug (that could be avoided), MLB 10 was pretty good for me online. Tons of fun.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Same. Unless there are enough of us on here to maybe start an online league, then I'm buying for sure. Other than one game destroying bug (that could be avoided), MLB 10 was pretty good for me online. Tons of fun.
    That would be pretty cool. I only really played maybe 3-4 games online but would definitely be down for that. I remember at least 5 or 6 of us playing MLB '10.

Just found out, mlb 2k11 is getting released over here..

They haven't released a baseball game in years over here..

Probably cause of that Belfour guy.. whatever his name is..

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    That would be pretty cool. I only really played maybe 3-4 games online but would definitely be down for that. I remember at least 5 or 6 of us playing MLB '10.
    I never tried an online game. Only because I'm weary of playing a baseball game online for some reason. But I'd be down for a league with some people from here.

I busted out The Show 10 today, actually, and played some of my RTTS. I completely forgot that I had made it to year 2019 and had my pitcher boosted up to a 99 in every category. Opening day of his 10th year...

9 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K

I'm like you and Qwyjibo, though, I don't plan on getting '11 unless there's some big awesome new feature.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Me and you need a rematch if you get '11. I think you beat me by 1 run when we played. (this is posterize246)

I've already traded in last year's edition for some credit on '11. I only have like 3 total games so upgrading every year just for rosters is fine with me.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    Me and you need a rematch if you get '11. I think you beat me by 1 run when we played. (this is posterize246)

I've already traded in last year's edition for some credit on '11. I only have like 3 total games so upgrading every year just for rosters is fine with me.
    It's the way to go IMO. Why let games that you'll probably never play again just sit and gather dust? I've been thinking about doing that too. I have a couple games I'll trade. I'm done with Enslaved and Little Big Planet. I'm waiting to see if Gamestop has MLB 11 for one of their "get 50% extra trade-in credit when you buy this" promotion.

I'm definitely down for playing a game. I know everyone is going to be picking the Phillies every time again but as long as you can only use 1 of those starters, I'm cool with that.

Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

i played the show 10 for my ps3, but ended up ranked on ps3 for 2k10. it was crazy.

Tomorrow !!

Whenever Doc doesn't get a close call the announcers says...

"Maybe he would get that call, but he's on the wrong game cover."

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I think I'm gonna go pick this up tomorrow. Got a couple games that I want to trade in too so that credit will go towards this game.

PSN: LSZCZ

Online play was great last year. I'm down for some games if any of you get the game. Once again, I'll probably be the only one using the Blue Jays and will be facing the nothing but the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies

Saw a basketball once HelloBrooklyn's Avatar

I don't like playing baseball games online, will definately be picking up The Show because the franchise mode is much better than 2k's.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by HelloBrooklyn
    I don't like playing baseball games online, will definately be picking up The Show because the franchise mode is much better than 2k's.
    You should give it a shot.

I found it really hard to hit because facing a human pitcher is just so different than the AI. If the other guy sees that you can't hit a certain pitch, you'll keep getting them until you hit it. There were always some good cross-ups too like following up a big hanging curve with a high fastball that you think will drop too but never does. Just like in real baseball you need to capitalize on mistakes. Most of my games ended up 3-2 or 2-1 scores. Close tense games.

I liked that there were no cheap exploits that people could use (at least that I saw). There was only one game-crashing bug that sometimes froze you if you paused and you ended up having to forfeit.

Qwjibo killed me with Ricky romero's 12-6 curve.