Page 90 of 130 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1937
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

can someone explain why kansas keeps on forcing up threes when theyre doing a fantastic job in the paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    if wiggins goes unc and they upgrade at pg theyd be pretty good eh?

im kinda feeling he goes kansas although my guess is as good as any.
    We're not upgradiing at PG. Paige actually turned into a very good PG who came up huge in multiple games down the stretch in a tight game this year. The PG we have coming in next year could be good, but he won't be anything special. At least not next year. I'm not 100% sure what happened, but he really plummeted in the recruiting rankings over the last year. He was a 5-star at one point on some I believe, but now he's a middle/bottom of the pack 4-star. He had other offers from Arizona, Georgetown, and Maryland I believe.

Yes, if UNC somehow gets Wiggins (doubtful), and everyone that can, does come back, they could be pretty dangerous next year.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I think I worded wrong or you misunderstood.

Of the potential early entrants? McAdoo, PJ, and Reggie are the only three who might leave. Leslie ain't going no where and Dex is gone no matter what.

1) PJ
    2) Reggie
    3) McAdoo

No offense to Leslie, but I don't want a situation where he is starting. Just don't. Nevermind that would mean increased minutes for JP who has fallen off the planet after his modest freshman start. In fact.. He would be our only back up wing, right? If PJ and/or Reggie left
    I misread your initial post I think. But I agree on Leslie. He's good in a role where he plays about 20 minutes a game, and he rarely shows up against good teams...and by rarely I mean never.

Team A
    Paige - Britt
    Reggie - Leslie
    PJ - JP
    Brice - Hicks - Simmons
    Hubert - Meeks - James
    That team would be alright if Brice gets stronger and learns he doesn't have to shoot it every time he touches it. I actually like Brice's potential and think he's going to turn into a pretty good post scoring threat.

Team B
    Paige - Britt
    Leslie - JP - Britt
    PJ - JP
    McAdoo - Brice- Hicks - Simmons
    Hubert - Meeks - James
    Like team A better. Would rather have both of P.J. and Reggie and no McAdoo, instead of one of P.J. or Reggie with McAdoo.

Team C
    Paige - Britt
    Reggie - JP - Britt
    Leslie - JP
    McAdoo - Brice- Hicks - Simmons
    Hubert - Meeks - James
    Like the team with P.J. (basing this on potential only) than Reggie, so Team C over Team B. But, gun to my head, I'd probably take Team A over both B and C.

Which do you prefer? Roy is going back to his traditional lineup (which I agree with) unless everyone returns + Wiggins. Feel free to shift some of the starters around like starting Meeks or something if that helps. Just guessing on that. Stay n the 1-5 lineup tho. No small ball, or convince me that Roy would do it again with any of those rosters.
    One thing that worries me is that under Roy, it seems like freshmen rarely step in and become studs almost right away, regardless of how highly ranked and touted they were. And that seems to go doubly for big men, save Hansbrough. So, at the end of the day, if we want to be a Final Four caliber team next year we need everyone back that can come back, and that still may not be enough if we still try to forcefeed McAdoo too much. He's a bad shot/turnover waiting to happen. He rarely utilizes his athletic advantage and it pisses me off.

kansas makes sense because he'd just take mclemores place and theyre a good program, team, etc

unc makes sense because of the coach, culture, and a decent team around him. however he went to them when duke annihilated them so that might not play too well into the recruitment there.

florida state i think is that one other team? his good friend declared there iirc and they've had some good years. not too likely but could happen because of the connections there he has with friends/family

then kentucky is kinda weird. they're already quite stacked so he's either going to miami heat or cleveland cavaliers, i guess.

Anybody know where I can see what percentage of people picked each team for every matchup? Don't care if it's ESPN, Yahoo, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    So, at the end of the day, if we want to be a Final Four caliber team next year we need everyone back that can come back
    I agree with that. Again, not forcing McAdoo out the door... I'll be happy if he returns.

Part of the reason we are playing small ball is because Dex just doesn't provide enough on offense. In the case of everyone returning and no Wiggins, all we do is use the lineup we had early this year, except shift Reggie back to the 2 and PJ to the 3. Maybe someone emerges at center. I pray for someone to.

My concern (and main point about McAdoo) is that in this hypothetical lineup, we are forcing the ball to him even more now. There's a reason why his attempts are down since we moved to 4 out-1 in. Unless he develops some type of post game, his efficiency is just going to be awful. Plus he loses spacing to utilize his most effective move/play (imo): cut off a pick and slashing right to the rim. I don't know the technical term or play name, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I also know Roy will feed any post player in that setup. The concern is that I can't help but think he will feed McAdoo a bit too much because he's returning to school with his lofty status. Remember what Barnes was allowed to get away with in his two years? I see it being the same, except less efficient and in the post. With someone like Brice in there, it will likely become a more balanced offensive attack. Mostly because Roy will be forced to with his main offensive weapons at the 1, 2 and 3.

That's all I was getting at.

san diego getting hot and iowa st with a cushy lead. just nailed a shot as i typed this haha.

looking good for this guy.

i gotta say from what i saw from that kansas game mclemore looked stagnant, they werent running much into him. i dont know shit but i hope to see that change up second half.

franklin trying to throw that down is really risky. woulda had me out of my seat but instead he hurts himself. luckily its nothing too bad.

san diego st is in too good of rhythm.

Notre Dame...just another Big East team that almost always flops big time come tourney time. I mean they aren't even playing Iowa State kind of close....down 24 with 6 minutes to go.

Did this guy say "Timberlake-like shoes"?

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Did this guy say "Timberlake-like shoes"?
    i thought he said timberland shoes like the hiking boots

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Anybody know where I can see what percentage of people picked each team for every matchup? Don't care if it's ESPN, Yahoo, or whatever.
    Spent the last 15 minutes looking for one and couldn't find one. I would have sworn that would be easy to find before I started looking. Seems like an obvious feature to have.

Did find this...
    http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/cheatsheet

No percentages, but I presume the average bracket by a Yahoo player. And to no surprise, it's all chalk. Every single pick.

If you find one, post it please. I would be interested in seeing that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    i thought he said timberland shoes like the hiking boots
    Naw, he said Timberlake-like shoes. I think I was watching a different feed. There are multiple.

is there a replay feature on this mmod thing? some guy just tripped down the stairs in the background of that FT attempt and i wanna .gif it

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Spent the last 15 minutes looking for one and couldn't find one. I would have sworn that would be easy to find before I started looking. Seems like an obvious feature to have.

Did find this...
    http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/cheatsheet

No percentages, but I presume the average bracket by a Yahoo player. And to no surprise, it's all chalk. Every single pick.

If you find one, post it please. I would be interested in seeing that too.
    Lol, it was literally linked right next to the link you posted. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yaho...ckdistribution