Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: 2009 All-NBA teams are official

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    So CP3 put up the seconds highest PER of all time and it's still not enough to make first team? Damn...what does a guy have to do?
    Chris had the third highest PER this year he should have been first team but wade had a higher Per and KObe played on the best team in the west.. Both deserved their first team selections..

so glad to see Roy right where he deserved to be-- 2nd Team, with 0 1st place votes. they nailed it.

i was glad to see the teams line up how they did. i do agree that chris paul is a better player than dirk, but going by guard-forward-center, i like how the teams shook out. i'm ok with duncan being counted as either a forward or center since he's spent considerable time at each position in his career. i'll always look at him as a F/C. same with Pau.

my only quibble would be switching duncan and pau. i really feel like pau had the better season, factoring in injuries and consistency, etc.

happy overall, though.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Biddy77
    so glad to see Roy right where he deserved to be-- 2nd Team, with 0 1st place votes. they nailed it.

i was glad to see the teams line up how they did. i do agree that chris paul is a better player than dirk, but going by guard-forward-center, i like how the teams shook out. i'm ok with duncan being counted as either a forward or center since he's spent considerable time at each position in his career. i'll always look at him as a F/C. same with Pau.

my only quibble would be switching duncan and pau. i really feel like pau had the better season, factoring in injuries and consistency, etc.

happy overall, though.
    Hopefully this kid gets to play with another superstar at one point.. He can be a great one... Portland needs a great big... At this point I don't think Oden is that player... He will be ok though..

You know, call me crazy but I think the All NBA 2nd team would have a shot at beating the All NBA 1st team...

Decent college freshman

real all-nba teams:

1st
    C dwight howard
    F lebron james
    F dirk nowtizki
    G chris paul
    G dwyane wade

2nd
    C pau gasol
    F andre iguodala
    F paul pierce
    G kobe bryant
    G rajon rondo

3rd
    C tim duncan
    F lamarcus aldridge
    F lamar odom
    G jason kidd
    G brandon roy

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Win games.
    lmao ok dwade

College star

wow, Im shocked CP3 didn't make the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Win games.
    im pretty sure they won more games than lost and made the playoffs with a team that was injury plaqued all year.
    so yea

correct me if i'm wrong.

cp3 got ripped off because he deserved first team more than anyone on that list except lebron.

22.9 ppg - 8th in the league
    11.0 assists per game - led the league
    2.8 steals per game - led the league
    5.5 rebounds per game

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    You know, call me crazy but I think the All NBA 2nd team would have a shot at beating the All NBA 1st team...
    Not a chance. The All NBA 1st team is one player off from being the Team USA starting lineup. They have more skilled players who are used to playing with each other and they've proven that they can share the ball enough to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep
    real all-nba teams:

1st
    C dwight howard
    F lebron james
    F dirk nowtizki
    G chris paul
    G dwyane wade

2nd
    C pau gasol
    F andre iguodala
    F paul pierce
    G kobe bryant
    G rajon rondo

3rd
    C tim duncan
    F lamarcus aldridge
    F lamar odom
    G jason kidd
    G brandon roy
    Absolute trash of a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    Not a chance. The All NBA 1st team is one player off from being the Team USA starting lineup. They have more skilled players who are used to playing with each other and they've proven that they can share the ball enough to play well.
    I was more thinking about matchups. Yao always gives Dwight fits, Roy has played Kobe to a standstill as well as anyone can be expected to, CP3 can take Wade...

It would come down to the forwards.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL
    I was more thinking about matchups. Yao always gives Dwight fits, Roy has played Kobe to a standstill as well as anyone can be expected to, CP3 can take Wade...

It would come down to the forwards.
    And who will stop the 1st team forwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit
    And who will stop the 1st team forwards?
    Well it's not like Duncan would be chopped liver or anything. I mean, lets not pretend he was anywhere close to 100% these playoffs.

I don't think there would be any stopping Lebron. You'd have to trap and push out beyond the 3 with Lebron and let Yao and Duncan mop up.

And lets not act like I just said the 2nd team would be favored or anything.

Saw a basketball once jacqe_dee's Avatar

Good for Roy, i think he's the 7th best player, leading that Blazers to the 1st PO in many years, he should be fine the next year if Aldrige and oden improve their game..

And the most underrated player of the year goes to...Deron Williams!

Congrats elite point guard, you get to sit at home for all star games and award ceremonies, despite your constant performance which illustrates that you are similar to the best point in the league/MVP candidate.

This is the last straw. I will never accept team selections as a historical argument for player A being better than player B. MVP awards are well tainted as well. Basically, I don't care what media votes or NBA awards were given to anyone, ever. I'm not listening to that trash anymore. In fact, we should make a list of the greatest travesties in NBA awards and honors, just so we have a library to reference when we encounter these bad historical arguments.

1. Steve Nash MVPs
    2. Shaq's number of MVPs

Please, add to the list. Let's make this an airtight case to blow off every award argument for player X. Think back to all star snubs, all nba team mishaps, mvps, finals mvps, anything you can think of.

4. Jerry Sloan 0 COY awards.