Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Default Re: The Matrix is the greatest movie ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Rambo is basically an unfunny EuroLeague that only posts in the OTC. Damn, what a niche.

They even post the same way.
    1. AD HOMINEM!!!

2. Philosophical approach. Establish a non falsifiable premise, back it up with Wikipedia and scream at everybody disagreeing with you. First do your homework if you want to talk grown men stuff, bro.

3. My premise still stands.

4. I'm supporting my view with misinterpretations of statements by some of the greatest minds of all times, you with Euroleague. Now who's the idiot, huh?

5. Immanuel Kant, therefore Quantum Mechanics, thus proving absolutely nothing...

6. Newton played in a weak era, but he had a nice wig.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 01-19-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    1. AD HOMINEM!!!

2. Philosophical approach. Establish a non falsifiable premise, back it up with Wikipedia and scream at everybody disagreeing with you. First do your homework if you want to talk grown men stuff, bro.

3. My premise still stands.

4. I'm supporting my view with misinterpretations of statements by some of the greatest minds of all times, you with Euroleague. Now who's the idiot, huh?

5. Quantum Mechanics

6. Newton played in a weak era, but he had a nice wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Elbows too pointy, 2/10. Would smash Kant instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Somehow I don't get what's supposed to be great about that movie. I know it's a consensus all time great one, but I don't like the dialogue and acting at all. Maybe I'm too dumb for that shit...

   

Somehow I don't get what's supposed to be great about that movie. I know it's a consensus all time great one, but I don't like the dialogue and acting at all. Maybe I'm too dumb for that shit...
    i think the trick is to evaluate it for its era. it's not only a glimpse in to the civil war age, but 30's hollywood and the culture at large. and it reverberated deeply among almost everyone, it seems.

gotta be an archeologist to appreciate some stuff in life...

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i think the trick is to evaluate it for its era. it's not only a glimpse in to the civil war age, but 30's hollywood and the culture at large. and it reverberated deeply among almost everyone, it seems.

gotta be an archeologist to appreciate some stuff in life...
    Definitely not a movie I'd watch for entertainment on my laptop at home...more like something for an arthouse cinema evening with a girl smarter than me if it means getting laid...

But it's definitely interesting how much movie aesthetics have changed over the decades.

   

Definitely not a movie I'd watch for entertainment on my laptop at home...more like something for an arthouse cinema evening with a girl smarter than me if it means getting laid...

But it's definitely interesting how much movie aesthetics have changed over the decades.
    haha, i gotcha. i think when i first saw it, we were covering the civil war in 6th grade. i was doing a report, so was naturally interested.

so many old, classic movies i feel like i need to watch, but somehow i'd rather watch stuff like this, instead:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilya_forever

Banned

at least 15 better movies i can think of in the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    lots of good quotes and scenes in that one.

Only the first Matrix movie is good...but not actually the whole movie...actually not even most of it. Up until about the point where there is deja-vu glitch, after that its a karate action flick. But the coolest part of the movie is the whole underground-hacker-world idea of the Matrix. The Animatrix is more of what i wish the motion picture was like. Neuromancer without the cowboy-esque vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    What you mix up is that the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics at some points basically can not co-exist unless you regard concepts that are generally set in stone(as time), but those are mathematical problems not reality issues.
    I'm sure a theory will come along that will surpass theory of relativity and quantum mechanics and combine parts of both while encompassing elements of each. That will allow the two to co-exist within a single theory.

Einstein tried to work on that in his later years. He spent almost a decade on this "Theory of everything." People said he wasted a huge portion of his life when he could have spent his time on developing other theories and concepts. To this day, the theory of everything is probably the single most important theory to develop in all of physics & maybe science.

Anyways, to say that QM completely surpasses einstein & theory of relativity is an extremely ignorant thing to say. Both have elements that fit together like a puzzle, but clearly there are other major details that QM/TOR have yet to take into account. Somebody someday much smarter than Einstein/Planck will come along and solve that.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Schindlers List > Matrix

OP makes some valid points. I don't doubt that people would pawn their kids off to machines if it meant free time for them (that's different from the Matrix but we already do it somewhat with technology now and I only see it getting more extreme). I could easily see a world where an elite group of people run the world with advanced machines. I could easily see a lot of crazy things happening because Like Einstein, I am not sure whether our technolgy/humanity is meshing cleanly and I also know there are angry people out there that wouldn't mind destroying everyone. Quantum mechanics shows us that we all live in a virtual nothing so definitely any perception of reality should be challenged. I am pretty sure consciousness cannot be stopped though at this point no matter what happens. Quantum mechanics disproves black holes and that is in line with my own personal theory of light being an unstoppable force... Light spawned consciousness and we are too advanced at this point to be destroyed. There is just too much information.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I don't think it's a crazy claim. If someone posts their top ten move list and The Matrix is at the top I wouldn't balk at that. It's a great movie and we all use different criteria.
    i agree... it's a "great" movie if one is poorly acquainted with sci-fi and metaphysics, doesn't find keanu laughable, and hasn't watched many movies.

but it did come up with bullet time, mofo.