Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo: I'm the most underrated superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    You act like the lakers are locked for top 5 in the west or something
    melo on so many tems could showcase so much more.. imagine him on the bulls, or love-kyrie-melo, or him on the mavs instead of monta, or on the grizzlies or clippers.. hes stuck in no mans land but he wanted the money and NY fame(which no one cares about because knicks dont contend at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    yea meanwhile chris paul gets overrated which is a damn crime for sure.
    Yup. CP3 only been past second round once his entire career yet nobody talks about it or brings it up. The double standard effect.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 10-02-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    melo on so many tems could showcase so much more.. imagine him on the bulls, or love-kyrie-melo, or him on the mavs instead of monta, or on the grizzlies or clippers.. hes stuck in no mans land but he wanted the money and NY fame(which no one cares about because knicks dont contend at all)
    Knicks were unhealthy last year man. We just have to see this this year plus with new coaching staff and president, the knicks might bring 2013 back. Don't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Yup. CP3 only been past second round once his entire career yet nobody talks about it or brings it up. The double standard effect.
    yea it sure is, I wonder whats his excuse for next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    To be fair on the All-NBA Team selections, he is competing against Durant and LeBron. Those two will always be locks for 1st team.
    And had Duncan, Dirk, and kg for the 1st half of career

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Why? What has he ever done in his career to make you think he can be the best player on a championship team?

He couldn't even make the playoffs in one of the weakest seasons by a conference we've seen in the past 20 years.
    Well a couple things.

One being he is good enough that if he wasn't the best player on the championship team, the team would be all-time stacked. It's much more likely that he had a team of good players + him. He can lead a team as a scorer, so why can't he be the best player?

He missed the playoffs in the east... that sucks. However, that was the first time it had ever happened. NY has been bad lately, talent wise. No direction, either.

Also, I believe in things like "it"... where dudes just have some intangible ability, and I think Melo has it. I know you remember him putting it on Bron many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_MY0qUt5CM I remember that live... sure that's one shot but that's all day, effortless. Dude is a monster. People just love to hate. They said the same shit about Dirk before he won, even tho he got an MVP. "LOL MVP BUT GOT BEAT IN FIRST ROUND. CAN'T BE BEST PLAYER ON A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM." But he was...

The sad thing is that if it ever happens, dudes will just ignore it or act like they didn't say it. Or even say something like "Well, up until that point."

If we're talking about guys who can get you 30 and you can win a ring with, he's on a very short list. Of those people, he is the most underrated. What he said was true.

Time will tell if he can get a ring though. Chances don't seem good, but I still don't see why that makes it so that hypothetical Melo can't win a ring on any team that he is the best player on. You could throw Melo on a lot of teams and he would be the best player on a lot of them. They would also be contenders.

Melo on the Bulls would have been the best player, even.

-Smak

how da fcuk is he overrated? Everyone puts him in their top 5 list, some even top 3. He didn't do jack squat in his career even with a stacked denver team. He always gets passes because its apparently his teamates fault. Its funny cause the hawks made the playoffs with al horford injured, but melo can't win with a healthy knick squad. Doesn't matter though, the media and everyone will overrate him as usual.