Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: IF we trade Melo, what deal would you want?

Quote Originally Posted by HanSolo
    S....h...i...t, this is a good move for Bobcats...
    deals not working out as planned.

So Melo said he here in Denver and is ready to play.. Verrrry interesting. When I went to the Nuggets/NBA website I was in for quite a shock. I looked everywhere and I could NOT find on Melo reference. They have removed all his photos advertising or his twitter page. It is like he never existed. I give them 48 hrs and he will be gone. And until he s...I may start burning my Nuggets gear..piece by piece.. I got a brand new lighter and a galleon of gas just a waiting....

Banned

Damn I hoped this trade would go through

Have heard this is the Nuggets fault. Seems like they wanted to dump a couple more players because they did not want to pay more cap costs for adding the saleries from NJ and Utah. Cheap ass Stan and son strike again. Maybe once the team is broken up and they see empty seats(like at McNichols) they will wake up and understand....IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    Have heard this is the Nuggets fault. Seems like they wanted to dump a couple more players because they did not want to pay more cap costs for adding the saleries from NJ and Utah. Cheap ass Stan and son strike again. Maybe once the team is broken up and they see empty seats(like at McNichols) they will wake up and understand....IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!
    yeah, it was a good deal too

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettobird
    yeah, it was a good deal too
    Yep they could of had 3 or more expiring contracts for next season. A great chance to have a lottery pick next year(ain't no way Nets making playoffs) plus over 40 million free to sign free agents. Could of restocked their roster all for one person (MELO)

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Since the Knicks pretty much know that Melo wants to come to play in NY (no not in Brooklyn, in MSG) the Knicks will figure out exactly how to obtain him. Even if they have to give up 2 players from their starting line-up in order to obtain Melo. Most likely Wilson Chandler and Landry Fields plus a #1 draft pick they can get from Houston in a deal for Anthony Randolph.

Before you all say that the Knicks have nothing to offer look at Wilson Chandler and rookie sensation Landry Fields. Chandler is a solid offensive player, is up there with Amare in shot blocks, and is a perimeter shooter as well as being great in driving down the lane.
    Fields has been called the steal of the last NBA draft. 2nd round 39th overall and has been a solid offensive and defensive player as well as leads all Guards in rebounds in the league. If Blake Griffin wasn't playing Fields would win the Rookie of the Year award hands down.

So now tell me these 2, along with a #1 draft pick, isn't a good offer for Carmelo Anthony?

THE NEXT BIG THING

5 1st round picks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Quinn
    5 1st round picks lol
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ynuggets123010

Just like the front office exec said "Denver needs to get real" about the 5 picks.

The Nets, although they may appear to be the favorites to win Melo, may still be shuffling around 5 picks after Feb. Melo made his intentions loud and clear. He wants to join the Knicks, a team that will make it to the playoffs this season, and a city he wants to return to. He will only sign an extension if traded to the Knicks. Melo may get what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ynuggets123010

Just like the front office exec said "Denver needs to get real" about the 5 picks.

The Nets, although they may appear to be the favorites to win Melo, may still be shuffling around 5 picks after Feb. Melo made his intentions loud and clear. He wants to join the Knicks, a team that will make it to the playoffs this season, and a city he wants to return to. He will only sign an extension if traded to the Knicks. Melo may get what he wants.

Not so fast..he ain't won yet. If he dosent take the Nets offer he can lose close to 30 million dollars See this contract has to be signed this season to get the 65 million. Any contract signed after the season is over will not be even close to what Denver offered.

Quote Originally Posted by paguy1955
    Not so fast..he ain't won yet. If he dosent take the Nets offer he can lose close to 30 million dollars See this contract has to be signed this season to get the 65 million. Any contract signed after the season is over will not be even close to what Denver offered.
    Not really. Melo knows that coming to the NYK will guarantee him another financial outlet that would be far more lucrative in a city built on money. Marketing deals. Commercials. Advertisements. His stock will generate more money in NY in the long run. Stoudemire is treated like royalty here. I imagine Melo would attract the same respect and possibly even more considering the environment he will be in. The options are always there. Melo knows that. And if he wants a ring he knows that the NYK are definitely in a position to do so if he joins the team. The Nets have alot of rebuilding to do. And they have alot more IFS??? than the NYK.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Nova6's Avatar

something for the future

favors and a few picks

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Not really. Melo knows that coming to the NYK will guarantee him another financial outlet that would be far more lucrative in a city built on money. Marketing deals. Commercials. Advertisements. His stock will generate more money in NY in the long run. Stoudemire is treated like royalty here. I imagine Melo would attract the same respect and possibly even more considering the environment he will be in. The options are always there. Melo knows that. And if he wants a ring he knows that the NYK are definitely in a position to do so if he joins the team. The Nets have alot of rebuilding to do. And they have alot more IFS??? than the NYK.
    The ONLY ring that Melo could get in NYC is the ring around his bathtub As long as Boston or Orlando is in the east you can forget about even dreaming bout a ring.

melos best option is gonig to ny, he would be ona team in playoff hunt and have a good running mate in amare and felton for a deep run