Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

I couldn't even tell it was an asian movie with the title: Lolita vib-zeme or whatever. Sounds more european to me, only when I saw the director's name could I tell it was japanese.

Do movie titles like: "Old boy" "In the mood for love" or "Chocolate" tell you they're asian?

Blu Ray

Default Re: If someone told you their favorite movie was "____________" you'd know you hate them

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    I put down the movie you offered and you got mad that I showed that nobody really cared. You acted like a cocky c*nt to someone who thought NBK and Carer were disturbing movies and act like they are supposed to know YOUR definition of disturbing. To prove your point, you show a movie that only 17 people on imdb have rated. Very lame in my opinion.

And I just like f*cking with gencbiba who gets so butthurt over his love affair with japanese people and culture. So no, I'm not an ignorant racist.
    I don't really see how you offended me in any way. I'm not offended. Is that enough for you?

Why would I get offended? It's no big deal to me. Seriously. It's not a big deal in the least bit.

I mean, I don't if you think you really 'zinged' me or something. I hope not. It's water under the bridge. It's not like your opinion on the matter is taken seriously. When I want to know something about engineers, Texas, or Europe, you're the guy I go to. Anything else? I'll find someone who's a bit more cultured on the subject.

But don't take that to heart, It's just the God's honest truth.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I don't really see how you offended me in any way. I'm not offended. Is that enough for you?

Why would I get offended? It's no big deal to me. Seriously. It's not a big deal in the least bit.

I mean, I don't if you think you really 'zinged' me or something. I hope not. It's water under the bridge. It's not like your opinion on the matter is taken seriously. When I want to know something about engineers, Texas, or Europe, you're the guy I go to. Anything else? I'll find someone who's a bit more cultured on the subject.

But don't take that to heart, It's just the God's honest truth.
    Ok. Just letting you know if you are going to use a movie to show something, at least make sure it's well known. That has nothing to do with being cultured but has everything to do with using common sense.

Blu Ray

Ok. Just letting you know if you are going to use a movie to show something, at least make sure it's well known. That has nothing to do with being cultured but has everything to do with using common sense.
    So because that movie isn't well known, it is therefore not disturbing? And you're telling me about common sense?

I think what Hawker is trying to say is that no one will understand the reference to a movie of that sort, no matter how disturbing, because of it obscurity.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think what Hawker is trying to say is that no one will understand the reference to a movie of that sort, no matter how disturbing, because of it obscurity.
    Understanding has nothing to do with it. It's the first film that came to mind when I was trying to explain to prime that there are more disturbing films out there. That is all.

Understanding has nothing to do with it. It's the first film that came to mind when I was trying to explain to prime that there are more disturbing films out there. That is all.
    But no one would have the movie you posted as their favorite. I think prime was just trying to say it is disturbing to have as you favorite movie, not that it was too disturbing.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Juno
    A Beautiful Mind

Coach Carter, Remember the Titans, Friday Night Lights, Any Given Sunday, etc.

Sports movies are good and entertaining but I wouldn't put them near #1 favorite.

Superbad, Napoleon Dynamite, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Old School, Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Juno, Dumb and Dumber, and Pineapple Express are all films that if named a person's favorite would mean that we more than likely could not be friends. Fans of quirky loser comedies are the scum of the Earth.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Superbad, Napoleon Dynamite, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Old School, Anchorman, Talladega Nights, Juno, Dumb and Dumber, and Pineapple Express are all films that if named a person's favorite would mean that we more than likely could not be friends.
    Good answer. I'm going to have to agree, though I've had close highschool friends in the past select Anchorman as their favorite comedy.

By the way common disturbing movies that may have been witnessed by many:
    Hills Have Eyes 2
    Pink Flamingos
    Gummo
    Caligula
    Cannibal Holocaust

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    But no one would have the movie you posted as their favorite. I think prime was just trying to say it is disturbing to have as you favorite movie, not that it was too disturbing.
    I already addressed that in a different post. One in which he seemed to ignore.

I already addressed that in a different post. One in which he seemed to ignore.
    I can't say I read the whole thread so I must have missed that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    If they say that Twilight or any of its go relations then I know that it is definately not gonna work if she is a girl... if its a guy, then imma take his mancard and smack him in the face.

Seriously, I heard through a friend that a guy at are school was dumped by his girlfriend because he wasnt enough like "Emmett" and that he was a disapointment... THIS POOR GUY GOT DUMPED FOR A FICTIONAL VAMPIRE.

This series ruins lives.
    not ****? i read something on fmylife kinda like that. it might have been the same kid but i bet a lot of guys are having the same problem :

You obviously got offended. And once again, judging by the title, you cant tell what language it is unless you're a language expert.

Quit being an illogical dumbass. It was an extremely nit-picky criticism which points to being offended.
    Are you brave enough to act like a smart ass to people faces? Or is it just because you can hide behind a screen? I have a feeling you would get broken in half like a twig if you tried acting like this in real life