Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Right now, who is the better overall player: Chris Paul or Rajan Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    And with that we won't see him around here for about a month.

Default Re: Right now, who is the better overall player: Chris Paul or Rajan Rondo?

Chris Paul, Rondo can't shoot, hustle can only get you so far.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Chris Paul, Rondo can't shoot, hustle can only get you so far.
    FG% Rondo .512 Paul .479
    16ft-3pt line% Rondo .544 Paul .463

Clearly Chris Paul

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The only difference between Chris Paul and Rondo right now is a greater than sign

Chris Paul > Rajon Rondo

CP3 by a mile, no comparison.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

In the regular season? CP3

As far as the Playoffs are concerned, I'll go with the one who's been out of the 2nd round & has been the best player on an NBA Finals team.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Give me the guy who comes to play in June.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Do you guys think his mentality hurting the team? I'm not baiting, just trying to figure out what's going on with this team...pre-season I had them as a clear top 2 seed in conference, and they're about to fall back to .500.
    It does and it's my main knock on him. He's not assertive enough, even in the playoffs when I think he picks up the intensity and becomes much more assertive - he could still be more assertive.

Especially with KG at center that lane opens up far too much for him to be averaging 12 points a game.

High School Starter

If cp's healthy in the playoffs he'll outplay rondo per 48

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Ainge would trade Rondo for Paul in a heartbeat. Hell, he already tried to.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    rondo could be the better player and the best point guard in the league by far but he doesn't want to score points. and scoring points is what his team needs the most.
    this man...im a celtic and rondo is just an assist whore. ...our record would be and should be better if he look to score more.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    In the regular season? CP3

As far as the Playoffs are concerned, I'll go with the one who's been out of the 2nd round & has been the best player on an NBA Finals team.
    when was rondo the best player on a finald team?....

lmao this isn't even a question.

Rondo is below CP3 as a player (but not by much).

But CP3 isn't just how well he plays. It's about how well he leads.

He took the worst franchise in the league and did everything for them. Recruited the players, worked the media, gave them belief in themselves, led them on and off the court.

Chris Paul is the greatest leader in the league and that counts for far more than who is the better passer or has the better handle.

Rondo, though I like him, is nowhere near the leader and, in fact, has been suggested to be a loner type

Made that high school varsity squad

I would take CP3 in a heart beat, he's a better all around scorer and just as good passing.