Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    when?
    Henson got foul on the putback at around 2:00 minutes left...

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Henson got foul on the putback at around 2:00 minutes left...
    Well I don't remember, maybe.

There are lots of calls throughout the game. May I remind you last year, UNC scored their last 14 points from the line and won by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    when?
    Are you talking about the offensive rebound where they called a foul on Kentucky late in the game and Kellogg was questioning whether or not it was a shot attempt? I know you aren't saying it wasn't a foul but are saying it wasn't a shot attempt. The replay showed he was attempting a putback.

I'm not saying the officials were the reason Kentucky won. I think both Kentucky and UNC are very evenly matched and, like everyone already knew, the two most talented teams in America. We saw that today.

No, it was a foul, but I don't think the replay showed he was shooting.

But yes, it was a great game, good luck.

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Are you talking about the offensive rebound where they called a foul on Kentucky late in the game and Kellogg was questioning whether or not it was a shot attempt? I know you aren't saying it wasn't a foul but are saying it wasn't a shot attempt. The replay showed he was attempting a putback.

I'm not saying the officials were the reason Kentucky won. I think both Kentucky and UNC are very evenly matched and, like everyone already knew, the two most talented teams in America. We saw that today.
    Ehhh....I'm not sure about that. I'm a UNC fan but Ohio State looks real good right now. That beating of Duke was pretty impressive.

OSU is definitely on UNC/UK's level, especially with the addition of Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by ballsohard247
    Ehhh....I'm not sure about that. I'm a UNC fan but Ohio State looks real good right now. That beating of Duke was pretty impressive.
    I said most talented teams. Not the clear cut two best teams. And I think Duke was being overrated by beating some "paper tigers" in Maui. Ohio State and Syracuse are right there with UNC and Kentucky right now, in my opinion, as the best teams in the country.

There's a reason coach K doesn't schedule true non-conference road games. He got into a game with a more talented Ohio State team and the officials didn't fall for all the Duke flops and didn't let Duke play the way they are accustomed to playing on defense (hacking and slapping) and they got beat.

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I said most talented teams. Not the clear cut two best teams. And I think Duke was being overrated by beating some "paper tigers" in Maui. Ohio State and Syracuse are right there with UNC and Kentucky right now, in my opinion, as the best teams in the country.

There's a reason coach K doesn't schedule true non-conference road games. He got into a game with a more talented Ohio State team and the officials didn't fall for all the Duke flops and didn't let Duke play the way they are accustomed to playing on defense (hacking and slapping) and they got beat.
    I misread. UNC is definitely full of talent.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

As much as I want Gonzaga to lose, I really like Robert Sacre. I'd take him on my team anyday.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Offense looks good so far. Good movement and getting some open looks.

Too many turnovers, guys not being on the same page. I do like this high low thing we're doing with Griffey/Leonard. If it works, it could be dangerous.

Maniscalco is like everything I wanted Trent Meacham to be.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Entire front line in foul trouble. Ibby and Shaw at the 4 and 5 is going to be ugly. Please get Griffey back in there.

DJ Richardson is that dude!

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Entire front line in foul trouble. Ibby and Shaw at the 4 and 5 is going to be ugly. Please get Griffey back in there.
    Our individual post defense has been bad since Weber has been coach. Since the days of Auggie, our bigs play defense by just conceding position and putting their hands in the air. I'm really surprised that Weber hasn't done anything in teaching how to push out, front, or just being tougher inside. It's really an enigma.

Our perimeter defense, trapping and rotations have been great though, for the most part.