Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Cellphones

Default Re: OT: Cellphones

RAZR's and Chocolotes. No such thing as a data plan. Wow those were the days

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
    I have a Verizon Chocolate. It's pretty sweet.

Holy crap I remember being amazed at the phone's ability to be used as a legitimate MP3 player, quality pictures considering 2.0 mp and the screen size.

Now I have a note 3 and the screen size is probably 3 times bigger and can't believe how much I thought of this shitty phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Holy crap I remember being amazed at the phone's ability to be used as a legitimate MP3 player, quality pictures considering 2.0 mp and the screen size.

Now I have a note 3 and the screen size is probably 3 times bigger and can't believe how much I thought of this shitty phone.
    I had the chocolate as well, I remember playing Oregon Trail on it for hours on slow days thinking how awesome it was to have such an in depth game on a phone

Then I got the iPhone 5s when it came out and it had freaking GTA San Andreas on it and the graphics look as good as they did on PC it's freaking crazy how fast technology develops, it seems like it progresses in leaps and bounds.

Had 2 Samsung Galaxy S4s and one Galaxy S4 Mini. Both broke. Got a new iPhone 5s yesterday and I'm amazed at the fluid, smooth, operating system. No lag. Justifies my purchase. Only paid $330 for the black 16GB on eBay.

I also like the low light camera on here. Finger print scanner is extremely accurate. Swype on here using SwiftKey app. Accuracy, just pure accuracy.

The iPhone 6 probably would be better in terms of perfect screen size. The plus might be a little too big for extreme android note users or older people like my father who uses a note 4.

In about a year or so I'll sell this back for probably 270-280 and get an iPhone 6s. Hopefully the new one has waterproof, shockproof, and 2GB of ram.

The whole ram thing coming from an Android user I too was drowning ios users with megapixels and ram. There needs to be an explanation to why a phone with 1GB or less ram can compete with phones using 2GB to 3GB of ram. The operating system is built to do more with less.

I was a skeptic at first but I'm done with lagging, crashing and freezing. With higher megapixels but dark photos in low light environment. I was looking at the S4 video I took 2 years ago on a highway. Man that was beautiful. There's no doubt the video on the amazing galaxy S4-6 are jut mind blowing outside. Samsung deserves it's props there. I haven't tested the video of the iPhone 5s yet or have seen any of the 6 outside. But I strongly doubt it's that good.

Both phones have their pros and cons. I'm happy to say I used the Samsung Galaxy series since the very first Galaxy S and stuck it through. My mother still using the S2 and that's a plus considering she drops it a lot but doesn't leave any dents or broken screen. Samsung needs to make their phones stronger and more worthy of purchasing at retail $700+. I purchased my S4 for $700 flat cash.

This might be the last time Samsung receives my money. Touchwiz is holding it back by far. They need to drop that software and work heavily on stop copying Apple in hardware and overly being obsessed with numbers and worry about how the phone works. The sole purpose of Android when it made its appearance was to do as much as ios as it possibly can for less. It's up until consumers are being charged more than that of an iPhone at retail prices that you wonder if what you're paying for is matching that price. The concept of Android users no longer works. You're paying as much for an android phone or more now.

Tldr; had three top android phones, never again. Made the switch to Apple (iPhone 5s 16GB) and I'm impressed by the software and even hardware that many people claim is being minimized.

For the extreme android users who will disagree, I'll go ahead and enjoy my 1GB of ram and you can enjoy your Touchwiz.
    Last edited by Draz; 03-31-2015 at 02:18 PM.

I've been like this since the Motorola Razr.

Earl the GOAT.

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

The Razr was awesome.

Sidekicks were king of phones during the era before smartphones. Hands down had the best time of my life using those. They had something called TMAIL and if you're a real pimp girls used to send nudes on there 24-7. In fact I believe that's how sexting all started. Sadly they made their appearance as a smartphone in 09 with the sidekick 09 release and didn't do as good as expected.

I had the LX. Everyone wanted them. Going into t-mobile and seeing them there man. Can't remember the prices. Definitely must of been $500 or more for one.
    Last edited by Draz; 03-31-2015 at 02:24 PM.

College star

I had a motorola V220... wtf
    Before that it was a sony ericsson that had the optional *attachable* camera that was VGA quality. Life was simpler then

In 2007 I had a Sony Ericsson K750i. Was the RAZR a good phone? It came out when everyone wanted thinner phones but I always thought it looked flimsy, and I never really like Motorolas

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Sidekicks were king of phones during the era before smartphones. Hands down had the best time of my life using those. They had something called TMAIL and if you're a real pimp girls used to send nudes on there 24-7. In fact I believe that's how sexting all started. Sadly they made their appearance as a smartphone in 09 with the sidekick 09 release and didn't do as good as expected.

I had the LX. Everyone wanted them. Going into t-mobile and seeing them there man. Can't remember the prices. Definitely must of been $500 or more for one.
    Yeah I remember having a sidekick back in the day or a BB curve was huge (almost bought a sidekick in 09). I still remember that 2 years or so that Blackberries were extremely popular. It was a "cool" thing to have in high school and a lot of people used the chatting system on there. Most people stopped using AIM after they got their BBs.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    In 2007 I had a Sony Ericsson K750i. Was the RAZR a good phone? It came out when everyone wanted thinner phones but I always thought it looked flimsy, and I never really like Motorolas
    It was overrated. I had mine until about late 2009. Broke extremely easily.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    RAZR's and Chocolotes. No such thing as a data plan. Wow those were the days
    I knew this name ran a bell!! My mom used to use this way back haha. Man. She had that shit for a long time too. No lie though the speaker was decent

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Yeah I remember having a sidekick back in the day or a BB curve was huge (almost bought a sidekick in 09). I still remember that 2 years or so that Blackberries were extremely popular. It was a "cool" thing to have in high school and a lot of people used the chatting system on there. Most people stopped using AIM after they got their BBs.
    Yup. The world was against smartphones for a little because the LX was such a huge impact on teens especially. It had to do with the fancy lights and lightening of the trackball when messages arrived. The 09 didn't have that I believe and it was focused on the same keyboard functionality but without the lights and focused on Facebook too. Probably the first time something new wasn't as good as the previous version (LX being better or still more popular than its newer brother the 09)

AIM IMO is still KING of messaging. They need to bring that back. KIK will never come close to what AOL/AIM is. One thing I wish society didn't pass on as it progresses. I'm still hoping it comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Yup. The world was against smartphones for a little because the LX was such a huge impact on teens especially. It had to do with the fancy lights and lightening of the trackball when messages arrived. The 09 didn't have that I believe and it was focused on the same keyboard functionality but without the lights and focused on Facebook too. Probably the first time something new wasn't as good as the previous version (LX being better or still more popular than its newer brother the 09)

AIM IMO is still KING of messaging. They need to bring that back. KIK will never come close to what AOL/AIM is. One thing I wish society didn't pass on as it progresses. I'm still hoping it comes back.
    MSN>>>