Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason plan

Default Re: Offseason plan

Anthony Morrow, Xavier Henry, Francisco Garcia, Mike Dunleavy

are some other guys that are out there that could come cheaply and contribute in some way.

I'm looking at Tony Parker destroy the Heat and I'm imagining what a healthy Derrick Rose could do to them.

Our combination of Noah and Boozer is better than or equal to that of Duncan and Splitter.

Deng and Butler are better than Leanord and Green.

Their bench is a little better than ours since they have Ginobli, but I'm sure that we will make improvements to our bench.

They have Popovich who is one of the greatest coaches ever, but Thibs is as close as you can get to Pop in the current NBA.

A healthy Bulls team can compete with anyone.

I'll say again I wouldn't mind moves being done, but at the same time I'd be completely content with bringing everyone back getting them all healthy adding a free agent and two draft picks and making a run.

Rose - Butler - Deng - Boozer - Noah is a very good starting lineup.

Hinrich - Bellinelli - Draft Pick - Gibson - Draft Pick can be a very good bench.

Draft a SF and a C.

See if we can bring back Nazr as an extra big. Sign Chase Budinger or a Corey Brewer. Try to sign an Anthony Morrow or a Mike Dunleavy for some 3-point shooting.

Draft Gorgui Dieng and Solomon Hill.

That is a very deep and well-rounded team. Also should be able to pull it off financially as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    I think maybe Boozer, rights to Mirotic and the Charlotte pick might get it done. I'd do it.
    Hell to the fcuk no.

I want no part in giving up Mirotic, that guy has serious potential and Id rather give up Gibson before giving up Mirotic.

Many reporters and basketball analysts have said that he would go number 1 in the draft if he was available.

And adding the Charlotte pick that could be top 6 protected? Uh uh no way.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Anthony Morrow, Xavier Henry, Francisco Garcia, Mike Dunleavy

are some other guys that are out there that could come cheaply and contribute in some way.

The guy that I want. The rest... meh, not bad, not really a long term solution. Dunleavy is okay too, but despite being a coaches son, he needs a lot of coaching and doesn't have a Thibs type of IQ on defense.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Can we please have korver back

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

I would take Korver back. But he's going to get a decent contract that is outside of our reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    I would take Korver back. But he's going to get a decent contract that is outside of our reach.
    Yes Id like Korver back, but Id be happy just to get Brewer back. Brewer is a handy player to bring in if we have a lead and just need him for defense.

But seriously, management need to keep their eyes on a higher target to get better. We need to start building players around Rose who can get us to that next level.

Guys like reddick, Mayo, Jefferson? , Love are all players we should be looking at.

And of course, a solid backup centre.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    The guy that I want. The rest... meh, not bad, not really a long term solution. Dunleavy is okay too, but despite being a coaches son, he needs a lot of coaching and doesn't have a Thibs type of IQ on defense.
    Agree with Garcia.

I've had a man-crush on him for a long, long time (as a player). I love him, I want him on the Bulls, but I'd rather get Thornton, a more proven scorer. Garcia can shoot and defend, which is incredible, but we badly need a scorer to play opposite Rose.

Honestly, everyone but jls (I think?) has ignored my Kings trade idea...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw

Boozer, Deng, and a pick (ours or Charlotte's, I don't care)

for

Cousins, Thornton, Jimmer, Salmons, Hayes (last 2 are needed for salary)

Bulls get shooting, scoring, post defense, and my choice for the next superstar IF he can get his head on right.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Agree with Garcia.

I've had a man-crush on him for a long, long time (as a player). I love him, I want him on the Bulls, but I'd rather get Thornton, a more proven scorer. Garcia can shoot and defend, which is incredible, but we badly need a scorer to play opposite Rose.

Honestly, everyone but jls (I think?) has ignored my Kings trade idea...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw

Boozer, Deng, and a pick (ours or Charlotte's, I don't care)

for

Cousins, Thornton, Jimmer, Salmons, Hayes (last 2 are needed for salary)

Bulls get shooting, scoring, post defense, and my choice for the next superstar IF he can get his head on right.
    I don't think this works out well for either team. I'll start with the Kings.
    1. They're getting a new smarter GM. Be it Kenny Smith, a Spurs assistant GM, or that guy from Boston. They're getting one.
    2. I don't think they'd want Boozer or Deng. They'd need to really pay Deng for him to stay in a non-contention situation. Whereas he could next offseason hop on a team like Cleveland, and be on a top 4 squad in the east. (potentially). Boozer makes way too much even for a rebuilding team that wants wins.
    3. They're giving up good players (Hayes, Thornton) a player who could be great (Cousins), and a bad contract and a non-factor in the NBA if he can't score. For a slightly overpaid guy, and a drastically overpaid guy who really wouldn't be a leader in that locker room. Unlike Chuck Hayes.

Bulls: Cousins under Thibs could go really really really well, or really really really really really really really bad. I believe in the guy, but I think Thibs is too hard of a coach for him to work with. Maybe, but I wouldn't risk it. Thornton doesn't play defense, maybe he could be coached into it. And the rest wouldn't see playing time unless an injury occured, lol, and so I won't go into detail on them.

Now if we sweetened the deal with Mirotic, Butler, Taj instead of Boozer, charlotte pick? Something...maybe. But I'd much rather call up Minnesota first and see what we'd need to give up for Kevin Love.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I don't think this works out well for either team. I'll start with the Kings.
    1. They're getting a new smarter GM. Be it Kenny Smith, a Spurs assistant GM, or that guy from Boston. They're getting one.
    2. I don't think they'd want Boozer or Deng. They'd need to really pay Deng for him to stay in a non-contention situation. Whereas he could next offseason hop on a team like Cleveland, and be on a top 4 squad in the east. (potentially). Boozer makes way too much even for a rebuilding team that wants wins.
    3. They're giving up good players (Hayes, Thornton) a player who could be great (Cousins), and a bad contract and a non-factor in the NBA if he can't score. For a slightly overpaid guy, and a drastically overpaid guy who really wouldn't be a leader in that locker room. Unlike Chuck Hayes.

Bulls: Cousins under Thibs could go really really really well, or really really really really really really really bad. I believe in the guy, but I think Thibs is too hard of a coach for him to work with. Maybe, but I wouldn't risk it. Thornton doesn't play defense, maybe he could be coached into it. And the rest wouldn't see playing time unless an injury occured, lol, and so I won't go into detail on them.

Now if we sweetened the deal with Mirotic, Butler, Taj instead of Boozer, charlotte pick? Something...maybe. But I'd much rather call up Minnesota first and see what we'd need to give up for Kevin Love.
    Fair points. I definitely see where you're coming from, in terms of what Sac would be giving up. I just look at their roster and see a bunch of "Me" players, and think that a few really talented "We" players, with playoff pedigree, could really take them places. Thomas, Evans, Deng, Boozer, Thompson is not a bad starting 5, then add in their pick this year and the Charlotte pick and that's not a bad starting spot.

And I don't really see why so many Bulls fans want Love. He's a great, great player, make no mistake... but the Bulls are already a jump shooting team. Need 3p shooting (which Love admittedly brings) and a post game. Does Love have a post game and I, because I don't watch many games, don't realize this? He strikes me more as a Toronto-Bosh with better rebounding (not an insult. Just a play-style comparison)

I don't see the Kings giving up on Cousins yet.

Also don't see them taking on the contracts of our overpaid guys.

Love is the guy that I would target as well if we're going to try to make a major deal for an established star player.

His rebounding is outstanding and along with Noah he would already make our really good rebounding team undoubtedly the best in the league for sure for years to come. His outside shooting would help open driving lanes for Rose, Butler and Deng. All of those guys would also be able to drive and kick to Love. Love is the perfect pick and roll big man. He sometimes gets criticized for being too much of a shooter as a big man but he is also very capable of banging down low. He is also an excellent passer which Noah is as well. So not only would we have the best rebounding C-PF combo in the league but also the best pass C-PF combo in the league.

Rose
    Butler
    Deng
    Love
    Noah

Competes for championships for however long they are together.
    Add some three point shooting and some size to the bench and we're set.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pzqfacm

Boozer to Nets.
    Humphries to Timberwolves.
    Love to Bulls.

Bulls also send rights to Mirotic and a future 1st to Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Fair points. I definitely see where you're coming from, in terms of what Sac would be giving up. I just look at their roster and see a bunch of "Me" players, and think that a few really talented "We" players, with playoff pedigree, could really take them places. Thomas, Evans, Deng, Boozer, Thompson is not a bad starting 5, then add in their pick this year and the Charlotte pick and that's not a bad starting spot.

And I don't really see why so many Bulls fans want Love. He's a great, great player, make no mistake... but the Bulls are already a jump shooting team. Need 3p shooting (which Love admittedly brings) and a post game. Does Love have a post game and I, because I don't watch many games, don't realize this? He strikes me more as a Toronto-Bosh with better rebounding (not an insult. Just a play-style comparison)
    Here's why: a terrific rebounder, somewhat of a hustler, great from anywhere on the court, some good post moves, he's not a great post player, but in this NBA you don't have to be. But he definitely has moves down there. Sweet passer which seems to be a great thing for our offense. He just doesn't play defense really, and his skill level isn't a top notch guy who's worth an additional 20-30 wins on a lottery team-fringe playoff team. But he'll be an excellent second banana somewhere. Really he just fits well with the Bulls, and most Bulls fans are desperate for any second star next to Rose. He's pretty much Toronto Bosh with way better passing, and more rebounding, but Toronto Bosh had like 30 more pounds of muscle and played inside.

And the team shoots a lot of jumpers but most aren't good-great at them. I mean Boozer didn't shoot 50% from the field and is becoming the next Euromire except he rebounds. Deng is an above average shooter when healthy but until his arm is fully healed....he's not. Jimmy hits wide open shots, and pulls off some nice shots sometimes, but he's gotta up that next season when the scouting report is out. Noah's midrange shot is cute. I mean it works sometimes, but it's not reliable. Overall, the starters need more scoring anyways..and the bench is probably redone next season again.
    Last edited by Rose; 06-12-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I'm looking at Tony Parker destroy the Heat and I'm imagining what a healthy Derrick Rose could do to them.

Our combination of Noah and Boozer is better than or equal to that of Duncan and Splitter.

Deng and Butler are better than Leanord and Green.

Their bench is a little better than ours since they have Ginobli, but I'm sure that we will make improvements to our bench.

They have Popovich who is one of the greatest coaches ever, but Thibs is as close as you can get to Pop in the current NBA.

A healthy Bulls team can compete with anyone.

I'll say again I wouldn't mind moves being done, but at the same time I'd be completely content with bringing everyone back getting them all healthy adding a free agent and two draft picks and making a run.

Rose - Butler - Deng - Boozer - Noah is a very good starting lineup.

Hinrich - Bellinelli - Draft Pick - Gibson - Draft Pick can be a very good bench.

Draft a SF and a C.

See if we can bring back Nazr as an extra big. Sign Chase Budinger or a Corey Brewer. Try to sign an Anthony Morrow or a Mike Dunleavy for some 3-point shooting.

Draft Gorgui Dieng and Solomon Hill.

That is a very deep and well-rounded team. Also should be able to pull it off financially as well.
    The Bulls do sort of remind me of the Spurs. Rose is better than Parker (and Parker is great too). Noah > Splitter. Duncan > Boozer. They do have Leonard and Green and the Bulls have Deng and Butler.

If the Bulls could make a trade for Kevin Love and make some more bench moves like bringing back Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver (if Belinelli and Nate Robinson both leave for larger contracts) they would be better than the Spurs.

I'd really like to see Love on the team. I think he's the missing piece the Bulls need right now. Boozer had a good season yeah but Love is that superstar player that along with Rose could lead this team to the championship.

A lineup of:

Noah
    Love
    Butler
    Brewer
    Rose

Hinrich, Korver off the bench.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Hell to the fcuk no.

I want no part in giving up Mirotic, that guy has serious potential and Id rather give up Gibson before giving up Mirotic.

Many reporters and basketball analysts have said that he would go number 1 in the draft if he was available.

And adding the Charlotte pick that could be top 6 protected? Uh uh no way.
    You wouldn't give up a player that hasn't even played in the NBA yet for a proven superstar player in Kevin Love? Really??

If Love becomes available give up everyone but Rose, Butler and Noah for him. That would just be dumb to take chances on a player that hasn't stepped onto an NBA court and pass up on a proven 20+ PPG and 10+ RPG player. Noah + Rose + Love + Butler = championship.