Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Yeah can't really go wrong with either system. One big factor for me choosing the xbox one is that's which console most of my friends are getting
    This is kinda why I regret getting my PS4 and not having the money for my Xbox One. I have 2 friends that I would game with that have the PS4 and they don't play anywhere as often as I do. On my Xbox I had friends galore.

Banned

How are both consoles doing with issues? I keep thinking I've decided on one then hearing about a problem then I think I'll get the other then I hear about another issue.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    How are both consoles doing with issues? I keep thinking I've decided on one then hearing about a problem then I think I'll get the other then I hear about another issue.
    Honestly, I haven't had a single issue with my PS4 touch wood, It gets warm to the touch, but I've had it gaming for a good 8 hour session and didn't skip a beat.

The only issue's I've had are with NBA 2K14, but that's the game, and has also been widely documented.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

As far as I can tell the PS4 is pretty good, the percentage of people that are having problems is hovering around 1%. By comparison the Xbox 360 had a failure rate around 30 - 50%. The PS3 was 10%. I'm not sure what the Xbox one failure rate is but apparently it is higher than the PS4.

The thing is the both the PS4 and Xbox one have sold over a million consoles so even if 0.1% make YouTube videos showing defects it would still be 1000 videos which might look like a lot but it really isn't.
    Last edited by miller-time; 12-10-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    As far as I can tell the PS4 is pretty good, the percentage of people that are having problems is hovering around 1%. By comparison the Xbox 360 had a failure rate around 30 - 50%. The PS3 was 10%. I'm not sure what the Xbox one failure rate is but apparently it is higher than the PS4.

The thing is the both the PS4 and Xbox one have sold over a million consoles so even if 0.1% make YouTube videos showing defects it would still be 1000 videos which might look like a lot but it really isn't.
    Yeah wasn't so much failures but I had heard from a few people about the ps4 over heating if you played for 5 hours or more and needing to be left to cool. Xbox I was hearing about the disk drives being horrendously loud. I've told family members to get me gift vouchers for christmas this year so I'm planning on ordering one after christmas, usually there's some good exclusives that sway me but at this point most of the exclusives look pretty poor.

Banned

11 days till I have a PS4. Can't ****ing wait.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've been hunting for a PS4 since just after Christmas. The girl who answers the phone at Best Buy actually recognized my voice. I would call all 6 Best Buys within an hour of me pretty much every night as I left work, and all the the Gamestop's in that area, which was more than I figured. I'd check the Target website. Try Toys R Us. And occasionally Walmart, but getting through their customer service web is a mess.

So I stopped at the Gamestop that I pass on the way home instead of calling. Still nothing. But as I'm leaving I'm facing the light that goes into the Walmart, HomeDepot, Shop Rite parking lot. I hate that place. But coming home that way, it often makes more sense to cut through the parking lot. As I'm going through, I figured I'd give Walmart a shot, and they had three.

I had already bought AC4 and a second controller a few weeks ago. I went back to Gamestop to look for a camera, but they didn't have them either.

Spent a few hours going through set up last night, logging into everything. The whole deal. I downloaded a bunch of updates. Had to update AC. But now I'm ready to go. I almost wish there weren't Saturday playoff football this weekend. But my weeknights are ocupado for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've been hunting for a PS4 since just after Christmas. The girl who answers the phone at Best Buy actually recognized my voice. I would call all 6 Best Buys within an hour of me pretty much every night as I left work, and all the the Gamestop's in that area, which was more than I figured. I'd check the Target website. Try Toys R Us. And occasionally Walmart, but getting through their customer service web is a mess.

So I stopped at the Gamestop that I pass on the way home instead of calling. Still nothing. But as I'm leaving I'm facing the light that goes into the Walmart, HomeDepot, Shop Rite parking lot. I hate that place. But coming home that way, it often makes more sense to cut through the parking lot. As I'm going through, I figured I'd give Walmart a shot, and they had three.

I had already bought AC4 and a second controller a few weeks ago. I went back to Gamestop to look for a camera, but they didn't have them either.

Spent a few hours going through set up last night, logging into everything. The whole deal. I downloaded a bunch of updates. Had to update AC. But now I'm ready to go. I almost wish there weren't Saturday playoff football this weekend. But my weeknights are ocupado for the forseeable future.
    Every store in my area is sold out of PS4's, but they all have numerous Xbox One's

Saw a basketball once

PS4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

What's your PSN?

What are they?

I'm guessing Sony totally turned things around and won the sales battle

Thorp, keep checking in on Amazon throughout the day. They've been splitting up their stock and dropping some units throughout the day since the 9th. I got lucky and caught one. The lot they put out when I ordered sold out within 5 minutes, but still, you'll find one if you keep checking in. Just be ready to buy it, meaning have all your card info saved in and account made already.

It is unreal how quick the stock is going out everywhere. Sony is going to really benefit from this momentum. I predict crazy good exclusives in the coming years for the PS4.

I've heard scattered reports of error messages, but a lot of that is due to bugs and glitches still being worked out. I wouldn't believe much I hear at this point. A lot of garbage out there trying to sway customers. If there was something to be worried about with the systems, it's not hitting a big enough percent of consoles to make the headlines and stay there.

Just make your decision and jump in dude. If your console fails, it'll be under warranty for a while I'm sure. It's the world we live in.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I have an Xbox One that I don't use much for gaming at the moment since I think the games suck and I prefer PC gaming. Honestly I would probably go for the PS4 at this point.

Pros
    Skype & Camera - Skype is really awesome and camera is really good.
    Interface - Nice and Easy to use.

Cons
    Amazon Prime - You cannot on demand movies through your Xbox. You have to purchase them on your PC then they will save in your Library and you can view them on your Xbox. You cannot actually purchase the movie on the Xbox. This is because MSFT is asking for a revenue percentage from AMZN.

3D - No 3D support. This sucks for those of us who have a 3D TV. I bought a super high end 65" 3D Samsung and cannot rent 3d movies (are you kidding me MSFT? you talked about this being a media center).

HDMI IN for Cable - Yes, you can plug your cable box into your Xbox and it does integrate. However, there are a few key features missing which include the inability to view DVR. You cannot record or view your DVR shows. This kind of renders the integration somewhat useless as you cannot use a feature you pay more for.