Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I've told all my friends about the show, basically forced them to watch it & they all love it.
    Yeah, my friends love it too. In the summer when I first started watching I tried to show them but it was already in season 2 and they had no context to understand the story. Still they thought it was awesome.

Now since it got on Netflix, I have 3 friends who have watched every episode, and downloaded season 4 from torrent sites.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore thebirdman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
    by the way, thanks for linking this song. i didn't really notice during the show, but it's amazing. will be trying out some more apparat.

Just got into breaking bad recently, finished season 1. Now on to Season 2. But Tuco really reminds of my old friend in 5 years. lol

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    thats just wrong

Blu Ray

Like a BAUS.

So in the end, did Walt actually poison Brock(Andrea's kid)? If so, how do you think he did it?

I didn't think so at first, but the final scene of the finale couldn't be merely a coincidence. Maybe it was Walt's brilliant plan to actually talk to Jeese.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

What the hell is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    So in the end, did Walt actually poison Brock(Andrea's kid)? If so, how do you think he did it?

I didn't think so at first, but the final scene of the finale couldn't be merely a coincidence. Maybe it was Walt's brilliant plan to actually talk to Jeese.
    Seems that it was Walt who poisoned the kid. I assume the big black guy picked the risen off Jesse as Jesse originally suspected. The kid could have been poisoned at any time after Walt looked at the plant. I assume Walt did it himself, but he could have potentially had more help from the lawyer and his body guard.

Blu Ray

SPOILER:

[COLOR=White]Well they did explain that the poison came from an exotic plant which we all know what zoomed in upon which we assume was Walt's backyard for the last scene of the season. I think It's pretty clear cut who did it.[/COLOR]

^ Yep. To me, the question is "how?" When did he have the chance to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    ^ Yep. To me, the question is "how?" When did he have the chance to do it?
    Walt locked himself inside all day, I don't think he had a chance to even come close to Brock. I'm pretty sure Walt paid Saul to do it. Saul's urgent voicemails to Jeese, and Huel's pickpocketing of Jeese.

Just to nail down something from the finale, did Walt in fact poison Brock? Is that something you want to confirm or leave as an open question?

I like not nailing things down completely. I like letting the audience ask those questions. But ... yeah, I mean, as far as I'm concerned, he did poison Brock. I think he did it for very pragmatic reasons of self-preservation, not just to protect himself but his family. But it was a very awful, cold-blooded act, and it obviously sends Walt many, many more steps closer to hell, to losing his soul, as it were.

But I think there was I think a method to the madness. It wasn't actually ricin that he poisoned the child with; it turned out to be this alkaloid, lily of the valley, which can be fatal but in this case was not. I think the intention on Walt's part was to get Jesse talking to him again. I think he took a very bold and very desperate risk in poisoning the child and in making sure that Jesse's ricin-laced cigarette was lifted off of him [by Saul's employee Huell, according to a Gilligan interview with Alan Sepinwall] so that Jesse would come to him seeking vengeance.

At that point, the worst that could happen to Walt would be that Jesse would shoot him, which was a very real possibility in Episode 4.12. It was a very real possibility Walt would be killed by his partner, but he was a dead man anyway at that point. He was sure to be killed by Gus or his henchmen, so it might as well be Jesse pulling the trigger. But the best-case scenario was exactly what happened, which is that he was able to say to Jesse, "Why in God's name would I do this? Jesse, why would I poison a child?" And, of course, that's the very reason right there to get Jesse talking to him, to get Jesse believing that it indeed was not Walt but rather it was Gus, and to get the two of them together again. Because Walt truly had no help and no hope without having Jesse back on his team again, and that's, of course, what would lead to their ultimate victory over Gus.

Every season I say "Man, Walt is a bad guy." And then the next season, I'm like he's, "Wow, he's done even worse things now." Maybe at this point he is a full-on sociopath. Nothing mitigates what he's done, of course, but, you know, he did keep his family safe. I mean, you can't forgive anything he does ...
    No. And we don't make that argument. I would never make that argument, that you should see him as a good guy. I mean, the whole intention of the franchise from Day 1 was, we're going to take the good guy and turn him into the bad guy. And at a certain point, you stop rooting for the bad guy and I make no bones about that. It only makes sense at a certain point to stop sympathizing with this man. But hopefully, no matter what, he remains interesting.

There's something about the Darth Vaders of fiction and the J.R. Ewings and all the various villains throughout history and novels and in movies and television, there's something about them -- if they're bold and courageous and they go forward with courage and they live by their own rules and they're smart and cunning, we somehow we don't necessarily sympathize with them as much as we have grudging respect for them. And I think at a certain point Walt probably falls under that category, where we're not on board with his methods so much as we respect his intelligence for continually getting himself out of these jams that he finds himself in.

But of course, there's no one to blame but himself. We sort of made that point back in season 1 where this deus ex machina was presented to him in the form of his former lab partner who's now a very rich man, who says, "I'll pay for your cancer treatment, I'll give you a job, you'll have a lot of money coming in, no strings attached." And Walt's pride kept him from doing that. So this is a man who has made his own bed very clearly, and at a certain point, perhaps all that's left is our grudging respect for his endless ability to unpaint himself from these corners he finds himself painted into.
    Yes, Vince has confirmed that. http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/brea...alt-gus-jesse/

NBA Superstar

man this show is driviing me f'in crazy. its been great ever since end of S1, especially when things were going good for them, but the stupidity of Walt especially in relation to Jesse is f'in killing me hearing Walt cry and woe is me about his situation is so f'in dumb when he's the idiot that brought it ALL on himself. he could had been cooking meth working for Gus with no issues making his millions ez, but that dumbass had to stay loyal to that fukk up meth head with all kinds of issues. they need to chop off some of Jesse's fingers or one of his ears, maybe get some prison dude to rape him, or something real painful, i'm really hoping something real bad happens to hiim at this point....can't stand seeing main characters act so dumb and implode like this i'm at S4 episode 4 and i'm so pissed at the stupidity, especially of Walt, it just kills me at how dumb he is crying to Saul about all of the issues he brought on himself. dumbass mf'er

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    You are an idiot.

and ure ish's biggest loser~

Still waitin for this shit to hit netfilx