Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Griffin will be the first option at LAC?

Gordon, Randolph, Thorton... ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Griffin will be the first option at LAC?

Gordon, Randolph, Thorton... ?
    Thats assuming they trade Randolph because no matter what team Randolph is on he has to be the 1st option.

There is no way they bring the #1 pick off of the bench, espescially on such a horrible team like the Clippers looking to sell tickets & generate interest for this season.

In the last 20 years name a #1 pick who was successful coming off of the bench in his rookie year?
    Kwame?
    Bargnani?
    Oden?

You just dont do that, if hes the #1 pick you give him the chance to become a factor as a starter for your team.

one more reason to make fun of my name..

Can someone point out what Griffin does better on the court compared to Beasley? The only thing I have noticed is rebounding.

Griffin is scary

Banned

Can someone point out what Griffin does better on the court compared to Beasley? The only thing I have noticed is rebounding.
    Better court vision, he could pass out of a double team
    Plays with more intensity
    Runs the court better
    Finishes stronger around the basket
    Rebounds better(actual boxing out technique)
    Blocks more shots

You should have watched Blake Griffin this season, he played like a man amongst boys while facing very good competition which is why hes going #1 no matter what.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Runs the court better
    Blocks more shots

You should have watched Blake Griffin this season, he played like a man amongst boys while facing very good competition which is why hes going #1 no matter what.
    Very good?

Last time I checked, NBA>NCAA...

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Runs the court better
    Blocks more shots

The same was said about Beasley dominating his competition, and the question was will it be able to translate to the NBA.

Furthermore, Beasley runs the court far better then Blake. I've watched Blake and he often positions himself far to low on a break, and can't really run one as well as Beasley.

Both are shocking passers.

More intesity? Who cares about that, all that matters is final product. See KG and Duncan for example.

Beasley averaged more blocks in college, as well as steals.

Beasley finished at a higher percentage around the rim I believe (I will try to find the link that said so).

So once again, it has basically come down to Griffin being a better rebounder and that's it.

All Griffin did in college was overpower college kids with his power and athletism. He wont get away with half the shyt he did in college. You're not gonna bully anyone for buckets.

Banned

The same was said about Beasley dominating his competition, and the question was will it be able to translate to the NBA.

Furthermore, Beasley runs the court far better then Blake. I've watched Blake and he often positions himself far to low on a break, and can't really run one as well as Beasley.

Both are shocking passers.

More intesity? Who cares about that, all that matters is final product. See KG and Duncan for example.

Beasley averaged more blocks in college, as well as steals.

Beasley finished at a higher percentage around the rim I believe (I will try to find the link that said so).

So once again, it has basically come down to Griffin being a better rebounder and that's it.
    Your love for Michael Beasley is impregnable, its like you are his agent.

Beasley does not run the court well for a SF/PF, thats not even arguable unless through total bias/ignorance for the truth.

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

blakes attitude, intensity, aggression, hustle, attention to detail, etc. whatever you wanna call it is so far beyond beasley's its not even a comparison and then combined with the fact that he's a full 2 inches bigger than Beasley, I dont see how anyone would take Beasley to start a team right now ahead of Griffin.

If Beasley had brains and actually showed some interest in playing? Sure, maybe it'd be debatable. But he hasn't, so its not.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

brian griffin

NBA rookie of the year

Griffin will have the better rookie season and career. He's a legit power forward, he'll be given more playing time to develop and he's much more athletic.

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

I've watched 40+ Miami games this season. Beasley is disappointing, and I think his overall long-term impact is very much limited by his physique. He's not big enough or strong enough to be a power forward, particularly on the defensive end, but also offensively it leads to him getting bullied around and forces him to take weak shots.

Then people suggest he could be a small forward - but again, he's not athletic or fast enough to cope defensively (although offensively, depending on who guards him, he might find it easier).

I think Blake has the body that will enable him to develop into a better long-term prospect - he just needs to work hard on his ability to make best use of his athletic talent.

^Bingo. The key difference is that Griffin has legit power forward size. Beasley is a tweener and will need to develop a better J to play the 3.