Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Knicks will make run. A more offensive 2008 Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    You hear the dumbest god damn shit about the Knicks I swear.
    I know ... New York fans

Knicks fans never give up, most dedicated out there clearly. It doesn't matter how bad the Knicks get they are always a short win-streak away from their delusional fans anointing themselves championship-contenders.

Reality-check Knicks fans, the Knicks are not a .500 team as currently constructed.

They will struggle to beat the Bucks for the 8th seed and the privilege to get tossed by Chicago in the first round.

The Knicks play about as good as 2008 Celtics doodoo stains.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Are you kidding me?! This team is full of people who can't play with eachother, and when they face a good time like the Heat or Bulls, they'll get wrecked.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    ...the f*ck?

Celtics were one of the best defensive teams in the last 20+ years who had three star players sacrifice their own personal stats for the sake of building a championship team.

The Knicks play no defense, best player is cancer Melo who is a blackhole, Amare who is allergic to anything having to do with defense or rebounding, and have PGs who make better passes to the other team than they do to their own players.

What an awful comparison.
    melo and amare are sacrificing stats too. The reason why melo is attempting so much because of dantoni not holding his players accountable. Melo wasnt attempting 30+ shot attempts until he got tired of douglas, shumpert and other players attempting 20+ shooting only 25%. And most of them are jumpers. Now that the coach is fired, hes back to being a team player. He doesnt care about touches as long as anyone who wants to score wouldnt settle for 3s.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It took a while but my brain has just processed that someone compared Novak and JR Smith to Ray Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    They're playing top 5 defense past three games. Just smothering teams from beginning to start. They're balancing out scoring, VERY balanced scoring. And personally, I can't help but see the Celtics. The defense isn't as good as those Celtics, but the offense is better.

You've got Chandler, the defensive anchor(KG).

You've got JR Smith, Novak guys that stretch the floor with the 3 (Ray Allen).

You've got a big that stretches the floor with a jumper, KG/STAT.

You've got your primary scorer, Melo. And these past few games, he's been very Paul-Pierce like. He's picking his spots, he's passing more, taking less shots, getting things in the flow of the offense. Like those transition/pull-up threes that Pierce hits, Melo has been doing more of.

They've got a dynamic PG with Lin/Baron (Rondo).

A very deep bench.

And now, you've got this whole collectiveness on defense. Guys who before weren't known for defending, are now putting in the work. Amar'e is hedging out on PnRs, Melo is bodying up his man and showing great footwork on D. Kind of like when you saw Pierce change that year with the arrival of KG.

I just see more and more of the Celtics with this Knicks squad. And I think what people underestimate about those Celtics is their offense. They were an incredibly efficient offensive team. Sure their defense was amazing, but their offense was pretty darn good. Why? Because they spread it around, on any given night you didn't know who would hurt you. Could be Melo(Pierce), Amar'e(KG), Novak/JR(Ray), Lin(Rondo). They had too many weapons.

Thoughts? Anyways these are just my 2 cents.

GOAT Commissioner

Atleast make the playoffs first.

Stupid Knick fans never learn

Yes. But only if everyone is willing to sacrifice to allow for the betterment of the team like we saw Boston's vets do and have seen in the last 3 games.

The team is constructed a little differently with more youth and an actual center, but worse individual defenders. Chandler is much better than Perkins/PJ. Lin right now is better than Rondo was then. Garnett was better than Amar'e right now. Pierce and Melo are about the same but Pierce went crazy in the playoffs. NY has more talent on the bench too. Boston had Cassel, House, Powe, Posey and Brown... good vets but didn't have much left. NY's bench is much more explosive but less consistent.

If the Knicks win another 3 games, ya'll gonna hear comparisons of the team to the 86' Celtics, 87' Lakers or even 96' Bulls. There ya go folks, dumbest fanbase in the NBA, the New York Knicks fans

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Yes. But only if everyone is willing to sacrifice to allow for the betterment of the team like we saw Boston's vets do and have seen in the last 3 games.

The team is constructed a little differently with more youth and an actual center, but worse individual defenders. Chandler is much better than Perkins/PJ. Lin right now is better than Rondo was then. Garnett was better than Amar'e right now. Pierce and Melo are about the same but Pierce went crazy in the playoffs. NY has more talent on the bench too. Boston had Cassel, House, Powe, Posey and Brown... good vets but didn't have much left. NY's bench is much more explosive but less consistent.
    How the hell do Knick fans think they're at all close to an NBA Champion?

HOW'D I MISS THIS THREAD?

I honestly hope you're right...I want to see 'Melo shake off these haters. I like Lin, JR, Chandler, etc.

But it still remains to be seen...let them get over .500 first.

The OP forgot our defensive stoppers: Shumpert and Jeffries.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I get where the OP is coming from, but it's only been three games.

3rd or 4th best team in the conference with the potential to be even better. if the Knicks escape the 7th and 8th seeds they will make a deep postseason run and present Miami more of a challenge than Chicago can.