Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

E. Hayes, he may have been a bad teamate at times but you just have to look at the numbers to see he was a great player for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    Am I the only one who thinks Kidd should be in here? Took a Godawful team to the finals twice, was a great defender at the PG position, smart as hell and an excellent rebounder. I know, I know, his scoring may have sucked, but his longevity, defense, smarts and just about everything else made up for it and even more
    No you aren't. I voted for him last time, and my vote AGAIN is Jason Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Bill Walton is too high on the list. Guy didn't do it for long enough. If that is the case than people should vote in Dwight Howard now.
    If Dwight had a title, finals MVP and a ring, he would have been voted by now. There is a HUGE difference between what Walton did and what Howard has done.

Has anyone mentioned Dominique Wilkins yet?? Can you say underrated on ISH?

When people start mentioning Jason Kidd, and there no mention of Dominique yet, it's just completely ridiculous.
    Dominique Wilkins smokes Jason Kidd as a player.
    11 seasons in a row of basically 26 a game and over. Avgd. 30 and 8 peak. Great steal and good block numbers. MUCH better shooting percentage than Kidd.
    Yes, players like Mike and Kobe are on a different level, but Dominique's career numbers stack up to Kobe's pretty much equal.
    He'd go in a score 40 battling with Jordan and Bird, etc. on equal footing;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfLjD5ft6o4

Jason Kidd ain't doing that.
    SO underrated on here.

If you didn't see him play, like most on here, you really can't comment.
    Mostly his dunk, but
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJhMNPuiwyI

Listen to Zeke at 1:08 and on and he'll explain why guys like Dominique and Jordan are the true greats...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMu5JM50hE

To put Jason Kidd over a legend like Dominique Wilkins is just way, way off.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    If Dwight had a title, finals MVP and a ring, he would have been voted by now. There is a HUGE difference between what Walton did and what Howard has done.
    I wasn't aware you could have a title and no ring. Tyft.

By the logic used to put Walton this high than Dwight should be next. Several first team all NBA teams, # straight DPOY, lead a weak Magic team to the finals.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 09-21-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    McHale
    Yes, Kevin McHale.

I can't believe we have Iverson ahead of him

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    Has anyone mentioned Dominique Wilkins yet?? Can you say underrated on ISH?

When people start mentioning Jason Kidd, and there no mention of Dominique yet, it's just completely ridiculous.
    Dominique Wilkins smokes Jason Kidd as a player.
    11 seasons in a row of basically 26 a game and over. Avgd. 30 and 8 peak. Great steal and good block numbers. MUCH better shooting percentage than Kidd.
    Yes, players like Mike and Kobe are on a different level, but Dominique's career numbers stack up to Kobe's pretty much equal.
    He'd go in a score 40 battling with Jordan and Bird, etc. on equal footing;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfLjD5ft6o4

Jason Kidd ain't doing that.
    SO underrated on here.

If you didn't see him play, like most on here, you really can't comment.
    Mostly his dunk, but
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJhMNPuiwyI

Listen to Zeke at 1:08 and on and he'll explain why guys like Dominique and Jordan are the true greats...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMu5JM50hE

To put Jason Kidd over a legend like Dominique Wilkins is just way, way off.
    What is the point of comparing Dominique's scoring with Kidd's? That's the crust of your argument? Kidd's impact on the game went beyond stats, although he was more than capable of putting them up. He was a triple double machine at 6"4, had multiple seasons 7-8 rebounds a game, 2nd in assists ALL-TIME, 3rd in steals ALL-TIME, and took a mediocre Nets team to back to back finals, yet you feel the notion that he be ranked this high is crazy?

I have both Dominique and Kidd in my top 50, but for my money Kidd had the better career and his impact on a game went beyond posting large scoring numbers.

An Icon Forever

Kevin McHale

George Gervin.

It's difficult deciding between Kevin McHale and George Gervin.

McHale has the slight edge though; he's arguably the finest post scorer in NBA history and was one hell of a defender too. On a different team he'd have put up 25/10 year-after-year.

Instead, he just quietly helped the Celtics become one of the best teams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    What is the point of comparing Dominique's scoring with Kidd's? That's the crust of your argument? Kidd's impact on the game went beyond stats, although he was more than capable of putting them up. He was a triple double machine at 6"4, had multiple seasons 7-8 rebounds a game, 2nd in assists ALL-TIME, 3rd in steals ALL-TIME, and took a mediocre Nets team to back to back finals, yet you feel the notion that he be ranked this high is crazy?

I have both Dominique and Kidd in my top 50, but for my money Kidd had the better career and his impact on a game went beyond posting large scoring numbers.
    You can take longevity and slice it any way you want, but there is NO WAY Jason Kidd was better than Dominique Wilkins.

Dominique Wilkins went head to head often on equal footing with Jordan and Bird in their primes. Legend. Flat out.

I saw both of them play from start to finish. It's just a much different league of basketball player.

It's fine with me that Dominique is forgotten and criminally underrated on ISH, very few saw him play. But I still feel like at least somebody needs to bring things back to perspective when talking about forgotten legends like Dominique, Bernard King, and James Worthy. Guys like this at their best were in a different league than a Jason Kidd, who all these new fanboys love because he did fancy passes and hung around long enough to acquire more fanboys.

Dominique was a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    You can take longevity and slice it any way you want, but there is NO WAY Jason Kidd was better than Dominique Wilkins.
    'Better' is subjective; they're two different players, different roles. Dominique scored at a high level, Jason Kidd facilitated, passed and played defense at a high level.The question is which player do you think had a greater impact on the game overall? I rank Kidd higher because I feel he's had the better overall career, and impacted the game in more ways than Dominique did. Your entire argument is centered on his scoring and 'hanging with Jordan and Bird' in the day. You don't measure Jason Kidd's value on his statlines; he was one of those rare players who could score 5 points and still profoundly impact the game.

Ranking these players is totally subjective and everyone has different criteria. Hell, I can run through this list and pick out several players who I feel are 'better players' than people ranked over them. If you're that upset that Jason Kidd's name has been mentioned over Nique, then you should be equally pissed off that Steve Nash sits firmly at #35 in our rankings. Was Clyde Drexler better than Nique? Iverson?....Jason Kidd's name being thrown around in this thread should be the least of your concerns.

For the record, I saw several Nique/Jordan encounters and I'm not oblivious to the kind of player he was in his day.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 09-21-2012 at 03:50 PM.

I usually hit open layups USABall's Avatar

Nash over Kidd? Seems silly to me. Debatable to most.

Nash this many places above Kidd?

It's between Kidd and Wilkins for me. I think 1st options need to go over 2nd options so that's why I'm not voting for McHale. But what happen to all the Gary Payton votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    It's between Kidd and Wilkins for me. I think 1st options need to go over 2nd options so that's why I'm not voting for McHale. But what happen to all the Gary Payton votes?
    GP 20 isn't online