Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

If Manti is just really stupid, and did fall victim to a crazy 3 year hoax, then who was he talking to on the phone every night?

it would make sense if it was actually a secret gay lover...

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Who says he didn't have a roman style orgy after home games? I think he purely did this for publicity to get elevated into Tebow like status.. he just didn't think it through
    also, you realize that to Notre Dame he had God like status because of this heart felt story that the entire school bought into?...look at the ND forums, they are shocked. It is extremely unlikely that he could have another relationship there due to this story...and even more unlikely no one at the school noticed.

If he did in fact do this for publicity to get "Tebow-like status" then it would have to be a 3 year plan where he has no real girlfriend during that time. Does that sound likely to you? That 3 years ago he knew he would have Heisman status and ND would be in the Championship game so he needs to create this false GF to build his publicity?....NO THAT IS RIDICULOUS

It makes much more sense that it was a cover up for a gay lover...all the puzzle pieces fit into place when you take the "gay" angle...that is who he was talking to on the phone, that is who ran the Lenney Twitter account, that is why he had no issues not dating on campus, etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
    NFL player marketing agent: Te'o will lose $350K to $500K in pre-draft marketing deals. "His brand just took a dive."
    he'll sign a deal with e-harmony or something.

tweets from CBS Sports

While we are at it, I think Tim Tebow is gay as well. Hearing him talk, he kind of has that "gay accent".

If Manti is just really stupid, and did fall victim to a crazy 3 year hoax, then who was he talking to on the phone every night?

it would make sense if it was actually a secret gay lover...
    He was talking to nobody. What makes you think that really happened? That was probably part of the hoax. I think it's either a gay coverup or he planned this whole thing from day one.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

[QUOTE=-p.tiddy-]tweets from CBS Sports

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Teo's a hardcore Mormon. I don't know if any of you know any strict Mormons but this makes him being played more likely. I don't mean to call Mormons dumb or anything like that, but they are generally naive and at his age very inexperienced with women and especially dating.

I think it started as him getting played, them somewhere along the line he found out and was too embarrassed to admit it and one little white lie beget another one, and another. Then the media was all over it and it just snowballed and he had no idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    He was talking to nobody. What makes you think that really happened? That was probably part of the hoax. I think it's either a gay coverup or he planned this whole thing from day one.
    If he planned this out 3 years ago he would have to have known he was going to get attention on this level, and he would have had to be willing to give up dating any other girl from Notre Dame.

IMO a gay coverup is by far the most logical explanation here...perhaps his father knew he was gay which is why he stated that the two met several times in Hawaii. His dad knowing that if he came out he would have no chance at playing football in college or the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I despise conspiracy theorists and I obviously have no evidence to support such claims, but my initial reaction upon hearing this whole sordid tale was that he may be gay. While this may seem like a reach, when you take a look at the other potential possibilities, is it really?

I think it actually makes a lot of sense.
    it makes more sense than the other theories...

A. he is THAT dumb (he is a straight-A student at ND)
    B. this was a 3 year plan by him to get more publicity in the future
    C. he is covering up a gay relationship with a fictional female sohe can play football (makes complete sense)

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

An online beard defeats the whole purpose of having a beard. If he were gay and wanted a beard he could easily find one at ND, plenty have and plenty will.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    An online beard defeats the whole purpose of having a beard. If he were gay and wanted a beard he could easily find one at ND, plenty have and plenty will.
    You are discounting the possibility, though, that he is in love with a guy some distance away and telephone/Internet are their only form of communication for long periods of time.

IF this were to come out to be a gay issue, it would go from being shocking to bizarre to shameful to downright sad.

EDIT: I get what you're saying... But maybe he just isn't at all comfortable acting romantically involved with women in that kind of social setting (re: real life).
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.

If he planned this out 3 years ago he would have to have known he was going to get attention on this level, and he would have had to be willing to give up dating any other girl from Notre Dame.

IMO a gay coverup is by far the most logical explanation here...perhaps his father knew he was gay which is why he stated that the two met several times in Hawaii. His dad knowing that if he came out he would have no chance at playing football in college or the NFL.
    I don't think he thought it would get attention at this level. I guessing he felt it could make him a school legend and possible regional press. But not national attention. Even if it never got this much attention, that story would look good on his r
    Last edited by SCREWstonRockets; 01-17-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    you mean someone he has to actually talk to and interact with and have straight sex with?...and then not be able to talk on the phone every night with his gay lover?

If he and this Tuiasosopo had a gay relationship going, I am thinking that they would have rather created a fictional female to hide their relationship rather than find a real girl.