Default Batman: Arkham Origins

It was released on 10/25. I had no clue! Has anyone here bought it yet?

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Origins

I have it, a few hours in. There is a boss fight early on that is harder than any boss fight in the last game. My thoughts...

1) If you absolutely loved the last game, you'll like this. It's basically a continuation in terms of gameplay and style.
    2) The city is too empty. They need to put some more civilians in to save, etc. It's like Escape from NY.
    3) It's less polished than the last game IMO. The boss fight spike in difficulty, locations being so freaking far away from each other in a mission, etc.

To me if you absolutely loved the last game (Me) it's a great purchase if not I'd wait till it's cheaper. I haven't played multiplayer nor do i plan too. I got in on PS3. Some people are complaining about framerate, etc. but it hasn't bothered me at all.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

My intentions are to finish GTA, then this and Assassin's Creed on PS4. Although both have gotten very good but not great reviews.

I'm just finishing up Splinter Cell and was gonna go get this next. I've loved the first two games in the trilogy, but I'm iffy about this one due to it being a different developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    My intentions are to finish GTA, then this and Assassin's Creed on PS4. Although both have gotten very good but not great reviews.
    Assassin's Creed so far (i'm 2 hours in, on WiiU) is a huge upgrade from last year. The graphics are better, it's much more fluid to control, and it's not one long huge tutorial at the beginning to bore the crap out of us. 3 i just wound up stopping, i can see playing through this one much more.

i loved this series of games after playing the first one, I will probably wait for the GOTY edition like I did with the 2nd second game.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I bought this for PC. Asylum and City are both among my favourite games of all time.

- It's basically the same game as Arkham City, just expanded. So while I'd like to see some innovation (there is none), it's still a great game overall. If this was the first game in the series, it would have been hailed as a masterpiece. It's more of the same, which for me, is still a good thing.

- I don't know about the console versions but there are some nasty bugs right now. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to leave a building after beating the boss only to realize that the exit was glitched so I had to restart. Part of the Riddler's sidequest is completely broken right now. You can't deactivate one of his towers.

- The combat is refined. I'm playing it on hard so you don't really get any prompts for counters but the animations are good enough where you always have a fair chance to see it coming. The Arkham games have maybe the best combat of any modern game, IMO.

- I feel like doing a full Gotham City would work better if they waited for the next gen. Like Niko said, the city feels empty. It can also be tedious to get around unless you're using the Batwing for quick-travel. There don't seem to be as many grapple points and sometimes I'm stuck running on the ground trying to get around a building. That's not fun.

- Just like City, it has a TON of fun sidequests and collectibles that don't feel shoehorned in. It mostly makes sense with what's going on in the story.

Despite the flaws, Origins has actually taken my attention away from GTA 5 for now. These games are near-perfect action games.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 10-30-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    If this was the first game in the series, it would have been hailed as a masterpiece.

great point. it has 6 at gamespot which is just embarassing for those guys that run that site. maybe in 4-5 years if they make gotham city it would be a fantastic game.

Banned

I got the game last night That fight with Deathstroke was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    great point. it has 6 at gamespot which is just embarassing for those guys that run that site. maybe in 4-5 years if they make gotham city it would be a fantastic game.
    I never get half those game sites. They'll give BAO a 6 saying it's repetitive, but give a 10 to Call of Duty every year that comes out.