Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: KU will choke again early in March Madness this year...

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Kiddslovesnets, how about you look at the 2011-2012 season as what many thought it was going to be for Kansas. They lost four starters from last year's team, including two All-Big 12/All-American caliber players in the Morris twins. On top of that three of their 2011 recruits were ruled ineligible for the season. Basically all they had was a bunch of unknowns heading into the year. Sure, Thomas Robinson was being selected for preseason All-American teams but he was still unproven. Withey was still raw and and unknown, and Tyshawn Taylor was a turnover machine early in the season. I remember watching them against Duke in Maui and thinking this team will be lucky to win 20 games and finish higher than 4th or 5th in the Big 12.

Yet, here we are five months later, and Kansas is playing Kentucky for a national championship. There's no help for you if you can't see that what Self has done with this Kansas team truly is remarkable.
    And wasn't Robinson's emergence last season and this season at least partially attributed to his relationship with Self.

Don't bother with Kiddlovesnets tho. He doesn't pay attention until the tournament and all the information he has to go on is the team seedings. He doesn't understand basketball and isn't capable of analysing teams beyond a thin surface.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Dude called Self and Matta average coaches. As an Illini fan I'm supposed to dislike them both on a certain level, but give credit where credit's due. They're fantastic coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Dude called Self and Matta average coaches. As an Illini fan I'm supposed to dislike them both on a certain level, but give credit where credit's due. They're fantastic coaches.
    He only judgees based on seeding. He ignores conference champs, recruiting, and actual skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Maybe those mid majors just got lucky against KU...moron.
    Oh such logic, so interesting. If all these four upsets in last 8 years can be categorized as luck, cant we just apply the same logic to KU as well? I mean, werent they lucky enough to face a UNC team that lost its engine Kendal Marshall, and an OSU team led by an even more mediocre coach called Thad Matta?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Oh such logic, so interesting. If all these four upsets in last 8 years can be categorized as luck, cant we just apply the same logic to KU as well? I mean, werent they lucky enough to face a UNC team that lost its engine Kendal Marshall, and an OSU team led by an even more mediocre coach called Thad Matta?
    Id love to see anthing close to an objective value of caoching skill other than judments you have already made.

Kiddslovesnets, how about you look at the 2011-2012 season as what many thought it was going to be for Kansas. They lost four starters from last year's team, including two All-Big 12/All-American caliber players in the Morris twins. On top of that three of their 2011 recruits were ruled ineligible for the season. Basically all they had was a bunch of unknowns heading into the year. Sure, Thomas Robinson was being selected for preseason All-American teams but he was still unproven. Withey was still raw and and unknown, and Tyshawn Taylor was a turnover machine early in the season. I remember watching them against Duke in Maui and thinking this team will be lucky to win 20 games and finish higher than 4th or 5th in the Big 12.

Yet, here we are five months later, and Kansas is playing Kentucky for a national championship. There's no help for you if you can't see that what Self has done with this Kansas team truly is remarkable.
    and don't forget the year before that, when we lost Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich, and Xavier Henry... two lotto picks and a top 3 CBB player, and we still won the Big 12 and got to the Elite 8.

3 upsets, and one of those was in the Elite 8. Duke has been upset 6 of the past 7 years, all before the Elite 8... is Coach K average? UNC didn't even make the tourney a few years back, Roy's average?

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    3 upsets, and one of those was in the Elite 8. Duke has been upset 6 of the past 7 years, all before the Elite 8... is Coach K average? UNC didn't even make the tourney a few years back, Roy's average?
    Well you cannot just look at the number of upsets here, since technically a No.1 seed losing to a No.2 seed is an upset. It is the magnitude of upset that matters, No.1 seed dropping against No.4/5 seed is nothing comparable to No.1 seed stunned by No.8/9 seed, or No.3 seed getting crushed by a No.14 seed. KU has 4 major upsets losing to teams seeded at least 8 positions lower(14-3 = 11, 13-4 = 9, 9-1 = 8, 11-1 = 10), Duke has like only one(though a big one I say, 15-2 = 13 lol).
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 04-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Well you cannot just look at the number of upsets here, since technically a No.1 seed losing to a No.2 seed is an upset. It is the magnitude of upset that matters, No.1 seed dropping against No.4/5 seed is nothing comparable to No.1 seed stunned by No.8/9 seed, or No.3 seed getting crushed by a No.14 seed. KU has 4 major upsets losing to teams seeded at least 8 positions lower(14-3 = 11, 13-4 = 9, 9-1 = 8, 11-1 = 10), Duke has like only one(though a big one I say, 15-2 = 13 lol).
    You completely lost what little credibility you had at early on in this thread.

Self, the "average" coach, got to the title game with a team that was projected to finish third in it's conference. He had one player who would have started on Kentucky and made a really good run at them.

Just quit and come back next year with more ridiculous nonsense about seeding meaning something. Or better yet, don't come back. You have nothing to offer.

Final Coaches Polls of the Last 5 years.

KU: #2, #4, #6, #10, #1

DUKE: #14, #7, #1, #11, #16

UNC: #6, #8, NR, #1, #3

UK: #1, #3, #5, NR, NR

UCONN: NR, #1, NR, #3, NR

UCLA: NR, NR, NR, #18, #4

MSU: #7, NR, #4, #2, #13

Louisville: #4, #22, NR, #5, #6

tOSU: #3, #5, #11, NR, NR

Cuse: #5, #18, #8, #12, NR

KSU: NR, #24, #7, NR, NR

MU: #11, NR, NR, #8, NR

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    Final Coaches Polls of the Last 5 years.

KU: #2, #4, #6, #10, #1

DUKE: #14, #7, #1, #11, #16

UNC: #6, #8, NR, #1, #3

UK: #1, #3, #5, NR, NR

UCONN: NR, #1, NR, #3, NR

UCLA: NR, NR, NR, #18, #4

MSU: #7, NR, #4, #2, #13

Louisville: #4, #22, NR, #5, #6

tOSU: #3, #5, #11, NR, NR

Cuse: #5, #18, #8, #12, NR

KSU: NR, #24, #7, NR, NR

MU: #11, NR, NR, #8, NR
    So what? It is still mostly based on Regular seasons, which I do not even care much about if the team loses early in Tournament. Look at Missouri, Haith actually got coach of the year and his team choked against a team that any top 25 teams should beat by 20-30.

So what? It is still mostly based on Regular seasons, which I do not even care much about if the team loses early in Tournament. Look at Missouri, Haith actually got coach of the year and his team choked against a team that any top 25 teams should beat by 20-30.
    I think it's pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

LOL, if Norfolk State shot like they did against Missouri against any other top 10 team (including Kentucky) they wouldn't lose by more than 10, and that doesn't count the ones they win.

LOL, if Norfolk State shot like they did against Missouri against any other top 10 team (including Kentucky) they wouldn't lose by more than 10, and that doesn't count the ones they win.
    Oh yeah, then explain why they couldnt shot that high percentage against any top 25 teams whose names were NOT Missouri Tigers?

Oh yeah, then explain why they couldnt shot that high percentage against any top 25 teams whose names were NOT Missouri Tigers?
    Because anything can happen in a one game scenario. I mean, really?? Do you read what you're posting as you type it?

Because anything can happen in a one game scenario. I mean, really?? Do you read what you're posting as you type it?
    Oh one and done game scenario, what an excuse. I am sure everyone notices that certain teams have higher chances to drop against Mid-major league teams, and sometimes its even a guaranteed upset pick in mock brackets. Coincidence? I dont think so, you can blame bad luck and teams shooting poorly if it happens once. This I do agree, but there's gotta be a reason behind repeated choking. I mean, something that happens repeatedly.