Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: If Lebron Wins the Championship in 2013, Where does he Rank All-Time?

No way of knowing. Raw ring count doesn't mean all that much, so it really depends on what kind of run he has, as well as how much help he receives.

I doubt Wade/Bosh will be as hurt as they were this season, so this ring won't be as meaningful as LeBron's first unless he puts up monster numbers (i.e. 09 playoffs).

Default Re: If Lebron Wins the Championship in 2013, Where does he Rank All-Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    That's a retarded logic Mr. European. Kobe is now playing with Nash, Gasol, Howard. He played with the best Center in the 2000's.

Who mentioned Kobe??????

I didn't even post anythingthat would make you need to use the word "logic".....

Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceLeeBowen
    Back to back? Beating Howard, Kobe, Nash lakers/OKC?
    Easily 10 kicking Hakeem to 11.
    Nah

This makes more sense

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    LMFAO what a tard you are, it's an opinion and nothing more deal with it...and I FORGOT to mention Hakeem...Replace moses with hakeem..And if you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed I said I DON'T RATE PEOPLE UNTIL THEY ARE RETIRED..IT WAS A LIST OF RETIRED PLAYERS which I said... Is Duncan retired Mr omnipresent ISH poster? Now your opinion is invalid because you obviously can't read

And yes, the BIG O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ee2Ag5GeMQ

(I'm just messing with you I don't take this shit serious, just giving you what you gave to me)

and lol I know man, this forum shit is never to be taken that seriously.

But yeah, fundamental disagreement between us in our ranking of top 10, while I like your criteria involving a persons retirement, I don't deem it completely neccessary in ranking. You can pretty much get a general feel for a person's ranking usually toward the twilight of their careers (ala Duncan, Kobe).

And the Big O was incredible, can't argue but the lack of hardware makes it difficult for me to put him in that top 10, can't argue with top 12-15 though.

And say whatever you want about him, but by the time he retires (in accordance with your conditions), you can't leave out this man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyKgaeAoa-g

I don't know 'bout you guys, but Kobe gets the kick outta my top 10 not Hakeem

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    I don't know 'bout you guys, but Kobe gets the kick outta my top 10 not Hakeem
    So Kobe's bigger number of rings means nothing to you? It is amazing how compared to other greats Kobe accomplishments get devalued.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
    So Kobe's bigger number of rings means nothing to you? It is amazing how compared to other greats Kobe accomplishments get devalued.
    I don't count Kobe's first three to be honest. He was the Pippen to Shaq. That, and Hakeem's back-to-backs>>>Kobe's back-to-back.

I rule the local playground

depends again on wut else he wins....

fans of him will rate him too high
    fans of kobe will rate him too low....
    I'm usually not one to generalize but these boards have proven it....

to me as of right now kobe and him are interchangeable....take away the hype of both including the fans and just look at skills and games alone, it's easy to see they both have incredible games and skills yet have had major letdowns as well.....
    Last edited by alleykat; 08-19-2012 at 10:40 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

10-12 as he is 12-15 now.

If he beats L.A to win another ring many will have him in the top 10 I have no doubt about that.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

It doesn't matter about the ring. If he plays amazing, he will be ranked high to me. If he doesn't, he won't.

The better question is...WHAT IF HE NEVER WINS AGAIN????

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    No way of knowing. Raw ring count doesn't mean all that much

It sort of does though.

Your point is well taken it's not just about the rings, however...

The typical top ten seems to be:

Bird, Duncan, Hakeem, Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Russell, Shaq, Wilt

Those are the ten guys who would have at least two titles as the best player and at least two finals MVPs (had they always been given out) in the post shot clock era.

So getting that second ring as the best clear best player and finals MVP does mean something.

In my opinion, with the aforementioned season no worse than 12. I'd probably have him between 7 and 9 ahead of Hakeem, Mikan and Kobe for sure and depending on if he won another regular season MVP probably closer to #7 right on Bird's tail.
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 08-20-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Not at all a Lebron hater, but top 10 players are players that change the game. Lebron has been a great player but he hasnt revolutionized anything, he's just good at everything. For example, I have Iverson in the top 10 because he really left a mark on the game and his influence is seen in every NBA game you watch. With Lebron, He's just a big ass dude that can keep up with anyone, and roids are a possibility, dude could probably scrape a gorilla. Idk. And the Miami shit isn't even that serious. If cleveland signed Wade/Bosh and payed luxury nobody would have said anything like with the 08 celtics......hating on Lebron is stupid but so is putting him in the top 10 of all time