Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Any new talent on this team with potential is welcome in my book
    No I meant which other team's 1st rounder do we have in the draft. Someone said we had two 1st rounders this year.

Maybe we can use that other pick for Psycho T?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    No I meant which other team's 1st rounder do we have in the draft. Someone said we had two 1st rounders this year.

Maybe we can use that other pick for Psycho T?
    We've got Orlando's first rounder. Depending on how far Hansbrough falls and how high that Orlando pick is, we might be able to get him, but I don't see Hansbrough going past 25.

Well Tyler's stock would only go up because of the final four. Damn, and people were saying that he was only worth a late 1st rounder last year.

We need someone to mix it up inside and hustle. Warrick is just too thin and inconsistent to be a full time starter

Banned

Well Tyler's stock would only go up because of the final four. Damn, and people were saying that he was only worth a late 1st rounder last year.

We need someone to mix it up inside and hustle. Warrick is just too thin and inconsistent to be a full time starter
    I don't think a guy like Dejuan Blair would fall that far though.

Leo Lyons?

Too high?

What about pendergraph? He is the power forward for arizona state. He is talented.

I am Chris Wilcox

What about pendergraph? He is the power forward for arizona state. He is talented.
    Where would he fall? Could we pick him up with our second round pick? I haven't seen much of him, I did see him against Syracuse in the NCAA tourney and he showed a few nice moves.

He doesn't look to be too great athletically. If we can't get a nice PF early in the draft, he might be a nice consolation prize.

I know the consensus around here is to get a good PF out of the draft. Unless a miracle happens and we get Griffin or Hill or Monroe then we're stuck with middle of the road PFs worthy of middle of the road picks.

What's your take on drafting a big wingman, and making Gay play PF. He has shown that he could board these past few games. Also, that might light a fire in him to take it to the hole more because of the speed mismatch.

(snickers at the thought of having a gay power forward)

Someone like Keith Bogans would do wonders on this team as a 6th man. Brings perimeter D which is somewhat nonexistent now.

Banned

I know the consensus around here is to get a good PF out of the draft. Unless a miracle happens and we get Griffin or Hill or Monroe then we're stuck with middle of the road PFs worthy of middle of the road picks.

What's your take on drafting a big wingman, and making Gay play PF. He has shown that he could board these past few games. Also, that might light a fire in him to take it to the hole more because of the speed mismatch.

Someone like Keith Bogans would do wonders on this team as a 6th man. Brings perimeter D which is somewhat nonexistent now.
    Rudy Gay should not & would not be a PF on any team.

I've said this before that we should look into moving Rudy Gay if we end up in the range to draft Blake Griffin.

I am Chris Wilcox

If that's what you're looking to do, draft Earl Clark. He's a big swingman, he'll look more average in the NBA, but at the collegiate level, he towers over most SF's. He's 6'9, he's got incredible length, he's a solid scorer and a strong rebounder. Could do with a bit more weight on him. And I'm a bit concerned with his attitude, as he doesn't have that 'killer instinct', as they say. He looks like he half arses most of the time and doesn't really put much effort in, yet he still looks great.

Though, I am a little bit biased towards this guy.
    Last edited by Kebab Stall; 04-02-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

He is Tyson Chandler 2 imo.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

I'm still hoping we snag T Will with our second 1st rd pick. He'd be good to have off of our bench.

I would still try and trade millic or something else for the thunders number 16 pick. I would sign milsap and not worry about griffin. And draft thabeet or jordan hill.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

If we signed Millsap then why would we need Thabeet when we already have Gasol at center. I can see us drafting him and trading him for a more established player.

Saw a basketball once

I want Greg Monroe because he's the total package. The kid can do it all plus Mayo, Rudy, Conley, and Gasol numbers will go up. I want Monroe, Sam Young, and Dionte Christmas. By adding them to have two soild bench guys. Young bring added scoring and defense. Dionte hit the clutch threes we need. Resign Hak then sign Sessions, and Anderson Varjareo.

You cant sign sessions. He will want to start. You have conley for that now that he has proven that he is capable of playing at a high level.

I done see why thabeet and gasol couldnt play together at our center spots. Gasol is a great backup at best. He is nice to start now but we need a center with mor versatility and potential. I agree that marc has been some nice games together as of late but I dont know how much better he can get.