Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Dwight Howard Exposed? 1-6 FG!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    true that!
    Ben Wallace played a great defensive series. He didnt STOP Shaq, but he made it very very tough for Shaq and therefore the entire Laker offense since the offense went through Shaq every time.
    LMAO! The hell he did, the problem was the offense did not go through Shaq... Every time? My ass. Kobe chucked that series away, Shaq shot his usual high percentage but he wasn't getting the ball. Revisionist history at its finest.

NBA sixth man of the year

dwight is garbage. ive been saying it all ****ing year. eventually though, he got exposed for every stat whore and athletic lover to see.

what are his moves again? oh yea... let me list some.

facing the basket with his left arm facing out of bounds and faking towards the baseline but instead going to the middle of the key for a little right jumphook that is really bad... hit and miss basically. perkins exposed dwight already on this one.

same as above, but instead spin and lay it with left or dunk if open. again... perkins exposed him bad on this.

from opposite side, jump hook around the middle with left hand. this is a worse move than the right hook as its even less precise.

the little wing move that sometimes gets called a foul and then dunk or layin... boring.

have i basically hit the spot? any player whose post moves can be counted with one hand basically has NO post game. garbage.

he can jump high though.. and get some stupid blocks just because of his wing span and athletic ability... and erm... grab some rebounds away from rafer alston... hes better than yao youre all right.... (/sarcasm)

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    dwight is garbage. ive been saying it all ****ing year. eventually though, he got exposed for every stat whore and athletic lover to see.

what are his moves again? oh yea... let me list some.

facing the basket with his left arm facing out of bounds and faking towards the baseline but instead going to the middle of the key for a little right jumphook that is really bad... hit and miss basically. perkins exposed dwight already on this one.

same as above, but instead spin and lay it with left or dunk if open. again... perkins exposed him bad on this.

from opposite side, jump hook around the middle with left hand. this is a worse move than the right hook as its even less precise.

the little wing move that sometimes gets called a foul and then dunk or layin... boring.

have i basically hit the spot? any player whose post moves can be counted with one hand basically has NO post game. garbage.

he can jump high though.. and get some stupid blocks just because of his wing span and athletic ability... and erm... grab some rebounds away from rafer alston... hes better than yao youre all right.... (/sarcasm)
    Basically Andrew Bynum said something similar before Game 1. Dwight has very little skill, instead relying on his athleticism. He doesn't even have a jumpshot. Bynum said that all he had to do "was prevent Dwight from getting within 5 feet from the basket, and his FG% drops down DRAMATICALLY past that 5 feet." It worked.

Offensively, Dwight is quite stoppable for the Lakers. He will still defend the paint well and be the best rebounder in the game, however. No question that he is the most important player on the Magic. But offensive threat, he is not.
    Last edited by cotdt; 06-05-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
    Dwight is still not better than rookie Shaq was. Shaq is one of those once in a lifetime players. Dwight is just a very good player.

Dwight is the best center in the league now though but the center position is really kind of pathetic right now.
    Yao Ming when healthy is the best center in the NBA, better than Dwight easily.

Living Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    Yao Ming when healthy is the best center in the NBA, better than Dwight easily.
    WRONG!

I love ISH and how everyone JUMPS on the Dwight sucks bandwagon then he'll get a 20-20 then it's Dwight is a beast. Stick to one thing.

ill stick to and i have stuck to dwight is a second tier center equivalent to kevin willis with more athleticism and less post moves. thats it.

There's no question Delight How had an off night. Perhaps a first Finals appearance jitters or maybe even he didn't take this game very seriously; thinking he's only 24 years old and will have several Finals appearances. There's a time to enjoy the game and have fun and there's a time when to play the game like it's your one and only shot to win a title. Nothing is promised in the NBA unless your name is LeBron James.

Yes, the guy didn't play well (I think that goes without saying), but I will say he did attack the basket and he should keep doing that IMO. He needs to stay out of foul trouble very early in games so that doesn't throw him off his axis mentally. Getting an offensive foul early in the game that sits your ass down isn't a great motivational tool.

The time is now or never for Orlando, and I think SVG is fully aware of this. If Kobe has another supreme performance while Howard is living the good life in the Finals and the LakeShow pick up a Game 2 win you can pretty much kiss this thing goodbye. If the Lakers are up 2-0 going into Orlando, I can see LA winning one of those games with their eyes closed, and then winning one of two back in LA with Kobe having one hand tied behind his back.

The time is now Orlando... wake up or go home.

Very good NBA starter

People told me I was crazy, and i know its early, but Dwight was slightly exposed in the celtics series.

We had length we just didnt have athletiscm from our back up Bigs.

The lakers have Long wingspan 6'9 and up players with very good athletiscm.

Jeff Van Gundy made the perfect observation when he said The lakers are a very lengthy team collectively. Gasol,Bynum,Odom,Ariza,Brown, etc have length to disrupt the magic

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    lmao this cracked me up because it broke character.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    LMAO! The hell he did, the problem was the offense did not go through Shaq... Every time? My ass. Kobe chucked that series away, Shaq shot his usual high percentage but he wasn't getting the ball. Revisionist history at its finest.
    Shaq shot high percentage off of dunks. Otherwise, he was a turn over machine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Yes. This is why I laugh, at people, who say Dwight > Shaq. Shaq was a beast, who could actually plow his way, at will, to the basket. The only way to stop Shaq was to Hack a Shaq.

Let me repeat this.. Prime Shaq would never go 1 for 6, from the field, in the NBA Finals.

So, to everyone saying Dwight > Shaq or Dwight will be better than Shaq, etc. It's not happening and never will happen.

This is to everyone who says Dwight > Shaq or Dwight will be better than Shaq. I like Dwight, but he isn't better than Shaq.

and he's not better than Yao Ming. Period.

A healthy Yao Ming >> Dwight. Not even worth arguing.
    We're talking about Shaquille O'Neal right? Who in their right mind thinks that Dwight is as good as Shaq? He couldn't even handle this year's version of Shaq, prime Diesel would castrate D12 on the court. Rookie Shaq>Dwight by a large margin, Howard's just lucky he's playing in this weak era where the second best (arguably the best) center in the league is a guy whose bones are made of peanut brittle. Dwight in the 90s=Dale Davis.

Banned

Bynum has always played Howard well, before this season Bynum used to even outplay Bynum everytime they match up, can't blame howard though as he gives up 3 inches of height to bynum, but for a superstar he does tend to struggle against players of equal caliber to him

Kevin Willis was never the passer, overall defender, or shot blocker that Dwight Howard is, when doubled Dwight damn near always makes the appropriate pass. The only similarities that they really have is incredibly chiseled physiques. Even on an off-night he got to the line. Kevin was never really a threat to hang fouls on the opposition's frontline. Dwight was at the line 16 times last night. Dwight had Josh Powell in the game before the first half was over. Also if his teammates had made some of those open looks he got them, his assist numbers would have been impressive. This is another one of those knee-jerk threads that ISH is known for.

hardly, seeing as dwight has no offense. youre telling me that kevin willis being given the reigns of #1 option and franchise player would not have developed better than dwight coming out of hs? please. the guy had more post moves and his defense was also astonishingly better. their chiseled physiques are similar but thats the only thing.