Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 LastLast

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Orlando can thank the master of panic.
    Halfcourt game, isolation plays..
    He hasnt been able to do anything notable except being the master of panic himself.. The alley oop play; I've got a feeling Van Gundy just panicked and players came up with the play.

Lockdown defense aint never been Gasol's brand, Bynum has been a no-show most of the playoffs but Howard's struggle is definantely mostly due good defense, team defense. Give Gasol his credits, he's played well in the first two games, not just scoring but altering shots, boxing out, rebounding..
    Bynum got in foul trouble, his role this season has been in the defensive end, Pau filled the spot well.

Odom? 90% FG wont happen too often, hopefully he doesnt let Lewis take those open threes too many times in the upcoming games. The master of panic is all about making the team shoot threes, sometimes they go in, sometimes they dont..alter the damn shots atleast. Thats the area Lakers need to improve. Double teaming Howard may cost you, he'll kick it out to a wide open team mate. Transition D and staying focused might help.
    Orlando in game 2 was a different team, they showed up, Lakers all in all didnt play their best game and made some mistakes almost costing them the game. Kobe didnt play all the well, no defense and a stupid play at the end of regulation.
    With the next 3 games in Orlando, anything can happen if the game stays this unbalanced. 4-1 Lakers, 4-2 if Orlando's players ignore the master of panic.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Good post. Stan Van Gundy scares me, I think he is losing his mind and can go off any second. If the Lakers win Game 3, he might just start choking Courtney Lee.

I've got Orlando for Game 3 although LA has won their past 2 Game 3's.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Good post. Stan Van Gundy scares me, I think he is losing his mind and can go off any second. If the Lakers win Game 3, he might just start choking Courtney Lee.
    The two misses Lee made can haunt him for the rest of his career. If this went to game 7 with LA winning, a lot of people would pick him as the perfect scapegoat for Orlando's loss of the championship. He probably hopes Orlando gets 4-0ed now...

I am hoping we do not see the ANTI Lakers tonight.

It seems like the Lakers have always stepped up in game 3 lately but that's when their backs are against the wall. I hope the have that same attitude and fight tonight...killer instinct is a must. We can not afford to let a team like the Magic back into the series.
    Last edited by crisoner; 06-09-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Lamar is eating candy!!!

Magic Johnson

Will we see the aggressive Kobe tonight or will he be content letting his teammates get into the flow of the game?

Momentum, momentum, momentum... Eventually the Magic will make a run tonight. Hopefully, Phil Jackson won't try and teach the guys a lesson by not calling timeout.

I finally found ABC on this Hawaiian TV

This little girl is butchering the national anthem. I think she forgot some of the words too, she just made some up along the way.

If Magics utilze the ass job Lakers doing defending the kick-out to Three-Pt shots, they SHOULD win this.

Banned

One in a million game for the Magic. Magic better have different plans than relying on the 3 ball in the halfcourt sets.

Kobe needs to show up in the 2nd half more than the 1st half. Lakers need to work on rebounding for the next game.

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Tonight is going to be very interesting. I think it would be safe to say this is the most crucial and decisive game of this NBA Finals.

If you're the Orlando Magic, you win tonight and you're right back in this thing. Furthermore, homecourt advantage or not, depending on how the Magic win tonight it could actually swing things to be very much in favor for Orlando. The bottom-line for SVG and company, Game 4 is a must win.

If you're the Lakers, things are a little different but there's just as much at stake when it comes to winning tonight. It's simple for LA, win tonight and you lock the series away. Yep, easier said than done. When you consider just how well the Magic shot from the floor in Game 3, should have been a blown-out loss for the LakeShow. Tonight is Kobe's night to put this thing away. If not, this series could switch momentum in the ugliest of ways for the Lakers.

I predict another Magic win tonight. Nothing staggering, but I do foresee another high scorning battle probably going down to the wire but Orlando being just a little too much for the Lakers in the end with the home crowd behind them.

Lakers 98
    Magic 102

So there you have it folks. Yes, we baboons watch the NBA.

I've got the Lakers winning Game 4. They will make the necessary adjustments to win. They've done it all playoffs after a loss.

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    I've got the Lakers winning Game 4. They will make the necessary adjustments to win. They've done it all playoffs after a loss.
    Let us see if the one they call Black Mamba can convert his free-throws awarded oh so generously from the zebra squad.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    The Lakers beleive that the Magics have figured out the Lakers' defense and have started to pass the ball differently, so they will need to adjust their defense.