Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: #46 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Why McAdoo above Howard, I have the two in opposite order because of Howard's greater team success during their respective peaks.
    I gotta tell you idk what it is but i just feel really uncomfortable voting howard in this high...and I honestly think its because he has played in a ridiculously weak era for centers...personally if you put him in the 90's he probably wouldnt be a top 5 big man in the game and ppl like hakeem would shit on him constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    I gotta tell you idk what it is but i just feel really uncomfortable voting howard in this high...and I honestly think its because he has played in a ridiculously weak era for centers...personally if you put him in the 90's he probably wouldnt be a top 5 big man in the game and ppl like hakeem would shit on him constantly
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's fair to hold that against him. Regardless of position he's still a top five player in the league and has been for three or four years at least.

I can't say I think he'd be better than Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem or Shaq back in the day, but that doesn't matter because those guys are retired now. Maybe in the 1990's he'd be a power forward or maybe the increased competition would have forced him to improve his game in ways he hasn't yet in the current climate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    I think it's natural for people to feel uncomfortable voting for current players, especially a young player like Howard. People were probably outraged when Shaq was voted in the top 50 in 1996, but that turned out all right.

I have no problem with Dwight Howard in the top 50, multiple DPOY awards, 5x All-NBA First team selection, led his team to the Finals in '09, probably the best rebounder we have seen since Rodman.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's fair to hold that against him. Regardless of position he's still a top five player in the league and has been for three or four years at least.

I can't say I think he'd be better than Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem or Shaq back in the day, but that doesn't matter because those guys are retired now. Maybe in the 1990's he'd be a power forward or maybe the increased competition would have forced him to improve his game in ways he hasn't yet in the current climate.
    Very true about holding it against him...not his fault hes going against these centers...his resume is very impressive and does warrant a top 50 selection...you and 1987 lakers make valid points so I won't argue it...it just feels weird but the case when looking at achievements is definitely there for him

btw you think you could chime in on kenneth griffins thread and save us from that atrocity of a thread...could use some good knowledgable posters like you, shaq attack, 1987 lakers etc that could maybe just maybe get some sense through to him and kobe143

might be a lost cause as its not just kobe stans but also lebron and jordans legion can be impossible too but maybe a different voice can do something lol

Bob McAdoo

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Bob McAdoo...The Most Underrated Great of All Time.

McAdoo

An Icon Forever

Bob McAdoo

Gots to go with Bob McAdoo. That 3 year peak he had is pretty tough to top (with the remaining guys left of course.)

Saw a basketball once

This list is absolute bullsh it. I swear, for an nba site, most of you morons know little to nothing about basketball. First of all, kobe bryant is NOT a top ten player of all time. Jesus christ, the guy is the luckiest player in history. Half of his titles had him as not even the best guy on the team. Then he was incredibly inefficient as a scorer and did pretty much nothing else above average. And yes i know he had all those defensive awards, but i've watched him for years and have never seen him play great defense. He is overrated in the extreme. I would have him in top 15 but definitely not top ten.

Next, John Stockton is a guy who leads the nba in two major statistical categories and was one of the most efficient players ever. Everyone on here raves about steve nash while stockton was better than him in every way. Look at nash's mvp years and then realize that stockton posted better numbers while not even being considered for that award. LOL, i swear you people are morons. You put some scrub like mikan up there when he played against players that might as well have been retarded, but Stockton is overrated? Yeah right.

LMFAO at you tards. A guy who averaged a triple double is worse as a player than some chucker who stole michael jordan's game and made it look worse.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraThunderMan
    This list is absolute bullsh it. I swear, for an nba site, most of you morons know little to nothing about basketball. First of all, kobe bryant is NOT a top ten player of all time. Jesus christ, the guy is the luckiest player in history. Half of his titles had him as not even the best guy on the team. Then he was incredibly inefficient as a scorer and did pretty much nothing else above average. And yes i know he had all those defensive awards, but i've watched him for years and have never seen him play great defense. He is overrated in the extreme. I would have him in top 15 but definitely not top ten.

Next, John Stockton is a guy who leads the nba in two major statistical categories and was one of the most efficient players ever. Everyone on here raves about steve nash while stockton was better than him in every way. Look at nash's mvp years and then realize that stockton posted better numbers while not even being considered for that award. LOL, i swear you people are morons. You put some scrub like mikan up there when he played against players that might as well have been retarded, but Stockton is overrated? Yeah right.

LMFAO at you tards. A guy who averaged a triple double is worse as a player than some chucker who stole michael jordan's game and made it look worse.
    You totally convinced me Kobe is not top 10 all-time. I'm going to remove him from my top 10 list now since he is just lucky.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Nique

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    You totally convinced me Kobe is not top 10 all-time. I'm going to remove him from my top 10 list now since he is just lucky.
    LMFAO, you cannot sit here with a straight face and say that he has not been more lucky than prb anyone else in history. In my post above, what did i say that wasn't true? LOL at your ignorance of the game in general. LMFAO.

you cannot sit here with a straight face and say that he has not been more lucky than prb anyone else in history.
    Magic, perhaps.

I like McAdoo too and all, but I'd still rank Paul Pierce above him due to some extra longevity. Even though Paul has possibly the worst handles of all time