Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    People are judging a book by it's cover.

If 2K focused solely on graphics every year then they would be no different from NBA Live.

The graphics on 2K14 may be the same as 2K13, but the gameplay is what people should be focused on. For the past year people have been complaining on how mediocre 2K13's gameplay was, yet they want to focus on the graphics.
    Agreed its all about gameplay. Graphics arent an issue to me. If they want to change them for the new consoles? So be it. Hell I rather the same graphics and IMPROVED SERVERS.

I assume the latest trailers are for the 360/PS3 versions anyway considering they drop nearly 2 months before the new-gen consoles versions do.

The initial LeBron next-gen reveal at E3 had beautiful graphics, and that was actual PS4 gameplay.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Agreed its all about gameplay. Graphics arent an issue to me. If they want to change them for the new consoles? So be it. Hell I rather the same graphics and IMPROVED SERVERS.
    I agree as well. I would much rather have 2k refine and refine the gameplay rather then put out a whole new system and revamping everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlyBeh-FCk

Such a bad trailer to me. Lacks realism.
    Kobe move at end where he fakes pass and shoots at same time. Terrence Ross dunk. And the Leonard bucket shot over his head from 10 feet falling out of bounds.
    It’s ok if they are extremely rare events, but the trailer should just show common events, not NBA JAM highlights.

[QUOTE=G-train]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlyBeh-FCk

Such a bad trailer to me. Lacks realism.
    Kobe move at end where he fakes pass and shoots at same time. Terrence Ross dunk. And the Leonard bucket shot over his head from 10 feet falling out of bounds.
    It

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

All the 2k's I have played are complete shit which cater to no skill scrubs who just hold turbo with no ball movement or thought and jack it up with a contested hand in there face with Melo for it go in 90% of the time. Games shit it does not reward ball movement and open shots but rather god mode players you can close your eyes and win with.

NBA Jam>>>2k at least with Jam you know it's meant to be unrealistic.

So what I got out of that trailer is that they want me to pay $60 for a roster update.

F*ck that. I am 95% confident I'm not going to buy this game. After already spending $180+ over the past 3 years on 3 different 2K games (11, 12 & 13), I think I'm done. The 5% is just for later in 2014 when the price of used copies falls.

2K doesn't do shit to improve the gameplay. Yeah, they'll add a few new dunks, drop in a 360 layup, add that feature they showed in the end of Kobe fake passing, taking a step back and nailing a shot, etc., but overall the games are entirely the same. It still looks like it'll be major cheese mode all game, every game.

I bet the game will still support people taking fadeaway 3's with Carmelo and hitting 9/10 of them. I bet it'll still allow people to hold down the turbo button and dunk on 5 guys with LeBron James. I bet it'll still make it so that all you have to do to score is take the ball inside and dunk.

If I'm wrong and they do finally improve gameplay, those of you who are actually about to spend $60+ on it should please let me know. I doubt they've improved much about it, though. It'll still be the same old reaching fouls when you clearly have a chance at a clean steal, lack of blocks on dunks unless you time it perfectly, and no reason to play defense on 3pt cheesers because every shot is going in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Just looked at the gameplay, what a ****ing joke, looks the exact same as 2k13. At least in the gameplay they showed early in 2k13 I could notice some changes since the last, but 2k14 looks identical and without me knowing I would not have known it was the new game.

this...

This is why I'm only getting it on new-gen consoles. I certainly didn't expect much difference between 2K13 and 2K14 on current gen.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    This is why I'm only getting it on new-gen consoles. I certainly didn't expect much difference between 2K13 and 2K14 on current gen.
    They need to show us what it looks like then on next gen. Granted, it should look much better. I saw FIFA 14 gameplay on the next gen consoles and it did look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    They need to show us what it looks like then on next gen. Granted, it should look much better. I saw FIFA 14 gameplay on the next gen consoles and it did look amazing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_osh4gRHXCI

It's not much, but it's something, and the difference is noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_osh4gRHXCI

It's not much, but it's something, and the difference is noticeable.

- in all honesty......sh!t looks the same as current Gen

- I remember in 2000 seeing the PS2 Graphics.....and hearing all the VG experts ( saying how advanced Technology is...and is going to get)...

I thought we would have super real life models/nearly flawless Graphics by now....mouth movement and eyes still look like trash

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

- I remember in 2000 seeing the PS2 Graphics.....and hearing all the VG experts ( saying how advanced Technology is...and is going to get)...

I thought we would have super real life models/nearly flawless Graphics by now....mouth movement and eyes still look like trash
    Your expectations are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

We must be watching different trailers, new-gen looks extremely fluid to me, and don't forget that footage is pre-alpha. You can expect a few tweaks. Mouth movement doesn't look perfected yet granted, but small things like facial expression looked pretty damn realistic to me.

I understand why the current-gen stuff is being pushed quite a lot now considering new-gen doesn't drop until November, but while I'm excited and curious after the LeBron new-gen trailer, I would love to see more.

Banned

To all you dumb mother****ers who think PS4 isn't as big a step-up as PS2 to PS3 *cough* *cough* AlphaWolf24 *cough* ........

And that 3rd picture isn't even actual 2K13, it's a PC Mod on 2K13, yet it still looks like crap compared to next-gen LeBron.

Also another thing is look how much the current-gen has evolved from when it came out to now...

NBA 2K6 on Xbox 360

NBA 2K13 on Xbox 360