Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay Can Not Coexist

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    they are thriving together and Rudy will be the person to take the last shot. Have you read a word i have said?
    Yes but it's hard to trust it after 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    its also hard to trust that jamal ( career inconsistent shooter ) will continue to score like he is. Not to mention yall have not played a single game outside of staples center

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

its also hard to trust that jamal ( career inconsistent shooter ) will continue to score like he is. Not to mention yall have not played a single game outside of staples center
    Jamal has averaged 18 ppg combined over the last 9 seasons. I expect his shooting percentages to dip a bit but considering the great passers he's playing with and stars that command double teams, he's not doing anything out of the ordinary.

BTW that's not true.. the Clippers went to Portland. Clippers are top 5 in all measurements of schedule strength including SOS and RPI which are the best ones. Point is sure they had a home intensive schedule but they also played more contenders than just about anybody else.

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Spurs
    Grizzlies
    Heat
    Lakers
    Hawks

All playoff teams Clippers have waxed so far and none of them were particularly close. Heat cut it to within 7 last night at the last second but were down 15+ a lot of the 4th quarter. Spurs lost by 22. Grizzlies and Lakers by 9. Hawks by 13. None of the Clippers wins have come down to the wire because the Clippers seem to go apeshit in second half of games.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-16-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Decent playground baller

Spurs
    Grizzlies
    Heat
    Lakers
    Hawks

All playoff teams Clippers have waxed so far and none of them were particularly close. Heat cut it to within 7 last night at the last second but were down 15+ a lot of the 4th quarter. Spurs lost by 22. Grizzlies and Lakers by 9...
    Lakers are contenders due to their potential, not their actual level... they don't belong to that tier yet.

I prefer the Grizzlies, but both teams are nice to watch and offer a great show when tehy met each other.

High School Starter

Damn MUTHA BEIOTCH.When the Clippers start wining in the playoffs u can start opening ya filthy trap

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Beating Portland in their house is a good away win. This isn't quite the same J Craw. He's shooting better(thanks to finally doing shooting drills) and his role is a little different. Yeah he's coming off the bench like before, but normally he's out their with scrubs and it's all on him to score. Now he has Bled to take some pressure off him and Barnes and Odom. He can pick his opportunities, look for "better" shots. I expect him to keep up his level of play.

Best Frontcourt in the league.

If their healthy come playoff time, they could probably beat anybody.

Gay and Randolph may be the #1 scoring options, but the best player, the player the team runs thru, their most important piece...my boy, my fat boy.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Okay... so scorer in the clutch consistently then? CP3 was the most clutch player in the NBA last year but take him out of the discussion if you want. Who's the Dirk on the Grizzlies? The Lebron? They just don't have a clear cut GO TO PLAYER. You keep saying "well multiple guys can do that any given night". How has that worked for teams like the Nuggets? Sixers? Deep teams with no defined, undisputed go to scorer.
    You're comparing a team like the Nuggets that have no one that can create for themselves (Iggy can't, Galinari is inconsistent, Lawson jumper and shooting overall this year sucks, Faried needs to be fed) to a team like the grizzlies (Conley can shoot and drive as good as any pg in the league, Marc Gasol who can get a basket anytime by himself, Z-bo no explaining necessary and Rudy Gay who can elevate and shoot over anyone) late in the game.

Great comparison

Having 4 people who can create for themselves at any time legitimately is a bad thing according to CF86 you should only have one
    Last edited by brandonislegend; 11-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I dont buy into this idea of someone having to always carry the label as the #1 option. Didnt Steve Blake hit a game winning 3 in the playoffs against the nuggets last year?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I dont buy into this idea of someone having to always carry the label as the #1 option. Didnt Steve Blake hit a game winning 3 in the playoffs against the nuggets last year?
    a team like the grizzles doesnt need a sole number 1 option. They have confident players who are willing to take the big shot. That team has been constructed amazingly well. I could only imagine how crazy its been getting on beal street following their home wins this season

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    a team like the grizzles doesnt need a sole number 1 option. They have confident players who are willing to take the big shot. That team has been constructed amazingly well. I could only imagine how crazy its been getting on beal street following their home wins this season
    Its actually pretty easy seeing how you could throw a stone from the entrance to beale. But i think what you are saying is moving along beale after you get on it. Yes it can be a little hectic. Tonight, on a friday against the knicks, it should be nuts after the win

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Its actually pretty easy seeing how you could throw a stone from the entrance to beale. But i think what you are saying is moving along beale after you get on it. Yes it can be a little hectic. Tonight, on a friday against the knicks, it should be nuts after the win
    Haha ye i meant the celebrations on that street must be awesome after wins. I did a US roadtrip a few years back and we spent a night in memphis. absolutely loved it there and beale street in particular.