Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Top 2008 NBA Draft prospects

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty
    You obviously know nothing about college basketball.
    Thabeet has a ton of potential.

Not airballing my layups anymore Defo's Avatar

Seems like a lot people are ignoring the Batum kid from France. He should absolutely go top 5, before guys like Hibbert and especially Thabeet. I can see Hibbert becoming a decent player in the league, but Thabeet just has bust written all over him - too much raw potential and not enough skill.

Good High School Starter

Thabeet will be maybe a decent backup I think. If people consider him a good player like they seem to do in this thread, then he will be considered a bust, but this guy has nothing to show he will be anything more than an okay pro.

I don't see Hibbert being all that much better. Hibbert may be more likely to be a starter right away, but I don't see him have that much of a better career. If Thabeet gets 7pts, 6reb, 2blks in his career, I see Hibbert as a 10pt, 7reb, 1blk kind of guy.

And Defo, I think Batum will end up being the #1 pick. He is on another level as a prospect kind of like LeBron/Oden/Durant.

NBA rookie of the year

I don't think Thabeet will ever be a force on the offensive end however he could be one of the leagues best shot blocker and at 7'2" he could be a great rebounder. He will be a game changer on the defensive end and he will have a chance to be an excellent rebounder. In his prime he could put up 12 ppg, 12 rpg and 3 bpg. If he doesn't realize his potential he'll atleast be a 7 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 bpg valuable player. I compare him to Dikembe Mutombo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKmqwcphAUU

Hibbert is very fundamentally sound having already spent 3 years at college and a 7'2" player who spends 4 years at college and plays as a back to basket center can be a very dangerous weapon in todays NBA. In his prime I could see 20 ppg, 10 rpg and 3 apg and he is a safe bet to average 10, 10 and 2. I can't compare Hibbert to anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVUJ4-uy1dk

Nicolas Batum is a very long player who appears to be a legit 6'8" and a swingman. He has a good shooting touching considering he is raw and has poor form on his shot. He is also very quick for 6'8" has a great wingspan and he can jump out of the gym. He should be a solid rebounder and he has point forward skills. If he goes to the SF/PF position in his prime he will average around 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg but if he stays at the SG/SF position in his prime he will average closer to 25 ppg, 7 rpg and 7 apg. He measured 6'7.75" with a 7'1" wingspan and also could still be growing and might end up around 6'9". I compare him to a Lamar Odom or maybe a taller Tracy McGrady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akr4jxCARXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgcDNhAtFpk
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 09-18-2007 at 08:41 AM.

Local High School Star

My top 5 are

1. O.J. Mayo
    2. Michael Beasley
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Nic Batum
    5. Eric Gordon

1st will be Mike Beasley cause he's amazingly athletic and very good shooting range. If he takes NBA little bit more serious he can be leading NBA superstar, only problem is his bad temper and he looks like he is always saying "I'm much better than anyone on the world, why to give my best shoot". I'm from Serbia and I watched him on U19 world championship, he is som much talented, but he wont' work.

2nd - OJ Mayo

3rd - Nicolas Batum

Local High School Star

I watched alot of Michigan State-UCLA last night, and Kevin Love really impressed me with his rebounding, toughness, post scoring, and ability to step up in the clutch. If he were to enter the draft, I think he could be a hot commodity and get drafted pretty high, maybe top ten. Charlotte, Washington, and Philadelphia are among some of the teams that are within range of drafting him. I think he'd be a great guy to have in Philly to crash some boards and score down low some. Any comparisons for him? Brad Miller, perhaps?

Good High School Starter

I'm thinking the same thing with Love. I think he and Hansbrough are pretty similar. Both should be going in the 1st half of the 1st round.

Beasley is a great athlete and he can get pretty good average in NBA. If he play SF he can be around 20pts, 7-8rebs, 4asissts and 2+blocks. If he play PF he can average 'bout 18pts, 10rebs,3+asissts and around 3 blocks. He can be good stealer too. If the team make him play D, he'll be imbalanced player.

Batum will, I supose be second pick 'cause he's very talented, athletic, great wingspan. I hope he will go well in his career because he looks like nice guy.

I think that Nikola Pekovic from Serbia will be the biggest steal on Draft. He's 6'11'' C/PF, very strong and athletic, good FT shooter for a big guy. He's 21 and already 2nd scorer of Euroleague and 6th rebounder and he got best utility index (useful) in Euroleague which is best European club competition.