Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have talked up Melo's game like that. He made it sound like the guy could be on Lebron's level, and that obviously will never be the case.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have talked up Melo's game like that. He made it sound like the guy could be on Lebron's level, and that obviously will never be the case.
    Not being funny, but what is Lebron's level?

He may be the best player in the NBA, but he has flaws as well.

All I really want for Melo is for him to work within the offense, ala Paul Pierce.

NBA rookie of the year

He's the best player in the game, and far and away the best SF in the game. He's a legitimate superstar.

Actually, I would revise that: he isn't far and away better than Kevin Durant.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 02-16-2012 at 07:56 PM.

I usually hit open layups

Some interesting sh*T

ESPN Sports Science - Lin as quick a John Wall...

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...nce-jeremy-lin

To sum it up, he has a similar acceleration rate as John Wall. He has a faster average release time than Ray Allen (although since he is not very accurate that time may slow down as he develops a better shot).

The accelerate and quickness is what surprises me the most. He is on par with a player known for quickness and speed.
    I recall in a game they said when New York tested him in some agility stuff for the draft his numbers were off the charts

The man who fixed Jeremy Lin's shot

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...-lin-1.3533733

Postby D Lee

Saw a basketball once

No disrespect, can't do that here bro.
    Last edited by knickscity; 02-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I'm wondering if Jeremy is playing so well because of what's around him or because of this system. People forget, Nate Robinson was dropping 18 a game off the bench in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    First good thing he's done as a Knick. [color=white]White text.[/color]
    You must have become a Knicks fan 2 weeks ago then. Contrary to kneejerk belief, he's won more games for us than ANY current Knick.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I'm wondering if Jeremy is playing so well because of what's around him or because of this system. People forget, Nate Robinson was dropping 18 a game off the bench in this system.
    It's the system, every pg in it has played better than expected.

But none of his work is possible if his teammates don't hit their shots.

Kinda why I think his best game was against the Lakers.

They claimed not to do their homework on him, and you can tell from the outset they lied big time.

Lin had every single jumper he wanted in that game, because they figured his scouting report was he can't shoot.

When he made his shots, they completely just gave up, with no backup plan, and then he could drive in the paint at will.

He seriously gotta work on driving to his left though, which is where the bulk of "his" turnovers come from.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    It's the system, every pg in it has played better than expected.

But none of his work is possible if his teammates don't hit their shots.

Kinda why I think his best game was against the Lakers.

They claimed not to do their homework on him, and you can tell from the outset they lied big time.

Lin had every single jumper he wanted in that game, because they figured his scouting report was he can't shoot.

When he made his shots, they completely just gave up, with no backup plan, and then he could drive in the paint at will.

He seriously gotta work on driving to his left though, which is where the bulk of "his" turnovers come from.
    Derek Fisher came in that game with one mindset. I'm going to bully this Asian kid into thinking he can't play. I was impressed with Lin's poise. Fisher did nothing different from what the older cats at the park do to the young guys. Try to rough you up because they know they can't keep up. (Although I just had a birthday so I can't really talk )

I usually hit open layups

WBUR Podcast

His shooting coach talks at 17:00 - about his shooting, his game, moves and other stuff like Amare's defence or lack of :)
    He still has tricks up his sleeve...

http://onpoint.wbur.org/media-player...source=onpoint

Guests

Phil Taylor, senior writer, Sports Illustrated. He’s been following Jeremy Lin since his high school days

Doc Scheppler, He is the girl’s basketball coach at Pinewood high school in Los Altos, CA. He spent four months this past summer working with Jerem Lin on his game.

Jay Caspian Kang, editor at Grantland, which is owned by ESPN, and contributing writer to the New York times Magazine.

Frank Isola, the Knicks beatwriter for the New York Daily News.

added 12lbs, increase vertical 3.5 inches etc :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucApVmfE89s

biggest game for lin this year

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    biggest game for lin this year
    Not just for Lin.
    It's the biggest game of the year for the whole team.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]I really dont think its a big game for the Knicks. I hope they dont put that much pressure on themselves to measure up to the Heat team clicking on all cylinders.

This is a game where I want to see who is going to step up and help Lin. I want them to win but I want to see who on the Knicks bring the energy and electricity. The amount of athletic bodies that Lin will face tonight might be to daunting of a task!

I will get hated on for this statement but I would have loved to see this game played when the Knicks were going good without Melo + Stat. It would have been electrifying![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Navy"]I really dont think its a big game for the Knicks. I hope they dont put that much pressure on themselves to measure up to the Heat team clicking on all cylinders.

This is a game where I want to see who is going to step up and help Lin. I want them to win but I want to see who on the Knicks bring the energy and electricity. The amount of athletic bodies that Lin will face tonight might be to daunting of a task!

I will get hated on for this statement but I would have loved to see this game played when the Knicks were going good without Melo + Stat. It would have been electrifying![/COLOR]
    I won't hate you for saying that last part, but come on man.

It's a big game no matter the result for the Knicks.

These are practice games for them, but I think this game will surprise quite a few.

I'm not predicting a win, but I don't think the Knicks will face the same fate of the other teams the Heat have played.

Those games were over by halftime.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I won't hate you for saying that last part, but come on man.

It's a big game no matter the result for the Knicks.

These are practice games for them, but I think this game will surprise quite a few.

I'm not predicting a win, but I don't think the Knicks will face the same fate of the other teams the Heat have played.

Those games were over by halftime.
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Usually when I type something controversial I let it marinate for a while.....

I really think Lin made the Bteam play well above their abilities and I think they would have been uber confident played them close.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]the only way its over by halftime if Lin gets utterly shut down and his teammates dont step up.

Do you see the rest of the team coming up SMALL?[/COLOR]