View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 08:40 PM   #73
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Browns 1st and 4th pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
Hard Knocks has been great so far, looks like 6-7 wins next season for this team, Baker is the real deal!
The only thing that keeps me from being over-the-moon with expectations is the youth on the team and the lack of depth in the secondary and offensive line.

There is good and bad with the youth thing, because it may limit our upside for this season but it gives us serious potential to be an elite team down the road.

Here is the depth chart and you aren't going to see many guys even approaching 30. Again, that is good and bad. You need those guys for leadership roles. Being 26 means being a serious vet on this team.

Offense
QB: Tyrod Taylor (29); Baker Mayfield (23)
RB: Carlos Hyde (27); Duke Johnson (24); Nick Chubb (22)
FB: Dan Vitale (24)
WR: Josh Gordon (27); Jarvis Landry (25); Antonio Callaway (21); Rashard Higgins (23)
TE: David Njoku (22); Seth DeValve (25)
C: JC Tretter (27); Austin Reiter (26)
G: Kevin Zeitler (28); Austin Corbett (22); Spencer Drango (25)
OT: Joel Bitonio (26); Chris Hubbard (27); Desmond Harrison (24); Shon Coleman (26); Greg Robinson (25)

Defense
DE: Myles Garrett (22); Emmanuel Ogbah (24); Nate Orchard (25); Carl Nassib (25)
DT: Larry Ogunjobi (24); Caleb Brantley (23); Trevon Coley (24); Jamie Meder (27)
OLB: Jamie Collins (28); Christian Kirksey (25); Genard Avery (23); James Burgess (24)
MLB: Joe Schobert (24); Mychal Kendricks (27)
CB: Denzel Ward (21); EJ Gaines (26); Terrance Mitchell (26)
SS: Jabrill Peppers (22); Derrick Kindred (24)
FS: Damarious Randall (25); Briean Boddy-Calhoun (25)

Have to say, typing out that depth chart the way I think it'll play out, there are not a ton of holes in the starting unit. Absolutely loaded at the skill positions on offense and linebacker positions on defense and Myles Garrett has been an animal in the first two preseason games. Ogunjobi also has looked very promising. Jabrill Peppers back to his natural position of SS after playing all last year out of position at FS just out of necessity... no one else on the team could do it.

Just a massive improvement up and down the roster. And Josh Gordon not really playing for the past 3 years wasn't great for a variety of reasons, but at least he hasn't taken punishment for years on bad teams. He should still have plenty of years left in him.

But these are all very young guys. A lot of it will come down to how long it takes them to catch on. I am very excited about the future though. I think we could have a window in a couple years to do something special.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote