Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Marc Stein: Wolves offer Pekovic+Derrick Williams Package for Pau

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    but lakers already have jamison. i dont think anderson is an upgrade over jamison. one player will not change this team.
    and what happens if dwight leaves after the season? you're stuck with ryan fukkin anderson...

Yeah but Anderson is playing like a beast. The very definition of stretch 4 and he still averages 8RPG, in under 33MPG. He's doing this next to Robin Lopez.

Jamison could start, but he could also be a backup. Anderson doesn't play a lot of minutes and Jamison could also grab minutes at the SF position. Also, Anderson is becoming a better defender.

I agree that Minnesota should not do this. It's not the worst thing that could happen to them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pan out for them. It wouldn't be my move tho.

Pekovic would be great on the Lakers if there is no Dwight. The issue is the two of them. It makes no sense for LA if they don't immediately flip Pekovic...which means they should just get other teams involved.

Even if Jamison was as good as Anderson (and I do think Jamison would be a very good starter on this team), he AND Anderson would be even better, as the Lakers would have depth and have minutes to spare between the two.

If they could flip this for Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow/Kyle Korver I'd be interested as a Laker fan.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    If they could flip this for Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow/Kyle Korver I'd be interested as a Laker fan.
    A 3 way deal? Josh and Morrow go to the Lakers, Pekovic and Williams and someone else comes to Atlanta, while Gasol heads to Minnesota.

Interesting. Very interesting.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    A 3 way deal? Josh and Morrow go to the Lakers, Pekovic and Williams and someone else comes to Atlanta, while Gasol heads to Minnesota.

Interesting. Very interesting.
    Wolves fan don't think that is interesting. Fact, it's like giving away the Tanqueray No. 10 so you can be pouring used oil into that martini glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Even if Jamison was as good as Anderson (and I do think Jamison would be a very good starter on this team), he AND Anderson would be even better, as the Lakers would have depth and have minutes to spare between the two.
    but the topic at hand is jamison + anderson or jamison + gasol.
    i dont see a substantial upgrade.

If you get a 4th involved to take Gasol (like the Bulls, for example) then you have a good deal. Horford and Pekovic is pretty damn solid. Tho Williams has to go to LA too, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    but the topic at hand is jamison + anderson or jamison + gasol.
    i dont see a substantial upgrade.

Well, I don't think Gasol is playing well. He has to play much better for it not to be an upgrade.

Mostly, Gasol still should and still does carry a lot of value. The Lakers would have to get a 3rd team involved and they'd need to net back more than just Anderson.

Minnesota should up their offer and include one of their point guards. They have no use whatsoever for Ridnour, who is a good player, and would be a fine backup in LA, which needs a bench.

Rubio + Gasol + Love + AK would just be unbelievable. Too bad Roy didn't work out.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I want to see the combo but I don't want the Wolves to mortage their future.

Banned

Yeah but Anderson is playing like a beast. The very definition of stretch 4 and he still averages 8RPG, in under 33MPG. He's doing this next to Robin Lopez.

Jamison could start, but he could also be a backup. Anderson doesn't play a lot of minutes and Jamison could also grab minutes at the SF position. Also, Anderson is becoming a better defender.
    BEAST?

CHUCKING SOFT SCRUB MORE LIKE

He is basically vladimir Radmonovic.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Would Pek accept being a main factor off the bench? can't see him not being dealt if this goes down.

But the Lakers want to see how Nash plays with Gasol first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    BEAST?

CHUCKING SOFT SCRUB MORE LIKE

He is basically vladimir Radmonovic.

A little bit. Except he scores like 2.5PPG more than Radmanovic peaked per36...which he's peaking at this year for the Bulls, at 0.6MPG.

And last year he averaged more offensive rebounds per game than Radmanovic grabs defensive rebounds per game. And he averages 8RPG at 32.9MPG.

And he shoots in your face and not off standing on the perimeter waiting for Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant to scare other people into leaving him open.

Other than that, he's pretty much the same player. Oh, and 10% better from the line.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 12-06-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I agree that Minnesota should not do this. It's not the worst thing that could happen to them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pan out for them. It wouldn't be my move tho.

Pekovic would be great on the Lakers if there is no Dwight. The issue is the two of them. It makes no sense for LA if they don't immediately flip Pekovic...which means they should just get other teams involved.

And at the same time, pau would play much better without Dwight. The fact that Dwight clogging the lane is the main reason pau's production has dropped so much.

There was a reason why pau was such an effective player when he was mainly playing center from 08-10. The past three seasons including this one he's been relegated to a high post facilitator and spot up 15-18 jump shots. He's good enough where he can adapt to that role but to limit his game like that takes away from his other strengths such as his low post back to the basket and face up game.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

I think a three way trade is very possible with Toronto, minty and la with lots of players going in all directions.
    Pau, Blake, maybe
    Derek Williams, pekovic, ridnhour, maybe barea
    Bargs, Calderon, fields, kleiza, Amir, Lucas

Between all those players, must be a way to make a nice three way trade

How bout la gets bargs, Fields, Lucas, barea
    Toronto gets pekovic, Blake, Williams, ridnhour
    Minny gets pau, Calderon, kleiza, Amir

Lowry,

Banned

We holding out for Kevin love

GET IT DONE MITCH