Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast
    The Holy Trinity

Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Preview: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    You said Bosh had a good chance at finals MVP. Your argument is invalid.

I said nothing about Finals MVP. I said "legacy". It would be nice if the press acknowledged that Wade actually has one and is still adding to it.

When people gripe Wade fans who ***** about how disrespected he is, I think they assume that all we're talking about is present player rankings. But, that's only the annoying tip of the iceberg. It's about a lack of recognition for the track his career is on-- the track any player who boasts his resume so far would be on, whether their name was Dwyane Wade or Stanley Humperdink.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I said nothing about Finals MVP. I said "legacy". It would be nice if the press acknowledged that Wade actually has one and is still adding to it.

When people gripe Wade fans who ***** about how disrespected he is, I think they assume that all we're talking about is present player rankings. But, that's only the annoying tip of the iceberg. It's about a lack of recognition for the track his career is on-- the track any player who boasts his resume so far would be on, whether their name was Dwyane Wade or Stanley Humperdink.
    Well, the media was all over Wade in 2006, so I guess it's fair that a better player's jock is now being milked (Lebron's).
    Last edited by creepingdeath; 05-28-2011 at 09:13 AM.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    I'm going with the Mavs in 6.

Dirk has been the best player in the playoffs, and Dallas' bench is just better than the Heats' bench.

Looking forward to seeing Dirk beast on, and destroy Chris Bosh. It'll be interesting to see how often Lebron checks Dirk.

Well Lebron will be the best Player in the Finals and Miami Bench with Haslem Miller and Chalmers is Pretty good at tis point. Miami is the Better team and will win series.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Well Lebron will be the best Player in the Finals and Miami Bench with Haslem Miller and Chalmers is Pretty good at tis point. Miami is the Better team and will win series.
    They are pretty good defensively but as a whole they averaged 16 pts a game last series. That's like....Yikes. If Barea and Peja have a bad series they'll out do that by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingFanboy
    They are pretty good defensively but as a whole they averaged 16 pts a game last series. That's like....Yikes. If Barea and Peja have a bad series they'll out do that by themselves.

Peja wont be playing Much as U take either Stevenson or Marion's Defense off the floor.. Barrea will not be a big factor either. Miller and haslem are just rounding back into form so expect better numbers from both in Finals. Anyway Miami's big 3 will score 70 to 80 points themselves most games so getting 20-25 points between Miller,Chalmers, Haslem,Bibby and Anthony is all the Heat are looking for.

Dolphins,Heat,Marlins SebasMiamiFan's Avatar

Peja wont be playing Much as U take either Stevenson or Marion's Defense off the floor.. Barrea will not be a big factor either. Miller and haslem are just rounding back into form so expect better numbers from both in Finals. Anyway Miami's big 3 will score 70 to 80 points themselves most games so getting 20-25 points between Miller,Chalmers, Haslem,Bibby and Anthony is all the Heat are looking for.
    This.

Magic Johnson

Miami in 5 or 6. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden made Dallas' defense look silly at times. I can only imagine what LeBron and Wade will do to it.

It'll be interesting to see how Dallas plays Bosh. They almost have to put Chandler on him, but that'll keep him away from the paint which gives the Heat yet another advantage. Dirk's ability to slow down Bosh could be key, although I doubt he has the foot speed or ability to slow him down.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Wow really that much?

Big three averaged 66.2 on philly
    71 on Boston
    67.8 on Chicago

you think Dallas' D is going to be on average up to 9-14 ppg worse on the big 3?

Good High School Starter

It's so stupid that majority of NBA fans are saying Dallas hasn't got much of a chance and one of there main reasons is that Dallas hasn't faced a defense like the Heat's in these playoffs yet. But why are they saying this because Miami's defense hasn't had to deal with the Dallas offense yet. It's silly logic. The Mavs offense is the best in the league IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
    It's so stupid that majority of NBA fans are saying Dallas hasn't got much of a chance and one of there main reasons is that Dallas hasn't faced a defense like the Heat's in these playoffs yet. But why are they saying this because Miami's defense hasn't had to deal with the Dallas offense yet. It's silly logic. The Mavs offense is the best in the league IMO.
    most aren't saying Dallas has no chance, most favour Miami but Dallas has a good shot to win.

Dallas do have a good offence but they are still dirk and a bunch of good role players. That can be unpredictable. They are a great perimeter team and Miami are a top perimeter defensive team...it isn't unreasonable to expect Miami to shut down everybody else.

The Holy Trinity

Ira Winderman on NBATV just gave a very plausible theory as to what may be going on with Wade. He thinks Wade may have injured the shoulder on the last play of the Celtics' series where he dove into the seats for a loose-ball.

If that's true, then all I have to say is, DUMBASS! It was a completely unnnecessary play. The game was over. You just wanted to do it for the fans. That's a nice thought, but if it f-ed up your shoulder for the rest of the playoffs, was the moment worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Ira Winderman on NBATV just gave a very plausible theory as to what may be going on with Wade. He thinks Wade may have injured the shoulder on the last play of the Celtics' series where he dove into the seats for a loose-ball.

If that's true, then all I have to say is, DUMBASS! It was a completely unnnecessary play. The game was over. You just wanted to do it for the fans. That's a nice thought, but if it f-ed up your shoulder for the rest of the playoffs, was the moment worth it?

Well hopefully the extra few days rest does him good.. With that said I expect Lebron to Lead the way for the Heat if they are to win series anyway but they need Wade to average at least 25 ppg for series.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingFanboy
    Wow really that much?

Big three averaged 66.2 on philly
    71 on Boston
    67.8 on Chicago

you think Dallas' D is going to be on average up to 9-14 ppg worse on the big 3?

I think Big 3 can get most games between 70-75 points so that means the other 5 guys in Rotation need to get between 25-30..

Root Of All Evil

I want to see LeBron go all Captain America, Super Soldier style and shut down Dirk, or at least try to take on the responsibility of shutting him down ... the way he absolutely shut him down in the 2008 Olympics. Which by the way, was THE best defense I've ever seen played on Dirk.