Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Jamison was measured 6-7 3/4 so probably 6-9 in shoes and Marion was measured at 6-6 1/2 without shoes and 6-7 3/4 in them.
    Funny how they arent listed by thier heights without shoes.

Then why start the argument in the first place?
    Because you wanted to give me height without shoes. Holds no relevance with me. Thus the argument began.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Funny how they arent listed by thier heights without shoes.
    Actually Marion is listed closer to his height without shoes. His height in shoes would be 6'8".

Because you wanted to give me height without shoes. Holds no relevance with me. Thus the argument began.
    If the inch doesn't matter then why start the argument?

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    If the inch doesn't matter then why start the argument?
    Because someone ASSumed it was a problem "He's only 6'7" as one of thier reasons not to draft him.

NBA rookie of the year

Because someone ASSumed it was a problem "He's only 6'7" as one of thier reasons not to draft him.
    I agree it's dumb to say he's 6'7" but then assume for example everyone else is at their barefoot height.

Keep in mind though I know most of the heights without shoes anyway so I'm not looking at him at 6'7" the way most people do. I know he's only an inch or 2 below average size for a PF. He just doesn't seem to play any bigger than his height that's the problem.

Bump!

Heat 94-70 Bulls
    Michael Beasley ---- 28 pts, 9 reb on 9-21 shooting
    Derrick Rose ---- 10 pts, 4 ast, 5 to on 3-8 shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Bump!
    Why?

You think the Bulls are gonna regret there decision b/c of 1 poor summer league game?

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Why?

You think the Bulls are gonna regret there decision b/c of 1 poor summer league game?
    I don't mean Derrick Rose is done. He's still gonna improve into a good PG but Beasley is playing like the GOAT! I believe there's nothing impossible for this guy and he's gonna shock the entire NBA very soon. Remember even the pick of Olajuwon is considered a wrong decision since there was a better player available from that draft class -- Michael Jordan.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

It's summer league. Wait until the end of the next season before you say who's the better player. Beasley right now will come in and dominate but Rose will be the better player in a few seasons, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    It's summer league. Wait until the end of the next season before you say who's the better player. Beasley right now will come in and dominate but Rose will be the better player in a few seasons, IMO.
    Why couldn't Rose do the same?

shhhhhhh

first let me say i'd have picked beasley over rose every day of the week and twice on draft day if it had been up to me...
    but dam guys ...lol
    let these guys get some time under their belts before they are judged on who's going to have the better season...
    point gaurds are going to score less and turn the ball over more if they are playing the position correctly, they are handling the ball nearly every time down the floor and responsible for getting it into the beasleys of this world hands...
    comparing stats of rookies in summer league that play two completly different positions is ridiculous

Local High School Star

What's really shocking is that people were so down on Beasley because of unspecific "character issues" even though he had one of the best freshman years of all time and a better freshman year than the media darling Kevin Durant.

Beasley played better, but people tend to overreact based on summer league. Morrison arguably played better than Brandon Roy in SL, and Ostertag beasted Duncan. Deron looked like **** in SL too.

Logging on this morning I knew one philistine would do something like this. Pathetic.

Rose wasn't aggressive enough in that game, too tentative. He gave up the ball to his teamates far too easily, and the few times he did make an aggressive move, he constantly gave his defender fits and earn't himself some free throws virtually every time. I'm looking to him to take over games offensively.

Why the hell are we even comparing a PG and a SF/PF if thats what he's known as?

Rose will obviously have more turnovers as he'll have the ball in his hand a lot of the time. Distributors will usually turn it over more, thats a given, ANY half competent basketball fan should know that.

Give the kid time, it wasn't like it was a disaster, he looked much more assured in the 2nd half anyway.

Seriously, some of these idiots who bump up moronic threads...

Quote Originally Posted by new noise
    People are getting it severely twisted. Beasley won't be putting up 25 and 12 in the NBA the way he did at K-State. The kid dominated on a mediocre college team with no other legitimate stars, and in three or four years people will be all over him for doing nothing besides scoring, ala Carmelo.

Rose carried his team to the NCAA championship game, a few missed FT's away from the win, and made former scrubs like Chris Douglas-Roberts and Joey Dorsey look like first-round picks in the process.

It's not a contest. Potential franchise point guard vs. potential scoring champ who maybe gets 5 rebounds a game? I'm taking the first one and not looking back.
    you took the words out of my mouth