Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Better Call Saul discussion thread

After finishing 'Breaking Bad' recently, I'm having extreme withdrawals and cannot wait for BCS in November.

Gilligan and team are going to ensure that it goes hard and holds down the fort for AMC. I hope Gus Fring and Mike Ehrmantraut both get a good amount of screen time.

raep tiem

Default Re: Better Call Saul

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    After finishing 'Breaking Bad' recently, I'm having extreme withdrawals and cannot wait for BCS in November.

Gilligan and team are going to ensure that it goes hard and holds down the fort for AMC. I hope Gus Fring and Mike Ehrmantraut both get a good amount of screen time.

I don't actually expect much, but looking forward to it nonetheless...

Da Mavs

Can't wait!

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston have practically been begging for cameos on the show, and Vince Gilligan said he's planning to bring both of them back somehow. I can see how Jesse would fit since Saul was the one who got his old pal Emilio off back at the beginning of the season, but a Walter appearance seems like it would come off forced. Interested to see how they pull it off.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston have practically been begging for cameos on the show, and Vince Gilligan said he's planning to bring both of them back somehow. I can see how Jesse would fit since Saul was the one who got his old pal Emilio off back at the beginning of the season, but a Walter appearance seems like it would come off forced. Interested to see how they pull it off.
    Walter would only make sense as a true cameo in which they cross paths (but no dialogue exchange) and Walt is just a kind pre-cancer version of himself, but that is pretty pointless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Walter would only make sense as a true cameo in which they cross paths (but no dialogue exchange) and Walt is just a kind pre-cancer version of himself, but that is pretty pointless IMO.
    What do you think of the possibility of a "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" version in which 'Better Call Saul' eventually catches up to BrBa in the timeline and shows everything behind-the-scenes from Saul's perspective? Vince Gilligan seemed intrigued by the idea, so I wonder if he'll go ahead with it. Paul and Cranston may have movie careers that have taken off at that point and would prevent them from spending much time on the BCS set though.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i hope the series shows flashes of the future, showing us sauls new life running a cinnabon in the mid west with huell and bill burr as him employees.

Saw a basketball once

Pretty sure I read it was going to be a prequel with flashes of what happened during and after breaking bad, so seeing Walter and Jesse making cameos seems to make sense. I'll see if I can find a link where it is mentioned its going to be a sequel-prequel hybrid.

Edit: said link http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...prequel-hybrid
    Last edited by FlagrantOne; 01-21-2014 at 06:42 PM.

I don't see the show being met with much enthusiasm besides BB diehards who still have that void in their entertainment lives. Some will try extra hard to love it just cuz it's from Vince Gilligan and force themselves to see varioous strengths.

I still see it getting good ratings even if people aren't overwhelmed with it on it's own. Viewers will show loyalty because of the creator even if Saul's character gets old and stale. He's better as a side guy, can't see him holding an entire show. They're gunna need awesome support characters for this show to be anything of note

Quote Originally Posted by FlagrantOne
    Pretty sure I read it was going to be a prequel with flashes of what happened during and after breaking bad, so seeing Walter and Jesse making cameos seems to make sense. I'll see if I can find a link where it is mentioned its going to be a sequel-prequel hybrid.

Edit: said link http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...prequel-hybrid
    Hmmm... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    I don't see the show being met with much enthusiasm besides BB diehards who still have that void in their entertainment lives. Some will try extra hard to love it just cuz it's from Vince Gilligan and force themselves to see varioous strengths.

I still see it getting good ratings even if people aren't overwhelmed with it on it's own. Viewers will show loyalty because of the creator even if Saul's character gets old and stale. He's better as a side guy, can't see him holding an entire show. They're gunna need awesome support characters for this show to be anything of note
    Odenkirk said that they're going for 70% drama 30% comedy, so it's safe to assume it will be more ensemble-based. It may be called 'Better Call Saul', but I don't think it's going to be him chewing up most of the screen-time and dialogue by himself. Crime and the corruption to cover it up will be the primary character of the show.

When it comes to Vince Gilligan, at least what he's shown when it comes to creating the universe 'Breaking Bad' lives in, it doesn't take much effort to love what he puts out.

Jonathan Banks officially joins 'Better Call Saul' as Mike Ehrmantraut.

Hopefully Giancarlo Esposito comes aboard next.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstj...ter-call-saul/

Hopefully Giancarlo Esposito comes aboard next.
    That would be awesome, but I don't know if Saul ever met him face to face, so it wouldn't make sense to have him as a significant character.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    That would be awesome, but I don't know if Saul ever met him face to face, so it wouldn't make sense to have him as a significant character.
    They didn't ever meet and Saul didn't even know his name when he connected Walt and Jesse to him, but Mike was recruited by him at the beginning of his drug ring operation.

So I think it could be worked out that he and Mike have a good chunk of scenes together.