Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: So Kobe doesn't take charges? and MJ and Magic never did either?

Quote Originally Posted by MontaHardaway
    He just doesnt want to share his true feelings and risk getting fined.

He knows in his heart what every player knows: taking charges is bush league and for bi*tch a$$ floppers who cant defend.

Taking charges is basically getting rewarded for flopping

it also shows true sacrifice for your team. teammates have to respect players who take charges because they're putting their bodies on the line more than anything else that occurs in basketball. its why they'll always run over and pick him up off the floor patting him on the back for doing it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    Are you & the DaRealist that damn stupid or are you being sarcastic?

are you saying MJ didn't take charges? or the sample size is too small of him taking them to be of relevance in contradicting what kobe said?

NBA Superstar

He knows in his heart what every player knows: taking charges is bush league and for bi*tch a$$ floppers who cant defend.

I very much disagree with these statements. There is an extremely stark contrast between flopping and taking a charge. Taking a charge is a legitimate defensive maneuver. If someone is standing somewhere on the basketball court, they have the right to that position. As such, if a defender is set outside the charge circle and an offensive player decides to plow them over, I see no way how this could be interpreted as being a tactic for a player for bush league players who can't defend.

I will have to assume the quoted post was made in jest.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MontaHardaway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    it also shows true sacrifice for your team. teammates have to respect players who take charges because they're putting their bodies on the line more than anything else that occurs in basketball. its why they'll always run over and pick him up off the floor patting him on the back for doing it.
    Kobe is not alone in this stance. Believe me. If a player of his caliber and importance to the history of he NBA doesnt respect charges, thats good enough for me.

Ill never respect taking charges, even when it benefits the team im rooting for.

Dude. Kobe adds in the interview that he respect taking charges as it is a SKILL. He defines it as such. He even mentions Battier.

Banned

doesnt respect charges

What Kobe actually said from that same article:

"Shane [Battier] does a great job taking charges," Bryant said. "Fish actually does a great job taking charges too. ... [COLOR="Red"]It's a skill. It's definitely a skill[/COLOR]. I know at Duke they teach that, they drill that, how to step in and take charges and sacrifice your body."
    "There's a difference [between taking a charge and flopping]. We all know what flopping is when we see it," Bryant said. "The stuff that you see is where guys aren't really getting hit at all and are just flailing around like a fish out of water. That's kind of like, where are your balls at?"

NBA Superstar

Kobe is not alone in this stance. Believe me. If a player of his caliber and importance to the history of he NBA doesnt respect charges, thats good enough for me.

Ill never respect taking charges, even when it benefits the team im rooting for.
    Out of curiosity, what is it you don't respect about taking charges? Are you operating under the impression that a charge is the same as a flop? I cannot imagine that'd be your stance.

Adbloock<3

NBA rookie of the year

Jordan definitely took charges (probably one of the best of that era at drawing them, though he certainly tried to make defensive plays on the ball more often that taking the charge). So I'm not sure what you mean there.

i swear all of them have been injured here and there, i just can't remember if they were back problems tho.

and theres still that margin for error with playing basketball in general leading to back problems, taking charges or not.
    There should be a pattern if it's true.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Leave it to the biggest clown and raped whore on ISH to fool everybody on a Kobe troll thread in disguise....slowly coming back from the rape suffered months ago I see. Need some more? Crawling back.....slowly but surely, no shame.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 05-16-2012 at 04:31 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Leave it to the biggest clown and raped whore on ISH to fool everybody on a Kobe troll thread in disguise....slowly coming back from the rape suffered months ago I see. Need some more? Crawling back.....slowly but surely, no shame.

lol coming from the kobe homer that put me on ignore and was so paranoid of me entering a laker thread, he worried about it days before the game threads

nobody on ISH are as bad posters as you kobe homers. nobody is even close. besides i just found out Millwad = your buddy Lakersreign which puts ya'll definitely at worst posters ever levels, even if theres a dozen of you between your alts.

and why are you getting so butthurt about me starting a thread quoting a kobe article? insecure much? my bad you seem to be insecure 24/7 when it comes to Kobe and the Lakers i swear a lot of you kobe homers are really insecure lil kids...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He just doesnt want to share his true feelings and risk getting fined.

I see, so...Scottie Pippen couldn't play defense? Gotcha.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

lol coming from the kobe homer that put me on ignore and was so paranoid of me entering a laker thread, he worried about it days before the game threads

nobody on ISH are as bad posters as you kobe homers. nobody is even close. besides i just found out Millwad = your buddy Lakersreign which puts ya'll definitely at worst posters ever levels, even if theres a dozen of you between your alts.

and why are you getting so butthurt about me starting a thread quoting a kobe article? insecure much? my bad you seem to be insecure 24/7 when it comes to Kobe and the Lakers i swear a lot of you kobe homers are really insecure lil kids...
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    still posting on an alt balding homo?

of course i'm back...

i'm poodle aka godzuki aka smokeee aka budaas from p8 of the ev8 thread
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...245084&page=11

Please continue to call me EVERYBODY on ISH, like you(32dayz) keep forgetting to take your Tourette's meds before you log on.

32dayz/bwink23/poodle/godzuki trying (and failing miserably)with that pathetic fail for over 6 months now, but is still way too ret**ded to admit it cuz he has nothing else = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhPe5l8V_04

Notice how he desperately tried to walk it off, like this dancing clown(32dayz)?
    Last edited by LakersReign; 05-16-2012 at 05:12 PM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

If homer and insecure is all you got start putting padding on your @ss, the rape is gonna hurt....again.