Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    It didn't sound cool or batman-y. It sounded like a kid calling his high school and mimicking his grandpa in order to cut classes.

I think Bale is a terrific actor but the role didn't require him to summon too much talent. It's a straight role and he played it fine, but so could a lesser actor IMO.
    I liked the voice. It's a billionaire dressed as a superhero. Any guy in a attempt to change his voice would do the same thing. It almost made it more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I don't understand the hate on the Bale voice..
    Me neither...
    He doesn't want anyone to recognize his voice because he is kind of famous. Seems reasonable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Me neither...
    He doesn't want anyone to recognize his voice because he is kind of famous. Seems reasonable.
    A) The voice got progressively more cartoonish as the movies came out.

B) By Rises everyone and their grandmother seemed to know he was really Bruce Wayne so it didn't make any sense that he would use the voice with people who knew who he was.

Kevin Conroy did a great job of having a distinct Wayne and Batman voice without going way overboard like Chris. It was just Bale hamming it up as he has done for much of his career.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

new bte or should I say bew nwe?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

lol wtf im on?

Banned

1 person, outside of his central crew and the daughter of the man that trained him.
    Bane, Talia, Selina Kyle, 'Robin', and eventually Commissioner Gordon all knew who he really was and he still insisted on talking like he had stage 4 throat cancer when he was around them. Didn't make a lick of sense. Must've been really confusing for them

Again it's really really stupid that Batman and Superman exist in the same universe. Reaaaaally stupid.
    We're done with Nolan's 'realism' approach to the Batman mythos. Now it's time to Zack Snyder aka Joel Schumacher 2.0 to give us his vision.

Apparently Affleck is signed for MULTIPLE Batman movies beyond Superman/Batman. Are they hoping he is going to be their Robert Downey Jr and finally hep them compete with Marvel? I see this exploding in their face rather spectacularly.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    A) The voice got progressively more cartoonish as the movies came out.

B) By Rises everyone and their grandmother seemed to know he was really Bruce Wayne so it didn't make any sense that he would use the voice with people who knew who he was.

Kevin Conroy did a great job of having a distinct Wayne and Batman voice without going way overboard like Chris. It was just Bale hamming it up as he has done for much of his career.
    Your point reminded me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJuGeqdbn4

Banned

Bane/Talia knew through Ras.. Robin finding out by a look was dumb. Commissioner Gordon found out (was told by Bats) at the waaaaaay end, doesn't count.
    Twist it whichever way you want, the fact is every major character in Rises knew Batman's 'secret' identity yet he insisted on using the throat cancer patient voice with them. Made absolutely no sense. He wasn't trying to hide his 'secret' identity. He was just Bale being Bale- a ham.

Apparently Affleck is signed for MULTIPLE Batman movies beyond Superman/Batman. Are they hoping he is going to be their Robert Downey Jr and finally hep them compete with Marvel? I see this exploding in their face rather spectacularly.
    As I've said several times in this thread- WB was wooing him a few years ago to direct the Justice League movie before the writers' strike. They even offered him a Daredevil reboot where he would star and direct. I think they will use Superman vs Batman as a launching pad for the JL franchise and hand the reigns over to him to be the director and continue playing Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Twist it whichever way you want, the fact is every major character in Rises knew Batman's 'secret' identity yet he insisted on using the throat cancer patient voice with them. Made absolutely no sense. He wasn't trying to hide his 'secret' identity. He was just Bale being Bale- a ham.

As I've said several times in this thread- WB was wooing him a few years ago to direct the Justice League movie before the writers' strike. They even offered him a Daredevil reboot where he would star and direct. I think they will use Superman vs Batman as a launching pad for the JL franchise and hand the reigns over to him to be the director and continue playing Batman.
    I honestly don't see a "launching pad" in a movie directed by Snyder and written by Goyer (again). They need to work on that damn script and character development a lot more or else they are basically doing another Transformers.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Heisenberg confirmed as Lex Luthor. GG.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

First pics

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

batmobile

This Batman/Superman idea is just turrible, seems like Warner Brothers is just desperate to get Superman to ride the coattails of the Batman franchise success.

Probably end up ruining both. Marvel wins...again.
    Last edited by TheMan; 05-16-2014 at 12:12 PM.