Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

Thread: I got accepted to be a dorm RA.. any advice?
    Thread Statistics:
    Site: insidehoops.com - latest threads
    Forum: Off the Court Lounge - Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops
    Total authors: 7 authors
    Total thread posts: 15 posts
    Analysis: The sentiment of the discussion is positive. The discussion is quite engaging and quite undisputed. The users Myth, unbreakable, were particularly engaged. It got people interested in the discussion. We think the discussion is interesting.
    Awards: The following users won the first, second and third place as most active and engaging users:
    [First Place] 1st Place: Myth
    [Second Place] 2nd Place: Remix
    [Third Place] 3rd Place: HomieWeMajor
    http://omgili.com/thread/jHIAmI4hxg....w7FOKaUANsBGa/

Ok so wtf is this sh*t? Are you telling me every thread or post I make will be "analyzed, reviewed" by some internet geek probably working for some data collection agency hell bent on knowing what I'm doing, especially the time when I'm wanking in front of my webcam so they can jerk it to fulfill their homosexual motives?

Wow! Talk about an invasion of privacy. WTF is omigli and are they a part of ISH or are they seperate and merely stalking like a b*tch?
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 05-16-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

Dafuqq is that sh*t?

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

Default Re: Every post you make (including deleted ones) are being recorded and analyzed by Omgil

There are many companies that do that. I worked on project for a company called Synthesio. Basically what they do is they monitor social media (e.g. twitter, blogs, news websites, forums) according to the criteria given by their customers, my task was to evaluate the sentiment of given article/forums post/blog/twit if it is positive, neutral, negative. And at the end of the month you make a report of significant data. I can recall several big auto brands working with them.

I believe CIA collects data from FB. Also Google spies heavily through their product, one good reason to ditch Chrome.

I thought it's automatic no? The robot just detect certain keywords. For example, if there are many repetitions then they'd call it boring. If long discussion without swearing they'd call it positive, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I thought it's automatic no? The robot just detect certain keywords. For example, if there are many repetitions then they'd call it boring. If long discussion without swearing they'd call it positive, etc.
    Its not that simple. I dont think that there are algorithms that can detect the contextual meaning of certain phrases and idioms, especially on message boards where people use slang and idioms. Their search engine can detect the words they want to, but usually cant make the cpu understand how different relate to each other. Anyway the job was real headache.

damn dude werent you supposed to leave the forum wtf. how come its always the retards who make an 'im leaving and nobody try and stop me!!" thread only to not miss a single beat as far as spewing nonsense. looking for some validation hoping someone will call you a good poster so you can die happy?

[COLOR="White"]he'll nitpick the part where i call his post nonsense[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    apparently.

on the deleted thread "I'm about to leave this forum; convince me to stay" it says: "The overall tonality around the discussion is neutral. The discussion is quite engaging but isn't controversial. We find the discussion interesting and original. "

but most of the thread were didn't-read-lol gifs

but as usuall OP thinks somebody is stalking him.

this is a public message board which means that the public can read your messages....
    You're an idiot if you don't think this data collection crap is relevant. Employers are using it to hire new employees, so don't you think it's stupid I may possibly not get a job because some black employer finds out I don't like rap music over a stupid internet forum? If they are looking at facebook to hire, there is no doubt they will start looking at this collection crap to do the same thing.

We don't know what they are going to do with this material, but the fact every thread is being read and review without our knowledge is creepy enough.

It's the same thing as me creeping on some hot girl's facebook and rate something like, "Ok today she's a 5 with that shirt on and it looks like she had a great time because she went to the mall with her mom and ate a hot dog" every single day on everything she posts.

Just because it's public knowledge doesn't mean someone has to creep the sh*t out of me with every move I make. It's creepy. Period. Who does this sh*t and why do they do it. The advertising excuse is just phony.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 05-16-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    damn dude werent you supposed to leave the forum wtf. how come its always the retards who make an 'im leaving and nobody try and stop me!!" thread only to not miss a single beat as far as spewing nonsense. looking for some validation hoping someone will call you a good poster so you can die happy?

[COLOR="White"]he'll nitpick the part where i call his post nonsense[/COLOR]
    You don't get it do you?

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    so who convinced you stay and continue to post?

since you're obviously not able to use the internet, I've searched the wikipedia article for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omgili
    you're welcome!
    The fact a huge data collection agency rated my thread as "entertaining, fun, engaging" and gave it a 5 star rating shows beyond a shadow of doubt I am a huge asset to this forum despite the vitrol hate I get around here. These guys go through thousands of threads everyday and rate them like they are the internet geek version of rottentomatoes, so I wouldn't be surprise if I'm some internet celebrity in some secret internet society full of armchair nerds and geeks dying to get a sign autograph on a shirtless Rambo picture.

I need an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    There are many companies that do that. I worked on project for a company called Synthesio. Basically what they do is they monitor social media (e.g. twitter, blogs, news websites, forums) according to the criteria given by their customers, my task was to evaluate the sentiment of given article/forums post/blog/twit if it is positive, neutral, negative. And at the end of the month you make a report of significant data. I can recall several big auto brands working with them.

I believe CIA collects data from FB. Also Google spies heavily through their product, one good reason to ditch Chrome.
    What would you define as "significant" data and who are their customers?

National High School Star

Ah fvck... I hope my future employers are not liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Ah fvck... I hope my future employers are not liberal.
    If they take everything you say at face value (even if it is a joke), you can also post fake sh*t and make yourself look good. Just start making sh*t up like, "Damn so tired from chilling with President Obama. He won't leave me alone even though he's got a million things to do." "Why is Donald Trump blowing up my phone asking me to be his second in command running his entire company?" "Saved 10 kids from a burning fire today. Yup, hard to believe, but I was there, I heard screaming, went in there, and carried all 10 kids out. Got a slight burn on my b*llsack though, so that sucks."

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Ok so wtf is this sh*t? Are you telling me every thread or post I make will be "analyzed, reviewed" by some internet geek probably working for some data collection agency hell bent on knowing what I'm doing, especially the time when I'm wanking in front of my webcam so they can jerk it to fulfill their homosexual motives?

Wow! Talk about an invasion of privacy. WTF is omigli and are they a part of ISH or are they seperate and merely stalking like a b*tch?

Man if you think that is creepy look up how the USA'S government is spying on you using the Utah Data Center among other means. Here is some basic info from wikipedia:

Quote Originally Posted by wikiped a
    The Utah Data Center, also known as the Intelligence Community Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative Data Center, [1] is a data storage facility for the United States Intelligence Community that is designed to be a primary storage resource capable of storing data on the scale of yottabytes (1 yottabyte = 1 trillion terabytes, or 1 quadrillion gigabytes).
    [QUOTE= wikiped a] Its purpose

FTC hands down first fines over social-media data collection
    updated 06:46 pm EDT, Tue June 12, 2012

Spokeo fined for improperly collecting and marketing data

The Federal Trade Commission has fined data collector Spokeo $800,000 in the commission's first case relating Internet and social-media data sold for employment screening purposes. In its investigation, the Commission alleged that Spokeo had violated federal law in compiling and selling information gleaned from social networking sites. As The New York Times reports, the $800,000 fine represents a civil settlement Spokeo reached with the Commission, though the company was not required to admit wrongdoing.

The FTC alleged that Spokeo had violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act in marketing consumer profiles without the assurance that its customers would use those profiles for legal purposes. The Commission further charged that Spokeo had failed to ensure the accuracy of its profiles or to inform customers of the company's federal responsibilities with regard to handling consumer data.

Spokeo was also said to have used fake endorsements in its marketing. These endorsements were posted on blogs and other websites by Spokeo employees touting themselves as users of the service.

From 2008 to 2010, Spokeo is said to have sold "coherent people profiles" containing information on individuals' likely income, home worth, marital status, approximate age, hobbies, ethnicity, social media site participation, religion, and many other metrics. Some of this information is available for free on Spokeo's site, but customers that paid for the service were shown more detailed information. Spokeo marketed its data collections to human resources departments, background screening services, and recruiters..

The Commission voted 4-0, with one commissioner not participating, to refer Spokeo to the Justice Department for possible further charges. In a statement on the company blog, Spokeo claims to have made changes to its site and internal business practices to remain in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Spokeo claims it is not a consumer report company, but instead a technology company focused on organizing people's data for their own benefit.
    http://www.electronista.com/articles...arketing.data/

Bingo! I was right again. What you say on here can affect your future employment, especially if it's a good career.

I also read somewhere your credit is affected by social media too and not just based on your debt (or lack thereof) and job (or lack thereof). Who you add as a friend on facebook (whether or not they have good credit) can either raise or lower your score. Scary sh*t. Well knowledge is power; if they are willing to take everything at face value, might as well lie through your teeth and make your online "credentials" look flawless.

Damn I'm sure as hell in the negative; time to start bullsh*tting my way back up.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 05-16-2013 at 11:43 AM.