Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Hahahahaha.

This isn't even going to be a contest. Skyrim is going to win this in a landslide.

Same-engine-from-4-years-ago-Warfare 3 being a nominee is laughable. Assassin's Creed Revelations is just as bad.

The only game that can challenge the Elder Scrolls series would be Batman AC, and to a lesser extent, Dark Souls. Uncharted should be around there as well but LOL to anyone who says Skyrim is all "hype". People who have played ES games solely on console = opinions not valid. At all.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Dude, you're claiming people are being bias towards Skyrim yet you're clearly bias towards Uncharted......
    You say yourself you don't like RPGs, a whole genre, so you are not in any position to comment on them, you don't like them. You pretty much just said you're a casual gamer.... I'm not, I play every big title that comes out, all of them, regardless of genre.

Trying to claim that Uncharted has more aclaim than any Bethesda game is SO ridiculous I'm almost inclined to just be a total asshole to you for even saying it, but I won't. You need to do some research dude, both Fallout 3 and Oblivion are top 10 in every single "top 100 games" lists/polls on the internet. Both have so many awards it's not even funny. Todd Howard, Bethesda lead, is WIDELY regarded as one of the best games minds EVER.

Sorry but ther mere fact that you say Rage is a Bethesda game shows just how little you know about the industry. Rage was developed by id Software, Bethesda is just the publisher...
    Even your claims that Uncharted was 2009 game of the year is very debatable, is was in no way the clear cut choice. Infact MW2 and Batman Arkham Asylum won as many if not more game of the year awards from various sites. Fallout 3 and Oblivion virtually swept the boards for these awards, they cannot be debated in their game of the year claims.

And once again you've made a ridiculous claim, Batman has had better reviews that any Bethesda game? Dude, you're conversing with a hardcore gamer, I know what is fact or fiction. Fallout 3 was given perfect scores from most if not all sites across the internet, don't even try making shit up here...

Also, don't use sales figures in your original arguement then claim you don't care about them when the otherside shows you up on them.
    For the record, Skyrim has 1.4 million PRE ORDERS. It's way on track to be the highest ever selling single player game in video game history on the first day of release, as in selling more copies TO DATE than any other game since their release.

We can be cocky about Skyrim's game of the year chances because, regardless of you "opinion" it is FAR AND AWAY the best game to be released this year.
    You sure about that? 2008 wasn't exactly a slow year for games. I'm not saying Fallout 3 doesn't have a case but if you're going to actually hold the drawn out puke that is Modern Warfare 2 against Uncharted 2 then it is only fair to hold actually good games like Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA IV, and Little Big Planet against Fallout 3 in 2008. Same thing goes for Gears of War and Twilight Princess with Elder Scrolls. Again, Fallout and Elder Scrolls certainly have their cases for game of the year but to say it's not debatable is just absurd, especially when you want to actually want to play up that Call of Duty garbage. And believe me. You're talking with someone who has over 100 hours in Fallout 3. I love the hell out of it. But you and I both know that it was far from perfect.

However, people really shouldn't be complaining about Game of the Year this year since the nominees are all really good. Arkham City, Portal 2, Elder Scrolls, and Uncharted are all terrific in their own right so to complain which is better than the other would be like comparing tits to ass. There's really no loser.
    Last edited by AlexanderRight; 10-27-2011 at 06:31 PM.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itqrR...feature=relmfu

^^^game of the year? maybe for a school of 3rd graders perhaps. Come on.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Firstly their name is Bethesda k? Not Bathesda, I find it very hard to take someone's opinions on a company seriously when they don't even know how to spell it.
    That alone shows you know nothing about the company or their games and your claims about them are just ridiculous. Guareentee both Fallout 3 and Oblivion have won more awards than Uncharted has, ohh wait I should say, that is fact shouldn't I? That makes it totally true.
    Ohh wow they made a gallery? Probably because it's a nothing studio that made one good game and feel the need to tell everyone how great they are?
    Bethesda have been the market leaders for a decade, they have no need to try and prove to everyone how good they are. Hell you even own their games yet you hate the genre right? Why do you own the games then? Perhaps cause all the feedback you saw on them were so amazing you simply had to see the games? Funny that, yet they aren't "critically acclaimed" games right?
    Why exactly do I need links to prove what I'm saying, haven't seen one from you... Go look at sites youself, it's not hard. MW2 and Batman won a hell of alot of game of the year awards, like I said, as many if not more than Uncharted did.
    Mass Effect 2? Wow, even calling Mass Effect 2 an RPG is a joke let alone the best. Just cause your character levels does not make a game an RPG. The very linear nature of the Mass Effect series makes it not an RPG, it's a shooter with RPG elements. I dare you to go to any real gaming site and ask how many people think that game is the best RPG, you'll be laughed off the site.
    You seem to have some weird mix up between reviewers scores and game of the year awards. Claiming all these reviewers scores make the game better, even giving a score for Uncharted 3, it's not even out. You do realise these before release "reviews" are on proviso that the reviews are good right? Look at NBA 2K12 for a prime example, glitch fest yet miraculously these supposed reviewers missed all these bugs and glitches that players found within hours of release.
    Anyway the numbers say it all, how many people in this thread have said Skyrim has it? More than a few. How many backed up your Uncharted 3? Ohh, none.
    I'm done bothering trying, I'll bookmark this thread and pull it up when I'm indeed right, which will happen.
    Ohh and incase you wanna reply, it's Bethesda, got it?
    Nice, I created a gaming war.
    But honestly, what are you rambling on about? thesis thoroughly owned you.

I've already seen one person praise the Uncharted series in this very thread; not including rhythmic thesis. I have created a thread a while back praising Uncharted 2, claiming it's the best game I have ever played. I still hold that same belief, it's the best game of this generation to me. So there, that's three people that fully support Uncharted. Shut your mouth, all of your replies are so irritating and full of holes!

First off, him not knowing how to spell Bethesda has no relevance at all. He owns the games like he said, and he didn't like them. So why should we not value his input? I can not STAND any of their games either. In fact, I don't even like Fallout 3. I don't understand how people can waste their lives playing these games for 100+ hours, and then "rinse and repeat" so they can finish the game a different way. People have different preferences when it comes to games, you basically made an ass out of yourself in this thread. Thesis made some valid points, along the lines of something I would have said myself.

I can not believe you can sit there and diss Naughty Dog. The company that has succeeded every time they released a game; you need to remember they develop adventure games. Just because they do not develop games that you prefer, doesn't mean they aren't one of the most prestigious gaming companies out there. Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter & Uncharted are all household adventure titles; everyone who likes that genre, loves those games.

I can pretty much guarantee the guy bought those Bethesda games because they received great scores. I don't recall seeing him claim that a) Bethesda do not create great games or b) they do not receive praise. He simply stated he doesn't like RPG based games and he didn't enjoy their titles. We can make numerous assumptions as to why he owns those games, but I'm pretty sure my description is rather accurate.

Also, he said they aren't as critically acclaimed as the other games you moron. He never said they were not critically acclaimed, learn how to read.

I am pretty sure he meant that Skyrim hasn't even received a single review. Uncharted 3 received over 40 reviews by now; sure they aren't officially released but most gaming sites have attained a copy so they can write their pre-release reviews.

In conclusion, I am an Uncharted fan. I enjoy these type of linear action-adventure games. I appreciate their artistic design, aestheticism, sound, dialogue & characterization. At what they do, they are the best. Can't say the same for Bethesda; quit calling them market leaders for some sort of credibility reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean they develop the best games, there's a thing called niche marketing. I don't even like Fallout 3; apparently their best game. Of course other people like RPG games, so Bethesda is most certainly a very notorious company regarding RPG-based games. You called him out for liking Naughty Dog more, right? Maybe you should do some research about their history. They have never released a failed product, EVER.

You can be a leader in market share through economies of scale, doesn't necessarily mean they nurture quality.

Please do bookmark this thread, I don't see why.
    No one besides your dumb-ass ever made any idiotic prophecies regarding who will win GOTY. Thesis was actually quite respectable to you, I don't have patience for idiots like you. They need to be put in their place.

By the way, go read my thread as to why I believe Uncharted 2 is the best game ever made. Then if you'd like, explain to me why any game Bethesda has ever created is better.

By the way guys, I totally forgot Zelda.
    I am not a Nintendo guy, or a Zelda fan. But Skyward a legit contender without a doubt...I'll add it to the list.
    Last edited by crosso√er; 10-27-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

I added the latest reviews; I only include scores from sites that have reviewed both games, cause it's more relevant. Uncharted 3 is leading by a hair.

how can one even compare wii zelda to uncharted or skyrim or battlefield 3? does it really matter what a bunch of magazine writers decide is the number one game of the year?

No wonder bioware didnt release Mass effect 3 this year lol, they want the crown next year

this year should go to either Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Arkham City, Zelda Skyward Sword (this year release?)

maybe some others im missing

edit* IGN just gave a 10 to uncharted 3 =O
    Last edited by talkingconch; 10-28-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    edit* IGN just gave a 10 to uncharted 3 =O
    They gave a 9.6 to Mass Effect 2, and an 8.5 to Dragon Age 2. IGN sold the **** out ages ago.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itqrR...feature=relmfu

^^^game of the year? maybe for a school of 3rd graders perhaps. Come on.
    really? i was going to get into arguing my case, but i don't even feel like its necessary. it's zelda, man. it's not like they make two or three a year, the last major Zelda game they made was in what? 2006? you post a quick battle tutorial and then say it's for 3rd graders? you can do better than that...

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    really? i was going to get into arguing my case, but i don't even feel like its necessary. it's zelda, man. it's not like they make two or three a year, the last major Zelda game they made was in what? 2006? you post a quick battle tutorial and then say it's for 3rd graders? you can do better than that...
    The animaton is no different in the battle tutorial and actual gameplay. Hence why I laughed and said its for 3rd graders. You think in 2011 Zelda would have some kind of realistic approach with it. Too cartoonish for me. Like putting on a kids video when you're babysitting a relative as they sit in front of the tv drinking their juicy juicy box in a trance.

Banned

The animaton is no different in the battle tutorial and actual gameplay. Hence why I laughed and said its for 3rd graders. You think in 2011 Zelda would have some kind of realistic approach with it. Too cartoonish for me. Like putting on a kids video when you're babysitting a relative as they sit in front of the tv drinking their juicy juicy box in a trance.
    how could it be realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    how could it be realistic?
    By having everyone grow up?

Why cant Zelda and the characters look more realistic. Not sure how you need that to be explained. You've played games with realistic characters before.

Banned

By having everyone grow up?

Why cant Zelda and the characters look more realistic. Not sure how you need that to be explained. You've played games with realistic characters before.
    but that wouldn't be zelda..

do you mean like ocarina of time?