Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh the Bealsanity

Default Traveling in South Korea and Japan

So I'm heading off to Korea for around 2 weeks and to Southern Japan for a week. Wondering if anyone has any tips or must sees for either. I know Niko has been to Japan a lot.

I'm debating on whether or not to stay on Kyushu island for the whole week or make my way from Fukuoka to Osaka. I hear travel is insanely expensive in Japan so I don't want to go too far. Plus, I'm only there for about a week so its not like I can go to too many cities.

P.S Be jealous Jameer

Banned

Default Re: Traveling in South Korea and Japan

see how easy it is to pull the jap girls for a foreigner. I wonder if they are all super prudes like the stereotype, or normal.

Oh the Bealsanity

Yea I'm not so sure. If I had to guess I'd say the average Japanese girl is more prudish. But I'm sure there is definitely a decent chunk of girls that involve themselves in the expat scene.

In China if you're a breathing white man no matter how old you are you can pick up young girls. You should see some of these scruffy grandpa types groping everything they see in the clubs/bars. It disgusts me but they get action.

Banned

are there any chinese girls that are hot or are they all thin flat washboards with mosquito tits?

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    are there any chinese girls that are hot or are they all thin flat washboards with mosquito tits?
    I see every body type around Shenzhen but fat and obese. I maybe see an obese woman once a month.

Its unbelievable to me seeing all the Chinese moms though. These girls give birth and in a few months, are back to a size 0. My coworker who is 36 has had 4 kids and has the tightest body at the school. Them genes man...

But to answer your question, yea I'd say on average there are more thin, "mosquito tit" girls than curvy, big boob girls but there is something for everyone.

Krust Kingz

I'd suggest going from Kyushu to Kyoto personally its one of the most historical places and former capital center piece of japan.

You can get an idea of how much it would cost by Shinkansen/Bullet Train. http://www.amnet-usa.com/eng/ Plan your travel.

Generally you can find what I call groupie love in Japan. If you like and dress hip hop style for example you frequent those places you'll find a chick to dig out.

You're fortunate to be going at the right time the Yen is really weak right now.

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I'd suggest going from Kyushu to Kyoto personally its one of the most historical places and former capital center piece of japan.

You can get an idea of how much it would cost by Shinkansen/Bullet Train. http://www.amnet-usa.com/eng/ Plan your travel.

Generally you can find what I call groupie love in Japan. If you like and dress hip hop style for example you frequent those places you'll find a chick to dig out.

You're fortunate to be going at the right time the Yen is really weak right now.
    I'll look into it. I am more of a historical/site seeing traveler than a nightlife traveler so Kyoto does seem appealing .

Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    I'll look into it. I am more of a historical/site seeing traveler than a nightlife traveler so Kyoto does seem appealing .

Thanks for the advice.
    ill message you later with some general things i think are helpful. if you have specific questions you can ask and i can ask my wife to lookup if its in japanese.

You can get a JR pass if you plan to travel from city to city. I used to like finding people in advance to meet to hang out with. It wasn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

Are you living there right now? We got to have a beer (and some yakitori) sometime when i go back. Unfortunately not this year (for me) because im consulting, even when i find a permanent job i doubt i can take off a few months in. My wife and daughter will go this summer for a few weeks though.

No fair

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    No fair
    Get you ass out of the house and get a job and don't spend the money on stupid shit and then you can go to Japan in a few years. I did that. Was fun....

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Get you ass out of the house and get a job and don't spend the money on stupid shit and then you can go to Japan in a few years. I did that. Was fun....
    You make it sound easy

National High School Star

Im going to fukuoka for 3 days in about a week. I live in busan in south korea tho so a pretty short journey for me. Cant wait for.the.noodle stadium

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    ill message you later with some general things i think are helpful. if you have specific questions you can ask and i can ask my wife to lookup if its in japanese.

You can get a JR pass if you plan to travel from city to city. I used to like finding people in advance to meet to hang out with. It wasn't hard.
    Awesome, appreciate the help. Seems like the travel and lodging are going to be the biggest issues with me. My buddy told me to try to stay in some manga cafes or something. He gave me his old card and said I could probably get away with it. Definitely traveling on a budget so the cheaper the better.

I have a friend in Kagoshima already but she's pretty busy so not sure if were going to be able to meet up. Plus, Kagoshima is like in the opposite direction of every other major city so I don't know if it would be worth it. Basically, I'm not sure what major cities to hit so any suggestions would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    No fair
    One day my man, one day.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Im going to fukuoka for 3 days in about a week. I live in busan in south korea tho so a pretty short journey for me. Cant wait for.the.noodle stadium
    I was planning on taking the ferry over to Japan as well (which I assume your doing). Seems pretty straight-forward.

What is this noodle stadium?

Look into some multiple stop tickets. Sometimes adding an extra city trip within a return airplane ticket barely costs anything extra.

Also are you dead-set on Kyushu? Like Rameek said, if you like the historical thing Kyoto should probably be no. 1 on your list, and it's probably cheaper to fly from Korea to Kansei rather than take the ferry to Fukuoka and then make your way East. You could visit Kyoto and Osaka that way saving on money and time.

Also, if you are going to Korea make sure to locate Randy and punch him in the face.
    Last edited by LJJ; 01-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.