Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: ESPN insider predicts Nets go 64-18 and have BEST shot at winning championship at 36%

Big names, old legs. It's always the same. Does anybody remember the predictions for last year's Lakers? Nash + Gasol + Kobe + World Peace + Dwight = guaranteed championship, right?

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: ESPN insider predicts Nets go 64-18 and have BEST shot at winning championship at 36%

i think the Nets are very good..And have improved this offseason so far.. But i think they only slightly improved by adding KG and Pierce.. f@ggot boy Humphries is out of NJ.. but he wasnt all that bad.. he was soft just by looking at him .. he has no indimidation factor whatsoever.. While KG after the game is eating a steak and bangiing his wife and the mistress at the same damn time.. Humphries gets some sushi and a manicure and pedicure combo.. LOLOL

BUt seriously, Pierce and Garnett are only slightly better at this point in their careers than Humphries and Wallace.. I actually think Pierce is done.. the dude is shot, Iman Shumpert owned him and embarassed him with tenacious D in the 1st round against the celtics.. He dominated Pierce so bad , it forced Doc Rivers to say Shumpert was the best player on the court in the series clinching game 6 win..

I heard they were making a run at Kyle Korver.. I think he has since been re-signed with Atlanta... correct?? Hes not a stiff 3 pt shooter like Steve Novak who has to catch the ball wide open and spot up and shoot his 3's.. Korver is an actual bball p[layer not just a shootrer.. I thought adding Korver to the Nets with his 3 point shooting ability and ability to run around screens and cut to the basket would make the Nets team significanty deeper adding Korver, KG and Pierce.. It would make them deeper and better
    Last edited by JoHnNyBoXeR; 07-04-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Bradford Dolittle is an incredible smart guy, Knicks apparently are going to win 2 more games than the Pistons

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Bradford Dolittle is an incredible smart guy, Knicks apparently are going to win 2 more games than the Pistons

He's right. Didn't the Knicks play .500 basketball when Amare came back? With him and Bargs I expect the Knicks to be about 3-5 games above .500.
    But he's prediction about the Knicks is a typo or oversight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!

He's right. Didn't the Knicks play .500 basketball when Amare came back? With him and Bargs I expect the Knicks to be about 3-5 games above .500.
    But he's prediction about the Knicks is a typo or oversight.
    Also brought to you by BSPN:

#Taped

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Also brought to you by BSPN:

#Taped
    the celtics took the heat to 7 games the year prior to these polls. can you really blame them?

Banned

the celtics took the heat to 7 games the year prior to these polls. can you really blame them?
    Well since the nets took a stackkedddd Bulls team to 7 games
    So if being realistic is hating, what's saying the Knicks will be the 6th seed then?

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Well since the nets took a stackkedddd Bulls team to 7 games
    So if being realistic is hating, what's saying the Knicks will be the 6th seed then?
    well because 4 other teams are better than them right now and a 5th team (hawks) could depending on what they do this FA period. heat, nets, bulls and pacers all one tier above the knicks. knicks should move to NJ and be called the NJ Knicks.

well because 4 other teams are better than them right now and a 5th team (hawks) could depending on what they do this FA period. heat, nets, bulls and pacers all one tier above the knicks. knicks should move to NJ and be called the NJ Knicks.
    And last year they were supposed to be 8th\7th seed. Idiots will be idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    And last year they were supposed to be 8th\7th seed. Idiots will be idiots.
    it's not the worlds fault that we expect the knicks to suck. i mean you guys were 25th in rebounding last season and instead of using the summer to fix your problems you go and get andrea bargnani who doesn't fix that problem. how can you call yourself a team when the moves you make are made just to counter what the nets are doing.

[COLOR="White"]love clowning on knicks fans.[/COLOR]

There is no way in hell nets win 64 games. Not because they cant, but because they will rest vets for the Playoffs, health is a factor too. Kidd wont be stupid to ride vets in RS, like Lakers did and Kobe was killed.

Dear ESPN. Please do not send a sample of what you are injecting.

The off season isn't even over. How can they know who to pick?

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Only reason some people are pessimistic or doubting the Nets is because of what happened to LA this past season. It's funny, because LA never even had a chance to show the world their prowess. Injuries crippled their season and they never had a shot at showing just how good they can be together. Plus a terrible head coach didn't help.

I think Jason Kidd will be a great coach; I always respected his intelligence on the court and his vision. Never thought he was a naturally gifted player, morelike, a genius on the court. So I think (and hope) he will have a successful coaching career.

Garnett & Pierce are old but experienced; Garnett even at his age will still bring intensity, leadership and experience. Pierce will bring a scoring punch plus the ability to hit big shots. Then you still have Deron, who many considered the best PG in the world 2-3 years ago (when he consistently dominated Paul); plus two other pretty lethal scorers in JJ and Lopez.

If they stay healthy, they'll do well. I don't think KG or Pierce will mind sacrificing their stats to win another title.

Best of luck to Brooklyn, will be watching them a lot this upcoming season.

Unsurprisingly, mad Knicks fans are trolling this thread.