Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Grinder's 2011 Final Mock Draft (1-60)

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    grinder, since you're the most accomplished scout on ish, could you explain the logic of tristan thompson at 4? i dont get it, i dont see what he does better than valanciunas, and how he can play alongside hickson
    I don't know about that, but thanks.

I didn't really get the Thompson pick either and to be honest, I was surprised to see him even in the discussion as a top 10 pick when the draft discussions began. He's got the tools to be an elite defender and blocks shots at a high rate...I watched him completely lock up Derrick Williams, and he projects to be a pretty solid P'n'R defender as well.

I understand he's athletic, long, and plays with a high motor but he looked extremely limited offensively at Texas. He's got pretty much no semblance of a jumper, is an awful free throw shooter, and doesn't have much in the post. Almost all his offense is on hustle points and on athleticism. I don't see how he fits with Hickson unless they plan on playing JJ at center.

I think Valanciunas would have been a better pick but they didn't feel like waiting on him to come over for a year. Valanciunas isn't nearly as strong as Thompson and doesn't have the athleticism, but he's much more of a true big man with better offensive potential.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Since you really seem to know your stuff what do you think about Denver's draft? Good value? How does Hamilton and Faried project on the next level in your opinion?.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    No chance Knicks would take Shumpert over Singleton.

Shumpert has become a real option for the Knicks (unfortunately), but not if Singleton is on the board.
    You were wrong.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Shumpert has become a real option for the Knicks (unfortunately), but not if Singleton is on the board.
    Oops....

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Since you really seem to know your stuff what do you think about Denver's draft? Good value? How does Hamilton and Faried project on the next level in your opinion?.
    I think Denver scored big in this draft.

Getting Hamilton where they got him is an absolute steal. He's one of the best scorers in the draft and is big enough to play the 3 and has the scoring instincts to play the 2. He's a multidimensional scorer who can shoot and is good in the low post as well. The problem is, with Afflalo, Gallinari, and Chandler all playing heavy minutes, he'll probably have a small role for the time being. If given regular rotation minutes, he could be a double digit scorer off the bench in his rookie season. In starter's minutes, he could eventually be an 18-20 ppg guy.

Faried is an elite, albeit undersized, rebounder. He's relentless and plays with a ton of heart and energy. His athleticism, strength, and motor helps make up for lack of size though. He's not much of an offensive player, but on the Nuggets he doesn't need to be. His post defense isn't bad either. He'll be a good replacement for K-Mart. I think he'll be a better version of Reggie Evans. I'm really surprised that Portland passed on him.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

Got Tanguy Ngombo at 57.
    How in the world did you even know who that guy was, haha?

Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    How in the world did you even know who that guy was, haha?
    I was on vacation in Asia and I saw him dominating some of the games in the tourney.