Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What would happen if an Ape had sex with a female human?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    on a vaguely related note, I once had a boss whos wife was a zoo vet tech. She had to jerk off a passed out orangutan for artificial insemination. Not sure if that counts for you, lilharvard, but I could bust to that hot action.
    Haha ! That's nasty.. Your boss was jelly

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    hey there, lilharvard, what kind of ape?
    a gorilla?
    a chimpanzee?
    a bonobo?
    another human?
    an orangutan?

or what about a lesser ape, the gibbon?

unless it were the naked ape, I dont think it would happen.

Now, the interesting question is whether anatomically modern humans could knock up neanderthals (and vice versa obviously). What do you think?
    My initial thoughts were gorilla.

Sheer strength and size and the possibilty of creating a super gorillman would be insane of course but in reality a chimpanzee would be the best bet. DNA sequences are extremely similar but a gorillahuman would be the ultimate.

Great scott

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    DIZ *****!!

Haven't seen him in forever...

Not ewing...

-Smak
    That's not me, that's Zen on my account.

Since he "collects" accounts he refused to let me use it again when I decided to post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Only animals of the same species can reproduce. Nothing would occur on the reproduction front.
    Thats not true, it is actually possible to mate a primate and a human, but has never been done due to being incredibly ethically offensive. It would be like a donkey and a horse mating to make a mule. It would be some freak probably. Personally, I would like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Thats not true, it is actually possible to mate a primate and a human, but has never been done due to being incredibly ethically offensive. It would be like a donkey and a horse mating to make a mule. It would be some freak probably. Personally, I would like to see it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanzee

Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov was the first to actually attempt to create a human–ape hybrid.[9] As early as 1910 he had given a presentation to the World Congress of Zoologists in Graz, Austria in which he described the possibility of obtaining such a hybrid through artificial insemination.
    In 1924, while working at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, Ivanov obtained permission from the Institute's directors to use its experimental primate station in Kindia, French Guinea, for such an experiment. Ivanov attempted to gain backing for his project from the Soviet government. He dispatched letters to the People's Commissar on Education and Science Anatoliy Vasilievich Lunacharsky and to other officials. Ivanov's proposal finally sparked the interest of Nikolai Petrovich Gorbunov, the head of the Department of Scientific Institutions. In September 1925 Gorbunov helped allocate US$10,000 to the USSR Academy of Sciences (now the Russian Academy of Sciences) for Ivanov's human-ape hybridization experiments in Africa.
    In March 1926 Ivanov arrived at the Kindia facility, but stayed only a month without success. The Kindia site, it turned out, had no sexually mature chimpanzees. He returned to France where he arranged through correspondence with French Guinea's colonial governor to set up experiments at the botanical gardens in Conakry.
    Ivanov reached Conakry in November 1926 accompanied by his son, also named Ilya, who would assist him in his experiments. Ivanov supervised the capture of adult chimpanzees in the interior of the colony, which were brought to Conakry and kept in cages in the botanical gardens. On February 28, 1927, Ivanov artificially inseminated two female chimpanzees with human sperm. On June 25, he artificially inseminated a third chimpanzee with human sperm. The Ivanovs left Africa in July with thirteen chimps, including the three used in his experiments. They already knew before leaving that the first two chimpanzees had failed to become pregnant. The third died in France, and was also found not to have been pregnant. The remaining chimps were sent to a new primate station at Sukhumi.
    Although Ivanov attempted to organize the insemination of human females with chimpanzee sperm in Guinea, these plans met with resistance from the French colonial government and there is no evidence such an experiment was arranged there.
    Upon his return to the Soviet Union in 1927, Ivanov began an effort to organize hybridization experiments at Sukhumi using ape sperm and human females. Eventually in 1929, through the help of Gorbunov, he obtained the support of the Society of Materialist Biologists, a group associated with the Communist Academy. In the spring of 1929 the Society set up a commission to plan Ivanov's experiments at Sukhumi. They decided that at least five volunteer women would be needed for the project. However, in June 1929, before any inseminations had taken place, Ivanov learned that the only postpubescent male ape remaining at Sukhumi (an orangutan) had died. A new set of chimps would not arrive at Sukhumi until the summer of 1930.
    It was the Soviet dictator's dream: Soldiers with no fear, with superhuman strength and endurance, who would follow any order, eat anything, and ignore pain or injury. Workers who could do the labor of ten men without complaint, with no thought of personal time off, and no desire for pay. A force to carry the Soviet Union through its Five-Year Plan for economic development, and to make the nation invincible in war. Stalin's goal, according to modern mythology, was no less than a slave race of scientifically bred beings that were half human and half ape; a race he hoped would combine tremendous physical strength, dumb loyalty, and a human's ability to follow direction and perform complex tasks. But how much of this is true, and how much of it is the invention of modern writers and filmmakers looking for the sensational story?

It's no secret that a renowned Russian biologist, Il'ya Ivanovich Ivanov, spent much of his career working on just this. Around 1900 he gained great fame and national acclaim with his work on artificially inseminating horses, increasing the number of horses that could be bred by a factor of about twenty. For a preindustrialized nation, this was a tremendous economic accomplishment. Primarily funded by the Veterinary Department of the Russian Interior Ministry, Ivanov carried this technology to its next logical step, the creation of specialized hybrid animals for agricultural and industrial purposes, as well as for the sake of advancing the science. His artificial insemination experiments successfully crossed many closely related species: donkeys and zebras, mice and rats and other rodents, birds, and various species of cattle.

As early as 1910, Ivanov lectured on the possibility of crossing humans and apes, citing artificial insemination as the method of choice due to prevailing ethical objections to, well, interspecies partying, for lack of a better term. However, before he could make any progress, Ivanov's work came to an abrupt halt in 1917 with the Russian Revolution, which effectively dissolved most existing government programs and eliminated all of his funding. The new Soviet government was committed to technical innovation and science, but it took seven long years for Ivanov to rebuild his network of support. Ivanov's entire career could be fairly characterized as a constant fundraising effort, desperately seeking resources for his hybridization dream and other projects, and failing nine times out of ten. He should have been so lucky as to have the government come to him with an offer, much less an order.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    my understanding is that it is unclear, as its never been done (outside of the island of dr moreau, mwah haha)

A donkey and a horse are two species of the same genus.
    Homo sapiens is the only living species of its genus (Homo). Chimp and bonobos belong to another genus (Pan).
    So the mule example doesn't mean aything.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I'm pretty sure DeMarcas Ware's mother was raped by a silverback...

Quote Originally Posted by Zedja
    What would happen if Pauk had sex with a female?
    Thou mortal female having fornication with thou supreme being would cause oblivion upon her and mountains would crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call and the voices in the waves are always whispering to Florence, in their ceaseless murmuring, eternal and illimitable, not bounded by the confines of this world, or by the end of time, but ranging still, beyond the sea, beyond the sky, to the invisible country far away thou "Pauk" would continue to exist from all eternity and, behold, he is there; and shall exist for thou being has no end.
    Last edited by pauk; 07-27-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

+

=

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    A donkey and a horse are two species of the same genus.
    Homo sapiens is the only living species of its genus (Homo). Chimp and bonobos belong to another genus (Pan).
    So the mule example doesn't mean aything.
    Wrong, Chimps and human could mate the DNA sequences are basically identical.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    I didn't say they cannot. I have no idea.
    I just said that the donkey-horse example is misleading.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Isn't that what happens when a bla....

Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard