Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Looper is getting amazing reviews

Question: Near the end, after the field TK scene, why didn't old Joe automatically went back to his time?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Question: Near the end, after the field TK scene, why didn't old Joe automatically went back to his time?
    I'm confused as to why you think he would go back to his time. The way this movie was set up was that the existence each individual version of himself is effected by the past version of himself, so if the past version of himself dies, then the future version would no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I'm confused as to why you think he would go back to his time. The way this movie was set up was that the existence each individual version of himself is effected by the past version of himself, so if the past version of himself dies, then the future version would no longer exist.
    I mean at the point of time between "After the TK ends" and "Before Young Joe kill himself". There's a period of time where Old Joe was falling down and then getting up and then pointing a gun at the mother. But since at that point Cid wouldn't be Rainmaker (unless Old Joe kills his mother), shouldn't he automatically go back to his time (Then Young Joe wouldn't need to kill himself)?

Banned

Dump her.

Zen - It looked like it was a surgeon or something, so I think the young version of the friend was unconscious while they removed limbs. They didn't need to torture him, just strike the fear of God in the old version of him to get him to come to them.
    Anti Heros' chick is too good looking to dump for such a trivial reason..lol

Yeah your right, I was a bit too lose in calling it torture..lol.. but im sure it would have been cool to see the progressive maiming and severing of body parts... But id argue.. that all the things being done would be a sort of torture for that older version. Maybe its just me but i think id be tormented by wounds manifesting themselves on my body and my anatomy decomposing before my very eyes..lol

I mean at the point of time between "After the TK ends" and "Before Young Joe kill himself". There's a period of time where Old Joe was falling down and then getting up and then pointing a gun at the mother. But since at that point Cid wouldn't be Rainmaker (unless Old Joe kills his mother), shouldn't he automatically go back to his time (Then Young Joe wouldn't need to kill himself)?
    Why wouldn't Cid be Rainmaker anymore at that point? The thing that stopped him from becoming Rainmaker (assumed) was stopping old Joe from killing the mother, and nothing stopped him yet until young Joe killed himself. Using the TK didn't stop old Joe from killing the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Anti Heros' chick is too good looking to dump for such a trivial reason..lol
    I would hope that nobody breaks up with somebody simply because some stranger online says they should

Why wouldn't Cid be Rainmaker anymore at that point? The thing that stopped him from becoming Rainmaker (assumed) was stopping old Joe from killing the mother, and nothing stopped him yet until young Joe killed himself. Using the TK didn't stop old Joe from killing the mother.
    Umm Cid wouldn't be rainmaker because he made connection with Sara.

Umm Cid wouldn't be rainmaker because he made connection with Sara.
    But if Sara was killed by old Joe after that moment, then he would have even more rage in him, meaning he very easily could still turn into Rainmaker.

But if Sara was killed by old Joe after that moment, then he would have even more rage in him, meaning he very easily could still turn into Rainmaker.
    Thats the thing, Old Joe should disappear as soon as the field TK thing ended and gone back to his time since if he didn't kill Sara then Cid won't become Rainmaker.

Banned

Thats the thing, Old Joe should disappear as soon as the field TK thing ended and gone back to his time since if he didn't kill Sara then Cid won't become Rainmaker.
    Cid has the abilities. Has the relationship with Loopers. Knows the things young Joe expressed.

Just because he wont be an evil man that reigns terror, doesnt mean that he wont be a rainmaker seeking his version of justice.

Hes still going to become an adult that has more power than anyone in their day has ever encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Cid has the abilities. Has the relationship with Loopers. Knows the things young Joe expressed.

Just because he wont be an evil man that reigns terror, doesnt mean that he wont be a rainmaker seeking his version of justice.

Hes still going to become an adult that has more power than anyone in their day has ever encountered.
    Yeah he could become some other kind of rainmaker...and that has nothing to do with Old Joe

That... doesn't make any sense. Why did that stop him from killing her? It only delayed it. In fact, that moment didn't stop him from killing anybody. Old Joe injured Cid (Sara wasn't even in the line of fire yet), then Cid had his TK moment which Sara had him stop when they connected emotionally. Not sure how any of that stops Joe from shooting again. It is only after that moment when Sara stepped in front of the gun that would have set up the situation that created Cid as an angry mobster.

I'm honestly completely lost as to how you think that moment stopped Joe. Nobody stopped Joe until young Joe did.

Banned

I'm honestly completely lost as to how you think that moment stopped Joe.

THIS.

That... doesn't make any sense. Why did that stop him from killing her? It only delayed it. In fact, that moment didn't stop him from killing anybody. Old Joe injured Cid (Sara wasn't even in the line of fire yet), then Cid had his TK moment which Sara had him stop when they connected emotionally. Not sure how any of that stops Joe from shooting again. It is only after that moment when Sara stepped in front of the gun that would have set up the situation that created Cid as an angry mobster.

I'm honestly completely lost as to how you think that moment stopped Joe. Nobody stopped Joe until young Joe did.
    Well, assuming Cid connecting with Sara was the thing that prevented him from becoming Rainmaker, then why wouldn't Joe be transported back to the future at that moment? The future was already changed by that moment.

Banned

Well, assuming Cid connecting with Sara was the thing that prevented him from becoming Rainmaker, then why wouldn't Joe be transported back to the future at that moment? The future was already changed by that moment.
    You are suffering from tunnel vision. The big picture awaits you.