Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who's the better player KD or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    He reached Kobe's prime levels, but not his peak.
    This ^^^. The best post in this thread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Why would you do that? He's not gonna wait five years holding the ****ing gun to your head, chances are that after like a minute you'd be free and nobody would give a shit about your prediction.
    It's not about him holding the gun for five years.

I'm saying if someone made me choose which player I'll think is better in 5 years...I'd go with KD.

My point was that I think there is a lot of unknown to see how KD does in certain pressure situations. I think KD will come through and play great...and so I'd lean towards KD over Kobe if someone made me choose.

But, luckily for us, we get to find out the answers to those unknown questions...especially with KD because he's on a contender that looks to not be going anywhere for some time.

So we get to see KD at his best playing with equal or better help than anyone else. How he and his teams do will key us into a lot of those unknown things in my opinion.

Again, this is just my opinion, I really don't want to argue about why we can't currently rank KD and Kobe. It's all about the playoffs for me...I clearly value them much more than most here. So this is just me...right or wrong...

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I haven't ever really looked much at that. In my opinion though...I'd say 00 and 01 Kobe was pretty damn awesome defensively. Certainly better than anything I've seen from Durant to date.

But I'd have to go look at a lot of shit...not really in the mood. I think it's fair to say that Kobe at his best defensively was better than KD. If someone disputes...let them present their case.
    Yeah, I'm too lazy too right now.

That 2000 Lakers defense was beast. Best in the league by far, think they allowed only 92 point per game, and had the best OPP FG% and best OPP 3 PT%. Obviously that wasn't all incurred because of Kobe, but those numbers indicate they had the best perimeter defense in the league, and Kobe was the best perimeter defender on that team.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four

"When you look at me, Carmelo (Anthony), LeBron and Paul George, what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did," Durant told Medina. "We live in a world of what have you done for me lately. We don’t remember the day before sometimes. Think back five, six, years ago what he was doing. It’s unheard of."
    Wow, speak for yourself servant.

[COLOR="Magenta"]ITS KD

AND TBH

Its nt close [/COLOR]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Durant and it really isn't even close.

LeBron is better than both of them though.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Kobe wins championships

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Durant. There is no unbiased argument for Kobe being as good as this version of Durant. Kobe obviously has the greater career though.

As someone once posted on here, this version of Durant is closer to peak Lebron than any version of Kobe is to Durant.

Lebron >> Durant >>>> Kobe

All I know is CP3 couldn't dream of shutting Kobe down in the 4th qtr. of a playoff game

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    All I know is CP3 couldn't dream of shutting Kobe down in the 4th qtr. of a playoff game
    I know, right?

No way in hell you would get away with putting a midget PG on Kobe. He would literally score on CP3 every possession, and Kobe is 5 inches shorter than Durant for ****'s sake.