Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Teletovic : Best or Bust?

I was wondering what type of player he is so i checked out Nets game tonight. He literally chucked any time he got the ball even without thinking passing it. No hesitation at all. Almost like a sabotage.

So I did some little researched in some forums what people was thinking about him before joining Nets...

Generally they say he is the most selfish player they have ever seen and try to shoot whenever he gets ball in his hands. He has great range but inconsistent. Some games he shoot good and become hero other days he is chucking and killing the team. He doesn't even think pass the ball, let alone assists. No rebound etc. (Of course there are some Teletovic fans as well and praise his crazy range etc. and saying he is the best)

He looks like retarded and crippled same time on court. I know it sounds harsh but that's probably the truth. I don't think he'll stay in NBA so long.4 minutes was enough for me wonder wtf is wrong with this guy I think he is a bust and he'll go back to Europe in a year or two. Maybe not even that much.

What worse Nets verbally agreed 15.6 million dollars for 3 years but fortunately (!) they signed with him 9 ****ing million dollars !!!...

Note : His career assits average in Europe: 0.7 in 27 minutes per game.

I think Europe fooled Nets organization big time.

Default Re: Teletovic : Best or Bust?

Last 4 minutes he is back in the game again... let's see.

He doesn't rebound or play D well enough to get minutes. But its hard to judge him yet. He's new to the NBA and seemingly tried to bulk up which was a mistake as it affected his shot. He was originally going to get the full Mle but took the smaller one so the Nets could pursue Dwight, who he was ideally meant to be paired with. He shares the same American agent as D.Will, so there was an agenda. Also if the Nets didn't sign him the Cavs were ready to.

I'll wait until the end of the year to really form an opinion. But at the time the signing made sense as we didn't have a single PF under contract, even though it cost us GG.

I think it's impossible for Avery to like this guy. "Defense" & "Intense" is all Avery Johnson goes crazy about.

Extremely soft & unathletic for PF. I wanna say maybe he'll be good in future but he is already 27 years old. If he understands the offensive flow better and hit those long jumpers he can be Novak type of guy. I don't expect more fromhim at this point.

I'm disappointed. There were some guys with Mirza avatar on ISH. I guess i caught in their hype in early season.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

He was supposed to be our Steve Novak. So far Stack has taken that role and Mirza has been on the bench every game. Right now the Nets are winning so there's no reason to try and mesh him into the lineup. MarShon NEEDS to play and I'm not going to keep saying this crap every game. Childress should never play. MarShon is losing confidence and this guy can be a key contributor for this team but he needs to play.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    I think it's impossible for Avery to like this guy. "Defense" & "Intense" is all Avery Johnson goes crazy about.

Extremely soft & unathletic for PF. I wanna say maybe he'll be good in future but he is already 27 years old. If he understands the offensive flow better and hit those long jumpers he can be Novak type of guy. I don't expect more fromhim at this point.

I'm disappointed. There were some guys with Mirza avatar on ISH. I guess i caught in their hype in early season.
    Avery tried to give him a chance in pre-season, he just can't afford to lose games.

I don't think he's that soft or even that unathletic (I've seen some nice dunks), he just is slow and gained too much weight, where he's not carrying it well or shooting well.

I think he needs to be played at the 3 ideally.. Peja/Hedo/Novak style. He will get beat, but at least there will be another line of defense, as opposed to him being a PF.

Age thing I don't pay much mind to.. he's new to the NBA, had to bring over a wife and kids and deal with a hurricane. I don't think he's ready in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    He doesn't rebound or play D well enough to get minutes. But its hard to judge him yet. He's new to the NBA and seemingly tried to bulk up which was a mistake as it affected his shot. He was originally going to get the full Mle but took the smaller one so the Nets could pursue Dwight, who he was ideally meant to be paired with. He shares the same American agent as D.Will, so there was an agenda. Also if the Nets didn't sign him the Cavs were ready to.

I'll wait until the end of the year to really form an opinion. But at the time the signing made sense as we didn't have a single PF under contract, even though it cost us GG.
    Bulk up? Why in the hell would he need to bulk up? He was already about 260 pounds last year. Anyway, Teletovic can't play in any team with success unless he is allowed to shoot as much as he wants to.

That's just the reality of it. The guy has no conscience and will shoot it whenever he can, from any distance. You either let him do that, or you bench him. Pretty simple.

He can REALLY light it up on offense though when he is on. I mean REALLY light it up.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    He was supposed to be our Steve Novak. So far Stack has taken that role and Mirza has been on the bench every game. Right now the Nets are winning so there's no reason to try and mesh him into the lineup. MarShon NEEDS to play and I'm not going to keep saying this crap every game. Childress should never play. MarShon is losing confidence and this guy can be a key contributor for this team but he needs to play.
    Josh Childress is easily one of the worst players I haver ever seen in the Euroleague or the NBA. It's unbelievable how good that guy's agent is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Avery tried to give him a chance in pre-season, he just can't afford to lose games.

I don't think he's that soft or even that unathletic (I've seen some nice dunks), he just is slow and gained too much weight, where he's not carrying it well or shooting well.

I think he needs to be played at the 3 ideally.. Peja/Hedo/Novak style. He will get beat, but at least there will be another line of defense, as opposed to him being a PF.

Age thing I don't pay much mind to.. he's new to the NBA, had to bring over a wife and kids and deal with a hurricane. I don't think he's ready in many ways.
    There is not a chance in hell that Teletovic can play at SF. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Josh Childress is easily one of the worst players I haver ever seen in the Euroleague or the NBA. It's unbelievable how good that guy's agent is.

Yes one of the worse players you have ever seen in Euroleague was selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and was 2nd in scoring, tied for 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists, tied for 3rd in steals and tied for 1st in blocks on a team that made the Euroleague final.

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

He needs some playing time, who can get used to the nba with dnp-cd's and 3 minutes a game. and no he didnt even get a chance in the preseason tbh as i kept an eye on those games. We'll see what happens with him, so far the nba has imprisoned him. However the comment above that said he needs to adjust to the way of life here thats a half true. He's from spain where i've stayed, yeah new york is bigger and he's probably never seen a hurricane but there are cities in spain that are just as fast paced. He'll be fine, def too soon to call a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Yes one of the worse players you have ever seen in Euroleague was selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and was 2nd in scoring, tied for 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists, tied for 3rd in steals and tied for 1st in blocks on a team that made the Euroleague final.
    STFU you god damn troll.

Childress was an absolute JOKE with Olympiacos.

Bulk up? Why in the hell would he need to bulk up? He was already about 260 pounds last year. Anyway, Teletovic can't play in any team with success unless he is allowed to shoot as much as he wants to.

That's just the reality of it. The guy has no conscience and will shoot it whenever he can, from any distance. You either let him do that, or you bench him. Pretty simple.

He can REALLY light it up on offense though when he is on. I mean REALLY light it up.
    Agreed, when he's on, he can win any game by himself, but you need to let him shoot.

STFU you god damn troll.

Childress was an absolute JOKE with Olympiacos.

Funny how this joke was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and was selected to All-Euroleague 2nd team.

Serious playground baller Arroyo8's Avatar

bust