Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

u guys think pop expected to lose @miami on a back-2-bAck so he just said **** it. or was it to preserve the old people.

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

I'm with Stern on this although he should have been angry last year as well. Pop's actions are unacceptable and a slap in the face to:

- TNT who paid an outrageous sum to broadcast the game
    - Advertisers who paid TNT to run ads tonight
    - Fans eager for a great early-season matchup
    - Customers who spent their hard-earned money to go to the game

Chuck might still salvage the entertainment value of this broadcast but I hope Stern brings the hammer down...

Learning to shoot layups jl1718's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    And? I cant just start sitting out of work tomorrow because I dont like the scheduling. Wtf.

They get paid MASSIVELY more than I do.
    If your boss told you to take the day off with pay you would take it.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Now, imagine the people that paid for tickets?
    i take the metrorail and there were 4 heat fans with jerseys on heading to the game, 2 little girls and parents. SMDH atleast they'll get to see the big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I'm with Stern on this although he should have been angry last year as well. Pop's actions are unacceptable and a slap in the face to:

- TNT who paid an outrageous sum to broadcast the game
    - Advertisers who paid TNT to run ads tonight
    - Fans eager for a great early-season matchup
    - Customers who spent their hard-earned money to go to the game

Chuck might still salvage the entertainment value of this broadcast but I hope Stern brings the hammer down...

Exactly. Stop this shit before it spreads around the league, and you see other teams doing this.

Miami Heat fans shouldn't be upset I can see 2kWade and VideoGameJames putting on an absolute circus show now that Pop decided to be a tard. James for 50?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    David Stern just sent out this scathing statement criticizing the San Antonio Spurs.

"I apologize to all NBA fans. This was an unacceptable decision by the San Antonio Spurs and substantial sanctions will be forthcoming.''

Besides fining him (for not playing his players in a regular season game), I wonder what is he going to do? And Pop sat his players out or gave them days off lots of times before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Considering people will be over this in exactly 4 days or something.... No, it doesn't... Most people around the country don't even like watching the Spurs anyways. They got some of the lowest ratings in the playoffs... and those are the playoffs! lol

This. People are bitching just to be bitching. First the Spurs are boring, now everyone wants to see them play? Lol

Lol! Pop just trolled TNT real hard! Not that big of deal anyways, we're all gonna watch Saints vs Falcons!

Or maybe this is just is way of saying, "I know we can't beat the Heat, so we're gonna sit out this game and save us the embarrassment."

Banned

I went from planning to watch Thursday Night Football to watching this game because I'm excited to see Mills score big time as well as see guys like DeColo play!

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Miami Heat fans shouldn't be upset I can see 2kWade and VideoGameJames putting on an absolute circus show now that Pop decided to be a tard. James for 50?
    Nah I don't think he will play more than 25-30 mins. He shouldnt anyway.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    I went from planning to watch Thursday Night Football to watching this game because I'm excited to see Mills score big time as well as see guys like DeColo play!
    But dude... you're not supposed to be excited! ... This is barely even an NBA game, man.

Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

His team, his choice.

Pop is not in this business to entertain, he's here to win.

One thing if it there was a big break in the schedule, but damn, I don't blame him for doing this.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

what about people who bet on the spurs smh.

Banned

They can't fine the Spurs or Pop because they can say the players are injured.

I love how Pop chose a national televised game to do this.

LOL @ Stern's press release....sorry to the fans? Are these players in a zoo...are they a circus side show?

They are ball players who get tired and screw the Miami fans or any casual fans thinking that these guys need to entertain us.