Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: I hate George Karl

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Seems like most pro coaches suck based on what teams' fanbases think.
    Except Sloan. He could do no wrong!

I've said it for years. You pay Karl to coach players hard, and make them develop habits. Carmelo Anthony maybe most of all, JR Smith, Nene, Afflalo, owe a hell of a lot to George Karl in terms of how they developed into players, and learned the game. Karl made Melo develop his post game as much as he has and figure out how to take what defenses give him in terms of how to figure out how to attack. Made JR develop other facets of his game (he didn't figure out how to incorporate it all until Woodson let him play, and JR could stop hating his coach). Hell I can go back and say a lot of the same for what he's done in the past with his other teams like with Payton and Kemp.

Karl is a basic principles coach, teaches habits that aren't complex at all. But when he faces a style that these principles don't work well against, or another coach simply makes adjustments to figure him out....that's when you get the first true 8 vs 1 upset and a poor playoff record overall in Denver. Yet a pleasing regular season record...teams don't really adjust that much in the regular season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Karl made Melo develop his post game as much as he has
    And was fortunate to have A.D. there to teach him all that he knew which was a lot.

Hell I can go back and say a lot of the same for what he's done in the past with his other teams like with Payton and Kemp.
    Payton was a disappointment for a few seasons before he put it together finally.

Karl needs to unleash McGee. I dont understand what he is waiting for

javale will never turn into tim duncan. but the guy has a huge impact when he's in the game. Especially with the recent Koufos sucking

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Karl needs to unleash McGee. I dont understand what he is waiting for

javale will never turn into tim duncan. but the guy has a huge impact when he's in the game. Especially with the recent Koufos sucking
    Karl doesn't like something about him (probably that he's from outer space) so he doesn't play him. I doubt it changes at any time.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    he ****s us out of every close game with his shitty play calling and rotations

**** having a superstar. give me a coach who at least can design a play where the ball gets inbounded
    You keep saying this, but Denver isn't winning shit until they get one.

dude, **** having a superstar

or even an all star

our offense is more than good enough without one, and i think a different coach would do more for our defense than a superstar (not counting LBJ)

I'd rather have a great TEAM like this, than any All Star not named LeBron (and maybe Rose). It's not like any of those will win either
    Last edited by kurple; 04-25-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Karl doesn't like something about him (probably that he's from outer space) so he doesn't play him. I doubt it changes at any time.
    me too. people are saying he's still working on McGee and that he will se "11mill minutes" eventually, but i dont see it happening.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Hilarious how half the posters in this thread are Melo stans. Trying to throw Karl under the bus to make Melo look better.

people just dont know how bad he is because no one cares about the Nuggets

- He is the MASTER of double standards
    - He has a bigger ego and is more stubborn than any player from the Melo era
    - He doesnt know how to even spell defense
    - We have lost waaay to many games because of his inability to draw up an decent inbound play

He is great at some aspects of the game. but sometimes i just wanna punch him in the face

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    I've said it for years. You pay Karl to coach players hard, and make them develop habits. Carmelo Anthony maybe most of all, JR Smith, Nene, Afflalo, owe a hell of a lot to George Karl in terms of how they developed into players, and learned the game. Karl made Melo develop his post game as much as he has and figure out how to take what defenses give him in terms of how to figure out how to attack. Made JR develop other facets of his game (he didn't figure out how to incorporate it all until Woodson let him play, and JR could stop hating his coach). Hell I can go back and say a lot of the same for what he's done in the past with his other teams like with Payton and Kemp.

Karl is a basic principles coach, teaches habits that aren't complex at all. But when he faces a style that these principles don't work well against, or another coach simply makes adjustments to figure him out....that's when you get the first true 8 vs 1 upset and a poor playoff record overall in Denver. Yet a pleasing regular season record...teams don't really adjust that much in the regular season.
    terribly inaccurate- ESP the Karl developed Carmelo's post game. Not even close. If anything Carmelo turned from a power 3 to a perimeter 3 over his time with Karl.

Seemed like an intelligent well written post- unless you followed the nugs

Karl was terrible on Carmelo and jr smiths career.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Hilarious how half the posters in this thread are Melo stans. Trying to throw Karl under the bus to make Melo look better.
    Karl fought with his stars pre Melo. Just because you think basketball started when Lebron entered the league doesn't make it true.