Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Jeremy Lamb. Who does he remind you of?

[QUOTE=Thorpesaurous]Somebody look up Kerry Kittles. Maybe I'm just too old.

Very similar build. Very similar catch and shoot off balance games. Good cutters. Good vision as passers. Both a little limited with the ball on the floor. Operating mostly off of shot fakes, one to two bounces, and the ability to get off weird shots from weird angles that defenders aren't ready for because their length makes them unpredictable releases. Both are similar defenders in that they play a ton in the passing lanes due to their wingspan, and both could defend smaller, because their arms really bother smaller ball handlers (guys like this I hated guarding me when I played, I was a 6', 200 lb PG, and I'd take a lighter lightning quick guy defending me any day.).

Kittles was a similarly dominant College player.

I'm not old by any means lol. But yea Kittles was up there with Ray Allen and Allen Iverson for player of the year in college. I agree with you that Jeremy lamb reminds me of him to great comparison

Facts Are Misleading

I am really surprised that he's only 6'5. I thought, just from watching him last night that he was in the 6'7 range. Jason Kidd is 6'4, and Lamb in my estimation would be noticeably taller.

Does anyone actually know Lambs height or just going by what the college says he is?

Based on what I have seen I think that he is being underrated by some here. Acting like he will struggle on defense etc and then comparing him Brandon Rush or Rudy Fernandez....

I'm gonna say that he becomes a top 5 shooting guard in the league in the league. I see some things with his understanding of the game, jab steps/utilization of spacing etc...

Watch...

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    I am really surprised that he's only 6'5. I thought, just from watching him last night that he was in the 6'7 range. Jason Kidd is 6'4, and Lamb in my estimation would be noticeably taller.

Does anyone actually know Lambs height or just going by what the college says he is?
    Well, listed heights and real heights are totally different things. Lamb has a legit 7'4 wingspan so thats what makes him seem so tall. I believe his true height is only 6'4 though. And Jason Kidd is not really 6'4.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

I'm gonna say that he becomes a top 5 shooting guard in the league in the league.

Watch...
    Really? I'm not seeing that all. Maybe I will after I watch him this year, but that's still a very lofty expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Really? I'm not seeing that all. Maybe I will after I watch him this year, but that's still a very lofty expectation.
    He is the ebst 2 in college this year, can score from any facet of the game. Pull up J, 3, J off screen, midrange game, drive to the hole... he has everything working for him so far.

I definitely wouldn't compare him to T-Mac. I've never seen Lamb create off the dribble like T-Mac could. I think he will be a really solid scoring wing in the NBA. Something like 17-18 a game and maybe an all-star appearance or two.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Well, listed heights and real heights are totally different things. Lamb has a legit 7'4 wingspan so thats what makes him seem so tall. I believe his true height is only 6'4 though. And Jason Kidd is not really 6'4.
    Dude has long arms but 7'4 wingspan? I don't think I've heard of another 6'5 guy with a wingspan that long.

Impressed with his ability to make shots off the dribble, though that was like the best scoring game of his career so...need to see more.

Learning to shoot layups kingofhandles's Avatar

jeremy lamb is soo underated

I rule the local playground

Wingspan is what matters in basketball. Who cares if he's 6'4/6'5 if he has a 7'4 wingspan. Not like he's blocking, shooting, passing with the top of his head. I like this kids game a lot. He was so important to UConn's national title run last year. He moves really well without the ball and unlike most scorers these days, he doesn't need to pound the ball for 4-5 seconds in order to get a good shot off. I think he's gonna have a tremendous year with kemba gone. He's gonna be the number one option and he'll plenty of opportunities to have explosive scoring games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Dude has long arms but 7'4 wingspan? I don't think I've heard of another 6'5 guy with a wingspan that long.

Impressed with his ability to make shots off the dribble, though that was like the best scoring game of his career so...need to see more.
    Just google Jeremy Lamb wingspan. 90% of the articles state he has 7-4 wingspan. Calhoun and teammates talk about it all the time.

There it is.
    Last edited by UConnCeltics; 11-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Somebody look up Kerry Kittles. Maybe I'm just too old.

Very similar build. Very similar catch and shoot off balance games. Good cutters. Good vision as passers. Both a little limited with the ball on the floor. Operating mostly off of shot fakes, one to two bounces, and the ability to get off weird shots from weird angles that defenders aren't ready for because their length makes them unpredictable releases. Both are similar defenders in that they play a ton in the passing lanes due to their wingspan, and both could defend smaller, because their arms really bother smaller ball handlers (guys like this I hated guarding me when I played, I was a 6', 200 lb PG, and I'd take a lighter lightning quick guy defending me any day.).

I'm not old by any means lol. But yea Kittles was up there with Ray Allen and Allen Iverson for player of the year in college. I agree with you that Jeremy lamb reminds me of him to great comparison
    You read my mind. Kittles is one of my all-time favorite college players.

Lamb is like Kittles with a freakish wing-span, especially a guard. No doubt he'll be an elite defender in the NBA.
    Last edited by Kujo; 11-12-2011 at 09:56 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Somebody look up Kerry Kittles. Maybe I'm just too old.

At the pro level, Kittles was hurt defensively by being overpowered, which will happen to Lamb, but he was still an adequate defender in that you could move him to a couple positions and he'd still play the passing lanes for you. And offensively he was less able to finish over people, which will also happen to Lamb (that Dunk he had the other night just isn't gonna happen at the pro level. His arms reached over a tipping defender for a crazy smash, but his frame won't make defenders tip at the next level, even if he fills out). He was a very good, not great, pro, who's career was sidelined a bit by injuries. I'd expect a similar pro game for Lamb, who hopefully remains a little healthier.
    Kerry Kittles was my dude!!!!

But Lamb somewhat reminds me of Tayshaun Prince. Shorter though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Just google Jeremy Lamb wingspan. 90% of the articles state he has 7-4 wingspan. Calhoun and teammates talk about it all the time.

There it is.
    OMFG.

Banned

Jeremy Lamb - 30 Points Vs Columbia (Complete Highlights)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tnkt...eature=related