Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Assassin's creed 3

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Just picked this game up yesterday and played for an hour or so. I haven't played any of the other ones, but the American Revolution is my favorite point in history. Did all the other ones start out this slow? Just doing a ton of running in completely pitch black environments and I'm not feeling it so far.

You've gotta get off the boat. Then it'll start to pick up. I felt that way too.

Just picked this game up yesterday and played for an hour or so. I haven't played any of the other ones, but the American Revolution is my favorite point in history. Did all the other ones start out this slow? Just doing a ton of running in completely pitch black environments and I'm not feeling it so far.
    If you're in it for the historical aspect, I would really recommend going back to the beginning. The original AC is a very repetitive game but I found it very thrilling because it was surrounding my favorite period at the time, the 3rd Crusade. I actually replayed it last year and still enjoyed the main storyline immensely.

Don't feed the chickens in public, it was apparently illegal back then.

Haha, wtf? Never had that happen to me.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Just beat it over the weekend. I could really stand to not have the Desmond storyline at all, which I've said before.

That said it was a reasonable ending to his story arc. I just wasn't thrilled with the running around at the end trying to trigger all the jibberish cut scenes.

I also pulled down some DLC. Added a few dopey missions, but nothing huge. I have a few more Naval Battles to do. I'm a little perturbed about the financial layout, because I'm a lot of dollars from maxing out my ship upgrades, and I don't have many money making options left short of killing random soldiers or tracking down animals. And I don't want to do these missions without upping my ship first.

I'm not sure how much more I'm going to play.

I'm short on three lists. I still need to catch the Courier. I have to observe a bunch of Homestead activities. And I obviously missed a George Washington speach. I don't see killing myself to get these couple things as a possiblility, but we'll see.

I was at Gamestop yesterday picking up a WWE13 for a christmas gift, and I grabbed the complete Walking Dead game for like 20 bucks, so I may give that a go. And I also still have Hitman sitting around waiting to be loaded up.

Finished an hour ago. Really solid ending for Desmond like you guys said. Pleased with the way Connor's story ended. The only thing I didn't like was the bar scene. I was kinda like... Alright. Felt like a bit of a let down compared to previous games where the final kill is usually a big deal, and a very long sequence. In comparison it felt kinda short to me. Also I doubt I'll ever get full sync on that mission.

Terrific game. Early rumors are the 4th one will be set in Brazil. After last year's rumors that this one was going to take place in Egypt, I still want that. But Brazil could be a fantastic place as well. I just really hope they take their time and put it out in 2-3 years.

Anyone else getting the King George DLC?

So I'm playing through this game again and the Paul Revere midnight ride part is just ridiculous. "Try avoiding the attention of the redcoa-TO THE LEFT CONNOR!"

You'd think they would have put more effort into that mission, considering it is a pretty well known story in American history.

Yes, I wanted to kill Paul Revere. Part of me thinks they made Revere a loudmouth on purpose.

I enjoyed the Revere part. Honestly the only thing that annoyed me about that was the fact that the doors never lit up like they're supposed to say Hey press B here to interact. So I had to walk around to all of them and hit b from multiple angles to beat the mission. But I got full sync first time easily.

The door you need is lit up in eagle vision though. It's just tough to see unless you're somewhat close.

It didn't work for me, don't know why.

Recipes are so pointless. I have one homestead mission left and it's the separate these two dudes fighting and for the life of me, I cannot beat it.

Almost got all the ship missions done except one, and I need to do some more upgrades on the ship, need about a ton of feathers after buying that map, 8 chests, and a ton of club missions left. I wish there was an easy way to see what club missions there are to do.

Oh and two forts, one of which I need to find, but obviously it's with one of those chests. Every time I spawned into a fort to get the treasure chest (I rarely do the unlock the chest things because I hate those) there's always one red coat there, and all the patriots run and start hitting/stabbing him.
    Last edited by Rose; 12-22-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Yeah the door's aren't as bright, but they're definitely lit up in eagle vision.

Haha. Yeah I struggled with the separating the dudes thing too. You have to use both sticks to push them apart little by little. It's pretty annoying. If you still gotta do that I think you have a lot more homestead missions left...

Just popped the game back in and had an update. I now see hunting club missions on my map. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Yeah the door's aren't as bright, but they're definitely lit up in eagle vision.

Haha. Yeah I struggled with the separating the dudes thing too. You have to use both sticks to push them apart little by little. It's pretty annoying. If you still gotta do that I think you have a lot more homestead missions left...
    I tried again, and I couldn't do it after ten more minutes. I might hit it again tomorrow, watch a little youtube on it, and then tackle it. I can't believe I'm struggling at this one. Well I was assuming it was the last one because I've done 5-6 others that were already on the map. I enjoy the homestead missions.

The boston brawler sailor guy is killing me too. I rage quit after we ko'd each other at the same time.

The hunting club ones so far are pretty solid. I need one more bear claw on that one. Spent a good 30-40 minutes finding bears.

Yeah there's a ton more homestead missions. Some are annoying as hell, but the end is worth it.

I was actually talking about the hunting missions that are like actual side missions, like where you have to find the man eater bear, alpha wolf, etc. I just finished all of those and the Boston brawler missions.

With the sailor you have to disarm him first. Or cheat like I did and have your assassins as your bodyguards before you start the fight and let them do most of your work.

The ropemaker one was the toughest. You have to get him close to a table and let Connor use that to knock him out.