Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chandler and Okafur officially traded.

Charlotte just got quite a bit worse.

How the **** was Houston not ALL OVER Okafor??????!?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

he was born in the H.

Decent playground baller BeebCats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr. bob's bunch
    The Charlotte residents in this thread know what's up. Don't look for Emeka to be converting many of those alley oops a healthy Tyson made highlight reels with.

As long as chandler is healthy and can actually play, this trade will be good. I'm starting to see the brighter side... okafor's main perk was his defense. Chandler is arguably as good or better. We didn't rely on okafor's offense at all, so there's no change there -- except maybe more points, because chandler will convert more of those under the basket touches imo. Oh, and less possessions wasted on getting his shot packed into the stands.

I like Okafor though, wish him the best in NO

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Good job, Mike. And I can't people still spell it "Okafur".
    I "can't people" still either.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
    I "can't people" still either.
    tou che.

Does anyone find it odd that two players, probably roughly the same age, who play the exact same position, with similar dollar amounts per year on contract, with somewhat similar skillsets, end up being traded for each other in basically a straight up trade? Weird.....

It's like trading Chris Paul for Deron Williams....Wha????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Does anyone find it odd that two players, probably roughly the same age, who play the exact same position, with similar dollar amounts per year on contract, with somewhat similar skillsets, end up being traded for each other in basically a straight up trade? Weird.....

It's like trading Chris Paul for Deron Williams....Wha????
    Chris Paul for Deron Williams is a great comparison.

Emeka is listed as a significantly better player statistically (Paul), yet people are deluded into believing Emeka (Paul) and Chandler (Deron) are on par players.

This will give more scoring opurtunities to the Bobcat's wing players since they aren't forcefeeding Okafor shots. Chandler will probably get all his buckets on putbacks and fastbreaks.

New Orleans actually has gotten worse. They lost size. Okafor will be exposed nightly against the gargantuan centers of the Western conference. He also is not the open court player that Tyson is, and does not play above the rim to make up for his lack of size.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    New Orleans actually has gotten worse. They lost size. Okafor will be exposed nightly against the gargantuan centers of the Western conference. He also is not the open court player that Tyson is, and does not play above the rim to make up for his lack of size.
    I agree with this (for the most part). I dont think his D will suffer significantly, but he is clearly not as good in the open court and doesnt finish above the rim. chandler looked so good because paul set him up with those types of opportunities. Okafor wont finish those as well IMO

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

NOH - lottery bound?

Good college starter

Chandler was awful this season. He averaged 8/8 and was always the bench with an injury.

I've got no doubt Paul will find a way to make use of Okafor. He did tons of damage in college when there were teammates who hung around the post.
    Last edited by yobore; 07-28-2009 at 02:45 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

What gargantuan centers? Kaman and Dampier? Outside of Bynum, there aren't that many big athletic centers out west.

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    Chandler was awful this season. He averaged 8/8 and was always the bench with an injury.

There is no doubt Paul will definitely find a way to make use of Okafor. He did tons of damage in college when there were teammates who hung around the post.
    Yeah he was hurt last season. He has had ample time to recover from his toe injury. Emeka dominating during college does not mean as much because his dominance occured at the height of the one and done era. He did not really go up against the best young talent. They were for the most part, already in the NBA. As a person that watched a lot of Bobcats games, I can tell you that Okafor is fool's gold.

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    What gargantuan centers? Kaman and Dampier? Outside of Bynum, there aren't that many big athletic centers out west.
    I wouldnt consider Bynum athletic

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Mike Jordan, might be having a thing pulled up his sleeve. Maybe he is trying to open up room for 2010???
    I think it is a fair deal, they both are good at blocks, have zero post game and chandler is more athlete and the Bobcats get cap space for FA